I fucking hate XMas

bryan_kilco

Nov 22, 2007
Poconos, PA
I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It was never always this way.

When I was a child it was the greatest day in the world. Now, it just stresses me out more than anything. For one - I have no clue what to ever get my family. My girlfriend.....always wants something bigger and better than last year. I really just don't have the money, ever. I can't afford to spend $500 on my car let alone an iPad for the woman. I guess I just worry about her not being satisfied with the stuff I get her, knowing that she probably got me some cool expensive stuff. But....it's not about gifts, right?

Either way, I'm turning into Ebenezer Scrooge faster and faster each year and it's sorta depressing.

Yeah that probably won't go over too well. :loco:

It's mainly my own fault since I haven't busted my ass to find a better paying job......but at the same time, when you have made almost $10k in about a month busting your ass on a job 4 hours from home, then not getting paid in full, kinda does something to a man.

Christmas is the time of year i realize i'm all alone, don't have any real friends and that i am a fucking asshole because i never have any money to buy my family anything(But i always have money to buy guitars for some odd reason.).

just keep it simple. Christmas is the time of the year because I always see most of my family again. I'm living far away of them, we don't have the "buy me" thing going on...:)

To me, things given with heart are reall presents, not how much it is!

Merry christmas

CHEERS

Sounds to me like you hate Christmas because you've completely missed the point of it.

I hate spending money on people, too, but that's not why I love this time of year so much. The smell of Christmas trees, everyone having lights out on their houses, people being 'home for the holidays,' the cool weather and subsequent fireplace lightings/hot chocolate binges, homemade eggnog, awesome cheesy sweaters, etc... all more than make up for having to think a bit on how to buy the people I care about the cheapest gift possible that still says I care. :lol:

I don't have money to spare for gifts at any other time of the year and the month of december is no different (I was in my overdraft less than 7 days after being paid this month. Fuck my finances!) and that's pretty much been the case with me for ages. Even buying cards would just put me further in debt so this year nobody is getting jack shit and I can't afford to travel or take time off work so I don't bother going home to see the family either. Same as last year, same as the year before, same as the year before that.

Christmas is for kids. I don't have kids, so it can get fucked.

I hate spending money on people, too, but that's not why I love this time of year so much. The smell of Christmas trees, everyone having lights out on their houses, people being 'home for the holidays,' the cool weather and subsequent fireplace lightings/hot chocolate binges, homemade eggnog, awesome cheesy sweaters, etc... all more than make up for having to think a bit on how to buy the people I care about the cheapest gift possible that still says I care. :lol:

We don't have a christmas tree, no-one in Sweden has christmas lights on their houses, our "cool weather" is f-ing freezing(We might get your cool weather in the summer.), we don't have a fireplace, we don't drink eggnog, no cheesy sweaters and its still definitely not about the gifts.. in fact, i know that my family don't care if i buy them gifts or not, but i do.

Yes, i am a negative Nancy. :lol:

I'm not quite on board with Jeff's sweaters and eggnog but I do like this time of year for seeing friends and family.
Gifts are nice too but no one who truly cares about you would want you to spend more than you could afford or want you to stress out about money.

I've maybe bought two presents in near twenty years and as a result I am near useless at purchasing anyone gifts. I don't have a lot of close friends anyway so its always been fairly acceptable to say - "I'm too lazy if you are".

Gonna enjoy pissing off back to the countryside at the end of the week though, warm coal fire, real tree (no fake shit) etc. Don't give a flying fuck about the rest of it just a week not to worry about anything.

Holy shit, I thought you guys only had all this stuff in romantic, Christmas-themed comedies :zombie:

Maybe it's different for other people, but my family has always done Christmas that way, and when all of my friends get back in from their respective universities (I got off a week earlier than most), the first thing we have planned is a shit-show "eggnog and ugly Christmas sweater" party. :lol:

We don't have a christmas tree, no-one in Sweden has christmas lights on their houses, our "cool weather" is f-ing freezing(We might get your cool weather in the summer.), we don't have a fireplace, we don't drink eggnog, no cheesy sweaters and its still definitely not about the gifts.. in fact, i know that my family don't care if i buy them gifts or not, but i do.

Yes, but you get Julmust, which makes up for all of that :lol:

xmas is silly.

You're just angry that you didn't get Gimel often enough in your Dreidel-ing.

I'm not quite on board with Jeff's sweaters and eggnog but I do like this time of year for seeing friends and family.
Gifts are nice too but no one who truly cares about you would want you to spend more than you could afford or want you to stress out about money.

I hated eggnog until I started making my own - the stuff from the grocery store is absolutely disgusting. Although it could be a vegan thing, I remember you being octo-ovo for some reason.

Your second point is really spot-on, though - usually, buying gifts for people when you can't afford it just makes them feel bad that you stressed out and spent money you didn't have to, which in turn causes them want to buy you something, and chances are they were in the same boat you were originally.

God I hate it when my mum sets up the Christmas tree.
Really hope she doesn't this year, because it always bugs me when she wants to leave the goddamn lights she wraps around it on at night.

Also have to put up with the bogan family members on my father's side that come from Ipswitch or some other redneck/bogan-ridden Queensland suburb. I spend the whole time trying not to laugh (and also wanting to scream) when they talk because I just cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would actually want to sound like that in real life.
Annoying, fucking screechy, degenerate accent.