I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reign in Acai

Of Elephant and Man
Jun 25, 2003
Favela of My Dismay
I gave opeth another chance yesterday and bought damnation after hearing "In my time of need". Fuck this cd is a snoozefest! Another 15 bucks down the shitter! Fuck me with a spoon!!!!!! You would think that this band would atleast play some complicated songs if their gonna go super mellow. This cd cant be considered crap. It lacks soo much that you cant even categorize it. Ahhh well I cant be dissapointed because i didnt have high hopes to begin with. I gave them one more chance due to all the people claiming its a masterpiece. Windowpane, In my time of need, and track 6 are all decent.. The other 5 tracks need to be performed by a band called anesthetic

Reactions: Phrozenspite
Damnation has been called boring by some people. I certainly prefer Deliverance or Morningrise! :D
Having said that - what the fuck would you know? You like St Anger for fuck sake! :lol: The worst record ever, and that's coming from a Metallica fan!

Reactions: *Niko*
You should have bought a different Opeth CD, as Damnation is not generally representative of Opeth's overll sound. I also think that it is their weakest CD, but it is still ten times better than that piece of shit known as St. Anger.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Having said that - what the fuck would you know? You like St Anger for fuck sake! :lol: The worst record ever, and that's coming from a Metallica fan!
Lol!
Shit Anger IS a snoozefest! Damnation IS A MASTERPIECE my friend. At least there's feel not to mention solos. To each his own.

not everyone likes it when a band does a whole mellow, soft album really. IMO its a brilliant album but its not fair to judge opeth on just that album which isnt even a proper representation of their overall style

DUDE I CAN PLAY FUCKING DAMNATION ON A GUITAR AND IVE NEVER PICKED ONE UP IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! HOW FUCKING SIMPLISTIC IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT! ST ANGER RULES! AND IM USING CAPITAL LETTERS JUST TO PISS YOUR VIRGINAL ASSES UP! ST ANGER OWNS YOU FUCKING UNDERGREOUND GOONBERRIES! AND MY INSULTS ONLY GO TO THE DICKS ON THE BOARD NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES. Anyhow THE FIRST ALBUM I BOUGHT WAS DELIVERANCE. HATED IT. I just dled Still life. This album isnt half bad. Guess third times a charm? OH AND LET ME REITERATE. ST ANGER OWNS

why the fuck did you buy Damnation of all the Opeth albums?

*psst* "to give Opeth another chance" gives the impression that you have given them two chances, and that's not enough. Opeth needs about 4.

Any band that needs 4 chances isnt good in my opinion. Still life is the best out of the 3 eye heard. ive heard other songs from their other albums but not entire albums. Deliverance gets a 1 on a scale of 10. Wtf is this turd of audio cacophony? Cookie monster on crack. I hate shit vox. Damnation. Ok mellow. But so mellow your grandmother headbangs to it? Wtf!
Still Life an improvement on my other listens but still nothing to rave home about. Best band in the world? My ass!!!

You're a metallica fanboy, one of those fucktards who only acknowledges the accomplishments of his favorite band. Also, a person who has never played the guitar is incapable of judging the difficulty of guitar playing. The expression is "it's nothing to write home about". In short you are a moron.

Opeth is still shit though.

The expression is anything i wish it to be . Im a fanboy..but your a fagboy. Hmmm i rather be me. Opeth has ruined my love for metal. Im gonna go listen to led zepplin. And regain my love for music with some real talent

AllWithinMyMonster said:
The expression is anything i wish it to be . Im a fanboy..but your a fagboy. Hmmm i rather be me. Opeth has ruined my love for metal. Im gonna go listen to led zepplin. And regain my love for music with some real talent

:erk:

Personally, I'd rather be a steaming pile of dog feces than you.

I'm a fag because you don't like me apparently, oh well your response was too impotent to provoke me to insult you further, I've made my sentiments clear and you've validated them, palooka.

Do not quote my first comment and say "you are a steaming pile of dog feces".

Status
Not open for further replies.