I hate the Internet Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

tit

Jun 15, 2002
www.blackmetal.com
You know how you know when someone dl all the DT albums? They spell Tranquillity with one "L" that drives me fucking nuts. Look on the album or go and buy one. Doesn't help that the IPOD isn't much better cuz it spells them with one "L"

small complaint

:kickass:

Totally agree with tit.... those are the people who don't even buy any of the albums, and call themselves fans. It's just downright pissy of them. iPod can fall of the face of the earth for all I care too.

if I didn't download music I wouldn't know many many bands, and my culture would be much narrower. ethical file-sharing is a cultural value that has to be protected.

not everyone has the money to buy all cds. and I downloading is positive for bands as many artists get known because their music is on emule or the torrent. if I download something I like I save money to buy it. I started listening to DT on mp3s. now I have every single album in lots of different versions and I spent loads of money to buy that.

if I didn't download music I wouldn't know many many bands, and my culture would be much narrower. ethical file-sharing is a cultural value that has to be protected.

not everyone has the money to buy all cds. and I downloading is positive for bands as many artists get known because their music is on emule or the torrent. if I download something I like I save money to buy it. I started listening to DT on mp3s. now I have every single album in lots of different versions and I spent loads of money to buy that.

Agreed 100%!

I still don't physically own ALL of DT's albums. But I'm getting there. I've paid for concert tickets and merch as well. I'll have it all eventually... I'm just a poor bastard at the moment.

There is definetly a need for a large overhaul of the copyright-laws. A system of laws that incriminates at the least 10% of a countrys population for an offence commited daily cant remain for long.

people like you guys i have absolutely no problem with. i totally sympathize and agree. it's the ones who never buy anything and hardly even know anything about the band, but call themselves fans.

people like you guys i have absolutely no problem with. i totally sympathize and agree. it's the ones who never buy anything and hardly even know anything about the band, but call themselves fans.

yeah, that's what really harms the music industry. the problem is that some people exploit file-sharing with no ethics at all, those are the people that should be legally pursued, not the ones like us that download mp3s to build up a culture and eventually spend money to legalize their position.

I've never downloaded a song
but I've misspelled many words, never tranquillity
but with my dyslexia sometimes I confuse q with g
Peeps always justify what they do ever if it is not right
I always think of the mob mentality of 'everyone is doing it'
As a child I tried that on my parents, but Dad, "everyone is doing it"
He replied,"If everyone jumped off the bridge, would you?"
I've updated the 'everyone is doing it" thing
Everyone is fuckn' your 10 year old sister,
so I might as well do her because everyone else is.
Like our esteemed moderator, I am a fan of the Internet -

I do own all the DT albums, except for Character.
I also can spell "Dark Tranquillity".
The two things are not related.
I know someone who owns all the Green Day albums and believes that their singer is called Billie Joel.

For many fans it's hard to get the earlier albums (everything before Projector) especially if they live in smaller countries that aren't in the U.S. or Europe, so I don't blame anyone for downloading. I think most of DTs fan base are pretty damn committed to supporting the band - the music doesn't lend itself to superficial or casual listening, in my opinion, so I don't think DT has much of a problem with the "internet fans" that you're talking about.

For many fans it's hard to get the earlier albums (everything before Projector) especially if they live in smaller countries that aren't in the U.S. or Europe, so I don't blame anyone for downloading. I think most of DTs fan base are pretty damn committed to supporting the band - the music doesn't lend itself to superficial or casual listening, in my opinion, so I don't think DT has much of a problem with the "internet fans" that you're talking about.

That is true, but nevertheless, I got my hands on The Gallery! Oh yeah! That's quite an achievement if you consider the fact that I'm from Croatia.
Now I have to find Projector!!!!!!!!

That is true, but nevertheless, I got my hands on The Gallery! Oh yeah! That's quite an achievement if you consider the fact that I'm from Croatia.
Now I have to find Projector!!!!!!!!

Well, I had trouble finding older records as well (and I'm from Italy). The only solution, imho, is eBay. I bought almost my entire DT and IF collections from eBay, it just works well :)

Just wanted to say that I'm a long time fan, support the band buying their albums/dvd's and have attended shows on every american tour they have been a part of, but ... the word "tranquillity" does not exist.

the word "tranquillity" does not exist.

If you look at the word "Tranquil," its etymology, and its use as an adjective, such a word did exist and was used less than 100 years ago. It isn't like it's middle English, or a misspelling, its just that popular use dictates that the second "L" is extraneous now. I swear I've read books that have it spelled with two "L"s. Unfortunately, I cannot come up with hard proof (a direct quote), though Shelley's Frankenstein comes to mind...

I'va always spelt Dark Tranquillity...and I am 100% canadian (well, québécois...but that's another story)

Status
Not open for further replies.