I hate grunge.

One thing you have to admit; as goofy as the 80's hair band guitarists looked with the big hair, make-up and spandex they spent years mastering their craft with blistering guitar riffs and killer solos whereas Cobain shot up the charts playing rinky-dink power chords and amateurish piss ant guitar solos. Go figure! A few months back I was in a local music store and saw this young 15-ish looking boy playing the guitar intro to Alice Cooper's "Poison" on a Fender Strat. I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for NOT playing that "Come as you are" or "Smells like Teen Spirit" bullshit like most people I hear his age play. Judging from the smile he gave me he knew exactly what I was getting at!

I joined this forum to discuss about music. As a fan of "hair metal" , I like discussing its rise and fall. What do you want from me? Man I miss the 80s/early 90s good times and good memories. I grew up on heavy metal. love hair metal. Nirvana was shit and I held them responsible for the destruction of rock music. God damn there was some good fucking rock music in the 80s-early 90s. Rock music was butchered in 90s by media and people who were jealous of rock music's popularity. Late 80s/early 90s for me was the best years ever partying and getting fucked up and getting laid i miss them days.
i prefer "hair metal" over "real" metal, seriously
having said that, i hate grunge, partially cuz grunge sounds like crap but also because grunge becoming popular is the thing that killed hair metal, if Cobain had killed himself a few years earlier, Motley Crue would have made more albums

Ice skating is close enough right?

skating-with-the-stars-02.jpg
All Cobain sang about was depression, gloom, doom, misery, angst, despair, loss and a terrible life growing up. Sure, he wasn't the first nor the last to sing songs like that but that was ALL he sang about! Take John Lennon for example; his dad abandoned him and his mom when he was a kid and John was practically destroyed when his mother was killed by an off duty police officer who was driving drunk but looking at his music it wasn't all about doom and gloom......and he didn't commit suicide either.

https://www.youtube.com/create_channel?upsell=comment_reply

All Cobain sang about was depression, gloom, doom, misery, angst, despair, loss and a terrible life growing up. Sure, he wasn't the first nor the last to sing songs like that but that was ALL he sang about! Take John Lennon for example; his dad abandoned him and his mom when he was a kid and John was practically destroyed when his mother was killed by an off duty police officer who was driving drunk but looking at his music it wasn't all about doom and gloom......and he didn't commit suicide either.

John Lennon's music sucks more than hair metal

i prefer "hair metal" over "real" metal, seriously
having said that, i hate grunge, partially cuz grunge sounds like crap but also because grunge becoming popular is the thing that killed hair metal, if Cobain had killed himself a few years earlier, Motley Crue would have made more albums
Don’t encourage him...

John Lennon's music sucks more than hair metal
Hell, Cobain's own daughter doesn't care for his bullshit music either nor for how he abandoned his family! Cobain Is untalented and overrated, here is why, his lyrics are shit, they simply sound like that loser kid in highschool that no one talks to and always writes random shit on his notebook, Example, "A mulatto an albino,a mosquito my libido" what the fuck is that. And don't make me go on about his "riffing" all his most known riffs are rip off`s. Axl Rose is a better singer than Cobain for the meer fact that he has an incredible range vocal wise, he can sing low and bluesy like in Patience or Dead Horse, and then he can sing High like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet child o` mine, Etc etc.

Kids today and their grunge and their baggy pants and their tamagotchis and their mountain dew and their hippity-hop music and their pinch-back suits! When I was your age, you had to walk 10 miles uphill both ways in the snow to get to a recording studio!

Reactions: Nate Skalman
I never understood why people use Nirvana as the basis for all grunge

even they didnt like that label, they were always trying to be punk/pop

Speaking of hair metal, I checked this album out yesterday. Not bad tbh:

81UaBqMkCbL._SY355_.jpg
Talk about Supergroups, we could probably throw them in the mix for best Supergroup. I saw them for their first record, they kicked ass. Every so often, I'll read all these "critics" who trash the record, yet, as I said, I've always enjoyed the record. I like both Damn Yankees albums. About two years ago Classic Rock magazine confirmed what many fans had long suspected -- that Damn Yankees was indeed a manufactured "supergroup." Tommy Shaw, Jack Blades, and Ted Nugent were all adrift at the time career wise and none of them knew each other prior to DY's formation; it was A&R demi-god John Kalodner who had the idea of putting the three of them together.

I never understood why people use Nirvana as the basis for all grunge

even they didnt like that label, they were always trying to be punk/pop
Nirvana is shit, personally. Real rock ended when they were formed. All that alternative music that sounds the same was or is never going to be rock and roll. It was Nirvana who took the spirit of rock and messed it up completely. Kurt Cobain was heavily influenced by the Meat Puppets and the Pixies and told anyone who cared that the Teen Spirit structure came straight from Gouge Away. And the riff from Come As You Are was taken from Killing Joke's Eighties . Nirvana have no meaning behind their lyrics. To quote Kurt himself "a lot of times when I write lyrics it's in the last second because I'm lazy. Then I find myself having to come up with explanations". 99% of the time, Nirvana wrote down random phrases, tied them together and let people make up bullshit about it. Listen to today's commercial rock music and then listen to Nirvana. Any difference? They even wear almost the same clothes. Nirvana influenced those.

One thing you have to admit; as goofy as the 80's hair band guitarists looked with the big hair, make-up and spandex they spent years mastering their craft with blistering guitar riffs and killer solos whereas Cobain shot up the charts playing rinky-dink power chords and amateurish piss ant guitar solos. Go figure! A few months back I was in a local music store and saw this young 15-ish looking boy playing the guitar intro to Alice Cooper's "Poison" on a Fender Strat. I walked up to him and shook his hand and thanked him for NOT playing that "Come as you are" or "Smells like Teen Spirit" bullshit like most people I hear his age play. Judging from the smile he gave me he knew exactly what I was getting at!

Does your probation officer know?...I have serious concerns about you touching 15-ish looking yo kids...egads!!

Nirvana is shit, personally. Real rock ended when they were formed. All that alternative music that sounds the same was or is never going to be rock and roll. It was Nirvana who took the spirit of rock and messed it up completely. Kurt Cobain was heavily influenced by the Meat Puppets and the Pixies and told anyone who cared that the Teen Spirit structure came straight from Gouge Away. And the riff from Come As You Are was taken from Killing Joke's Eighties . Nirvana have no meaning behind their lyrics. To quote Kurt himself "a lot of times when I write lyrics it's in the last second because I'm lazy. Then I find myself having to come up with explanations". 99% of the time, Nirvana wrote down random phrases, tied them together and let people make up bullshit about it. Listen to today's commercial rock music and then listen to Nirvana. Any difference? They even wear almost the same clothes. Nirvana influenced those.

Hell, Cobain's own daughter doesn't care for his bullshit music either nor for how he abandoned his family! Cobain Is untalented and overrated, here is why, his lyrics are shit, they simply sound like that loser kid in highschool that no one talks to and always writes random shit on his notebook, Example, "A mulatto an albino,a mosquito my libido" what the fuck is that. And don't make me go on about his "riffing" all his most known riffs are rip off`s. Axl Rose is a better singer than Cobain for the meer fact that he has an incredible range vocal wise, he can sing low and bluesy like in Patience or Dead Horse, and then he can sing High like Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet child o` mine, Etc etc.

now that we's firmly established how crappy Cobain/Nirvana was
can we talk about other crappy music??