I hate Nevermore vocals....

FEZZILLA said:
I can't believe im reading this blasphemy against Warrel Danes vocals!
Thats the problem with the mainstream music industry today. There are none,0-talented singers in the world of American rock/metal,and nobody can reconize a killer vocalist anymore. Most of you couldn't reconize a good singer if you heard one. I for one am a true vocal virtuoso and can know instintly if a sing is skilled or not. Warrel is one of the greatest singers America has to offer and he sings in a real heavy band called Nevermore! You can't have every heavy band doing the death metal thing..Besides, death metal is pretty much over and done. Its gone as far as it will go. Singers and standards however, will make a comeback in the world of MUSIC!

Ok.. first... he is not a good vocalist :err: ... he sux big time... he shuld jump into a clif and kick himself in the ass... becose he is a lousy vocalist.

come on man.. i said.. I DON'T like Nevermore vocals.. .... thats my opinion... and just MY opinion

ya see, now that's just stupid and ignorant
YOU are STUPID and IGNORANT

I'll be the first to say the christina aguilera makes shitty music, but I sure as hell won't say she is a bad vocalist

see man? there's a fine line ya need to draw
just because you dont like something, doesnt mean it's NOT GOOD AT ALL

Idiot.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
Ok.. first... he is not a good vocalist :err: ... he sux big time... he shuld jump into a clif and kick himself in the ass... becose he is a lousy vocalist.

come on man.. i said.. I DON'T like Nevermore vocals.. .... thats my opinion... and just MY opinion
:loco: sooooooooooooooo, why are you on this thread? is it just to give your opinion :ill:
So there you have it, now move along there is nothing here for you to see whineass :yell:

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so let's leave it there. I think some sort of death metal-lyrics would disrupt the fine, sometimes unnotisable characteristics of their music.
But that's just what I think.

retarded penguin said:
I'll be the first to say the christina aguilera makes shitty music, but I sure as hell won't say she is a bad vocalist
see man? there's a fine line ya need to draw
just because you dont like something, doesnt mean it's NOT GOOD AT ALL
I'll have to agree with the fella with the penguin cozies. (sorry, been wanting to say "penguin cozy" for a while, now...) I have started listening to bands that, personally, I loathe the vocal style they use, but because of their music I've gotten into them and by listening to them more have come to appreciate the vocals. Personally, vocals like Iniquity's drive me nuts. On the other hand, I feel that Chuck BIlly's performances on Demonic and The Gathering are some of the best of his career. So, with that fine distinction in mind, I've found that good vocalists happen to bad music just as much as bad vocalists happen to good music.

Oddly, enough -- if you're to take to the top two dorky teenybopper divas, right now, Spears and Aguilera, and compare the two, Christina's voice is infinitely better than Brittney's. That said, my brain turns inside out when I am forced by whatever nefarious methods are used at the time to listen to them, but having had to listen to them both, I will say that Aguilera's voice is her saving grace. Brittney has none.

Now, that said, a band whose vocal performance came REALLY close to turning me off from an excellent techincal metal band was Anacrusis. Exceedingly high-pitched screaming (screaming, not Santuary-era falcetto) does nothing for me except make me run to check to make sure the kids are OK...

Well in regards to the original topic, I agree with the majority here...

Why would you want to take the one thing that really makes Nevermore special, and ruin it? Sure the guitarwork is great (I'm a guitarist, and I LOVE Loomis' work) the drumming is excellent, but if you just lay death metal vocals over it they will sound just like any other death metal group. I love Satyricon, Dark Tranquility, Carcass, Opeth etc, as much as the next guy, but do something different. Have an innovative sound. His vocals are the main reason Nevermore is so special.

Although a well placed growl for emphasis on certain words every once in a while would be cool. Sonata Arctica's (one the best rock singers I've ever heard) Kakko RARELY growls. But he does do it maybe once or twice an album, and I think it's great. But overusing it will just land you back in cliche land.

Just my thoughts... for what it's worth.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
I'm sorry.... that's just my opinion.

I think that nevermore would be better with some "death metal" vocals.

I love the music of this guys, its so full of power, energy... it could be my favorite band if it had a diffrent vocalist.

Does anybody else think the same way i do???....

Nope, I don't agree with you. I think Warrel's vocals complement the music in a perfect way. They add both agression and a lot of melody. A perfect ingredient for their kind of music!

well, i like his voice most of the time, but on we disintegrate, the verse where he says "lies a void called ego" and the one before it, he just sounds annoying. i dont like squealing. otherwise the song is perfect.

but other songs like evolution 169 he sounds awesome, and the sound of silence as well.

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
I'm sorry.... that's just my opinion.

I think that nevermore would be better with some "death metal" vocals.

I love the music of this guys, its so full of power, energy... it could be my favorite band if it had a diffrent vocalist.

Does anybody else think the same way i do???....

ow can yous don't dig da vocals? yous is kiddin, right? without them it's borin dry riffin. except fa da solos, and vocals, nevermore is a bland deaf metal band.

Devy_Metal said:
well, i like his voice most of the time, but on we disintegrate, the verse where he says "lies a void called ego" and the one before it, he just sounds annoying. i dont like squealing. otherwise the song is perfect.

but other songs like evolution 169 he sounds awesome, and the sound of silence as well.

by only judging songs on Dead Heart isnt saying much for Warrel's voice. hear the whole catalogue first :D

If you want a piece of Nevermore and death vocals, listen to Pure Sweet Hell, Van's side band: www.puresweethell.com
I think death vocals would kind of ruin the point of Nevermore--melodic vocals over aggressive music is what they do, and not too many bands can successfully pull it off. That's their thing and maybe they realize that death vocals might come across as "trying to catch up with what all the other bands are doing". Maybe they don't feel the need to do it, or maybe Warrel's voice doesn't do death. I'm a vocalist/guitarist in a band with a similar theme. In my case, I'd like to throw in the occassional death throes behind clean harmonies, but my voice doesn't do it. Closest I can get is a Tom Araya-like scream. Dammit.

http://www.withinanother.com/index2.html