I fucking hate XMas

:lol: I just lock up and let it pass me by like most social constructs every year. Not watching TV, and those hideous Christmas specials really helps it along.

Don't really have any family we keep in touch to speak of, so pretty much good to keep mixing and tracking my way through the jolly season :)

Yes, but you get Julmust, which makes up for all of that :lol:

True that.
This is the real deal:

Apotekarnes-julmust-2010.jpg

Aaaw, yeah! :cool:

Well, I had some GREAT xmas when I was a kid. But i grew up, and my teen years erased those memory. I always spent xmas with my family, but my father hates xmas due to some crazy shit my grandpa did to him on his childhood (not anything physical, but psychological stuff), so he was always grumpy and ended having very heated arguments with my mom on xmas eve, so when I was about 15, I decided not to join this anymore, I spent the following 3 or 4 xmas eves on the front of my computer using IRC, which was depressing, as no one used it at that time heeh Now, it is also kinda sad, because my wife always wants to go to her parents', and I need to go to my mum's, so it always kinda sad having xmas away from her (well, the houses are 3 minutes away by car, but it's still away from her and my daughters). This year, due to my daughter's surgery, we will spend it together, but it will be weird with Zoe on casts from toes to the abdomem, one week after the surgery. We hired a fake Santa Claus to come and try to entertain her, but I dunno. Making a long story short, xmas is kinda of a sour moment to me, so I am always kinda sad when it arrives.

Xmas is cool if you live it, like Jeff's family. It can be a real magic moment but it needs to be real and felt by everybody. It's a pity it is not my case.

Btw, Jeff, it's been a while since I don't have a hot chocolate (well, it's almost 95 degree here, so hot chocolate is not exactly a nice thing here hehe). But one day your door will be knocked and a grumpy short guy will be asking for hot chocolate and eggnog :D

Btw, my wife saw an ipad for the first time and wants one bad too (of course she wont be getting one from me). What's the deal with women and the ipad? Do they come with a built-in dildo or something? Do they make women prettier, like some hi-tech Cinderella mirror ? "Hey dear S. Jobs, do I look pretty today?".

Edit: Not Cinderella, but that chick that hung out with the midgets.

well, I guess I dont totally HATE Christmas. I can totally relate to a lot of what people in here have said, but it's usually more of a "Shit, what the HELL am I going to get 'so-and-so'. I do enjoy the brisk weather and the pine smell and all that fun stuff. I just hate being worried about having to get something for the family and the womans family and so on.

BAH HUMBUG.

P.S. -- Sorry guys, I realize a good chunk of you all are from Australia. Wasn't even sure if Christmas was even a holiday over there.

Cheers either way.

well, I guess I dont totally HATE Christmas. I can totally relate to a lot of what people in here have said, but it's usually more of a "Shit, what the HELL am I going to get 'so-and-so'. I do enjoy the brisk weather and the pine smell and all that fun stuff. I just hate being worried about having to get something for the family and the womans family and so on.

BAH HUMBUG.

P.S. -- Sorry guys, I realize a good chunk of you all are from Australia. Wasn't even sure if Christmas was even a holiday over there.

Cheers either way.

Pretty sure Christmas is observed in many countries all over the world dude.
And besides, not like our culture is significantly different to yours anyway.
Whenever America says "Here ya go Australia, have some more of our culture" we pretty much bend over and take it.

Pretty sure Christmas is observed in many countries all over the world dude.
And besides, not like our culture is significantly different to yours anyway.
Whenever America says "Here ya go Australia, have some more of our culture" we pretty much bend over and take it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that post in any sort of offensive way at all.

I just really don't know which countries do/don't celebrate it.

I DO indeed have a box of "black" santa cards that my friend gave me years ago as a joke. Not racist, but pretty funny. :loco:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that post in any sort of offensive way at all.

I just really don't know which countries do/don't celebrate it.

I DO indeed have a box of "black" santa cards that my friend gave me years ago as a joke. Not racist, but pretty funny. :loco:

Nah dude, all good, no offense taken.

Yeah Christmas sucks ass. It prob meant something a long time ago, but now they should just call it "Me Me Me Day". Its full of greed.
I have a friend that loves it. My buddy gets all into it even though he lives alone. He decorates his apartment, watches christmas movies, listens to christmas music, has a christmas tree, and even makes christmas cookies. I find it totally fucking weird, but my friend doesnt care. He loves the holidays. I wonder if he decorates his closet?
My mom & stepdad celebrate christmas as the birth of Jesus. Santa wasnt welcome in the house growing up.

People that EXPECT shit to be given to them on Christmas deserve NOTHING. Those people are perfect ways to show how messed up the holiday has gotten. Dont get the person demanded/expects something a present. Youll see how much the "holiday" doesnt mean to them and how much the "im a greedy prick" thing shines like the sun.

To each his own I guess. I just dont participate in holidays.

Never, ever give girls gifts! It's a road to ruin, from experience. They will: (1) think you're trying to buy her, (2) think you have something to compensate for with the gift (lack of attention recently, bad personality, etc), (3) start to escalate gift (price) requirements with each gift. Of course, they will smile and look happy when receiving it, but internally they are the polar opposite about it.

Sounds to me like you hate Christmas because you've completely missed the point of it.

I hate spending money on people, too, but that's not why I love this time of year so much. The smell of Christmas trees, everyone having lights out on their houses, people being 'home for the holidays,' the cool weather and subsequent fireplace lightings/hot chocolate binges, homemade eggnog, awesome cheesy sweaters, etc... all more than make up for having to think a bit on how to buy the people I care about the cheapest gift possible that still says I care. :lol:

Ahh, give it a few more years Jeff and the Christmas grinch will surface in you too :D

The only thing I hate about this time of year is going into the stores... for ANYTHING. People are so fucking rude that I want to start stabbing random people 5 minutes after my arrival. Luckily, we did most of our shopping for the kids online this year, which eliminates the need to go into the stores.

I truly feel sorry for anyone that has to work in retail around this time of year.

ahhh just wondering if maybe I knew ya, but I'm willing to be you're a bit older than me.

I'm in Saylorsburg. Near Stroudsburg/Marshalls Creek, etc.

I like it, but I was sick last Christmas as well as the one before that, so celebrating it hasn't been going too well lately.