I hate the Internet Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I've tried to order a CD, and both times I've asked for a ticket, I had to stand there spelling out "tranquillity" about five times. :p I honestly don't see why it is such a hard word to spell, aside from the "double L" confusion. It is long, but it is pretty standard English spelling.

Every time I've tried to order a CD, and both times I've asked for a ticket, I had to stand there spelling out "tranquillity" about five times. :p I honestly don't see why it is such a hard word to spell, aside from the "double L" confusion. It is long, but it is pretty standard English spelling.

It could be worse. In non-English-speaking countries I have to spell out "dark". :p

Well, I had trouble finding older records as well (and I'm from Italy). The only solution, imho, is eBay. I bought almost my entire DT and IF collections from eBay, it just works well :)

I wanted to buy on the Ebay, but we just recently got Paypal. :lol:

For now I have Haven and The Gallery.
Character is impossible to find here. :lol:

There is definetly a need for a large overhaul of the copyright-laws. A system of laws that incriminates at the least 10% of a countrys population for an offence commited daily cant remain for long.

So if 10% of your country started raping and stealing from others, their actions should be legalized? :lol:

It has nothing to do with the internet. I'm a spelling Nazi so by the time I realized I've only put in the on L instead of 2 I'm already on to something else and have no idea where I was. I also have the bad habit of adding an A into Megadeth. It's not that I don't know the correct spelling of the bands name it's just that when I type over 115 wpm, and my brain defaults to "correct" spelling 99% of the time.

A small spelling error like that isn't as bad as listing your favorite band of all time as, say, oh DEATH Leopard

/rant

-MetalRose

I seen century media spell dt with one "l" and they are the label. So either someone at CM really sux at his job or didn't finish high school or maybe dt should change their name. yeah i admit i mispell too but people have entire internet files in every single folder with one "l." you saying they mispelled it each and every time they named every dt folder? So in other words, most metal heads function without a full set of chromosome or half a mind? or it just goes back to they are posers? (wow ancient term)

I seen century media spell dt with one "l" and they are the label. So either someone at CM really sux at his job or didn't finish high school or maybe dt should change their name. yeah i admit i mispell too but people have entire internet files in every single folder with one "l." you saying they mispelled it each and every time they named every dt folder? So in other words, most metal heads function without a full set of chromosome or half a mind? or it just goes back to they are posers? (wow ancient term)

Case closed?

I am on teh buying process, it's hard to find all records here, also hard to buy them online if you don't own a damn credit card and nor do your close relatives and even if they did you're not up to admitting you need their help sometimes.

So if 10% of your country started raping and stealing from others, their actions should be legalized? :lol:

Actually yes, if the rest of the population didn´t see raping and stealing as a big fuzz.:loco: The laws in a country follow the needs of the population, what´s "right" or "wrong" isn´t the same throughout history, and a law that incriminates such a large part of the population just undermine the respect for the law.

Actually yes, if the rest of the population didn´t see raping and stealing as a big fuzz.:loco: The laws in a country follow the needs of the population, what´s "right" or "wrong" isn´t the same throughout history, and a law that incriminates such a large part of the population just undermine the respect for the law.

While I'm with you on the relationship between laws and behavior, it has to be noted that it's far more complicated than what you're implying in this reply to Xenophobe. Laws are not merely based on the perception of what's right/wrong among those who vote them (or those who represent the voters), as is testified by the existence of laws against, for instance, white-collar crimes your average Joe cannot even comprehend, much less have a formed opinion about. Laws can also be very unpopular: a particularly strict measure against violating a low speed limit, for instance, would hardly find anyone affected actively in favor, no matter the risk for their own safety. Which is precisely the point: the community is not encouraged to promote laws punishing acts we really really hate, but those that are more efficient to limit damage for both the individual and the group.

I feel confident to say that everybody raping or murdering - as unlikely as it is - would result in the collapse of the community before the idea of even changing the law could cross any authority's mind. And what if it does? Why, I'm going to stick the one-eyed gopher in that authority's cotton-pampered ass, you know what I'm sayin'? You're imagining a state of severe disobedience, which is not conductive to any kind of reform, only to a bloody overthrowing of social structures as they are. To that, a new series of rules will inevitably follow, and you know what is the very first thing they'll ban? Murder, rape, any other form of disruptive violence. Saying that a system could exist without those [edit: the rules, not the violence] means assuming their absence wouldn't result in instant disgregation of the system itself.

This is the reason why I side with Xenophobe on this topic. I don't find your objection that frequently disobeyed laws are not going to last absurd, no, but it's still a little out there if taken out of context. Copyright laws are certainly not the foundation of the modern world, but until intellectual property has found its way to survive and prosper in the Internet age, no matter how many people do it and how many do it without getting caught, the laws will remain because they protect an interest with enough representation (in the vast majority of countries) to be considered worthy of protection.

Also, your numbers are not that meaningful: many more people run a red light than download illegal music off the Internet, and have been doing so for the past 80-100 years, but I don't see the interest for fewer deadly accidents waning any time soon.

The above is not a defense of the RIAA or similar, which I heartily despise.

Yep, actually I was discussing this in another forum, quoth Nietzsche:

What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and; anthropomorphisms: in short, a sum of human relations which have been poetically and rhetorically intensified, transferred, and embellished, and which, after long usage, seem to a people to be fixed, canonical, and binding. Truths are illusions which we have forgotten are illusions- they are metaphors that have become worn out and have been drained of sensuous force, coins which have lost their embossing and are now considered as metal and no longer as coins.

For the sake of Clarity: I did not post that quote in the other forum, someone else did.

My reply was that many things we accept as true (i.e. killing is bad) have reached that status over time because if we didn't accept those things as true, often our own species would be endangered, so, we accept those things as true for conservational reasons and also to improve our quality of living.
Those "truths" are not just a sum of twisted human relations, although that makes up for a part of said "truths".

*sigh* the culture of entitlement strikes again. Why don't you get a job and pay for the music you enjoy?

if I didn't download music I wouldn't know many many bands, and my culture would be much narrower. ethical file-sharing is a cultural value that has to be protected.

not everyone has the money to buy all cds. and I downloading is positive for bands as many artists get known because their music is on emule or the torrent. if I download something I like I save money to buy it. I started listening to DT on mp3s. now I have every single album in lots of different versions and I spent loads of money to buy that.

I am on teh buying process, it's hard to find all records here, also hard to buy them online if you don't own a damn credit card and nor do your close relatives and even if they did you're not up to admitting you need their help sometimes.

Bienvenido a Latinoamérica :ill: :zombie: :erk: .

And yeah, as Nico said, if it weren't for the internet I wouldn't know many bands, because some are really hard to get unless ye pay 3 times the price of the cd.

I mean, I would've never known Burzum, Dragonland, Dreams of Sanity, Sopor Aeternus and a lot more stuff.

I think downloading has it's place, I find it helpful for finding new bands.

But you definitely need a balance between actually buying their records and downloading.

Preferable more buying than downloading =P

Bienvenido a Latinoamérica

Indeed! o_O

So, in other words, you wouldn't be missing much. :p

Touché.

But of course, there are ways to get to know music without downloading, for example:

Last.fm Radio / Community
Pandora
Other streaming music sources

Also wikipedia knows about metal.

When I was young though (which was like 6 years ago), I didn't know of such things, nor had broadband internet at home (which means I couldn't download much music either d: )

So, in other words, you wouldn't be missing much. :p

Hehe I guess ye don't listen Power, but I love Dragonland :headbang: . They're Swedish, ye know? It's funny because most Swedish metal bands have a better quality than most of the rest. e.g. with Dragonland, I think they're quite above the normal Power Metal bands :) .

Have ye heard them? Give 'em a try, the'yr quite good :) :kickass: :headbang: .

afz902k said:
Little Blood-Red Riding Neighbourhood said:
Bienvenido a Latinoamérica

Indeed!

Haha yer welcome, being a Latin-American pretty much sucks, at least for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm tremendously proud of my heritage, but things just fon't work out in this country :erk: .

*goes away and cries because of seeing his beloved country go to the pits*

Status
Not open for further replies.