I hate to say this, but the new Novembre...

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... is better than any Opeth album after Morningrise.

Gives me the same "has metal and extreme metal elements but those don't distract from the truth that it's a prog album first, metal later" feel as Morningrise.

Novembrine Waltz is a true "Holy shit!" album.

I would hope any Opeth fan already has all four Novembre albums so we can argue this.... right?

I think Novembrine Waltz is a very good album... I was actually just thinking about mentioning Novembre in the "Opeth-like bands"-thread... but to say it's better than Still Life or BWP would be a lie.

BTW: I don't have any other Novembre album and I don't have Orchid and Morningrise either (my sincere apologies!!)

Well, due to financial circumstances (check out CD prices in the Netherlands!), I'm not hunting down a band's complete back catalogue whenever I run into them for the first time and like what I hear. Opeth first got my attention when Still Life came out. Then came BWP. Now I also have MAYH in my collection, and maybe in the future Orchid and Morningrise will follow. There's more bands in my collection whose older work I
don't own (Moonspell, Paradise Lost).

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

Gives me the same "has metal and extreme metal elements but those don't distract from the truth that it's a prog album first, metal later" feel as Morningrise.

I would hope any Opeth fan already has all four Novembre albums so we can argue this.... right?

Novembre is very interesting. Thanks for the tip.

You might wanna try this link. Listen to the FULL first two albums + 2 songs from Classica + 2 songs from Novembrine Waltz.

One of the most underrated bands out there.

I have only heard one song with Novembre so I can´t go about thrashing them. I´m not going to compare 5 Opeth ablums with 1 novembre song but I do like the fact that Opeth are metal and Mikaels singing is just the best out there.

I´m listening novembre now (see np) and they are pretty good, I would even purchase one of their album if I could find any, but they lack the emotion I like so much about Opeth (maybe some of their other work is more emotional but I´m judging this 1 song)

Originally posted by veil the sky
Mmm

CD prices in the UK are standard at release about 16GBP, which is about 25US dollars. So keeping up to date is expensive business.
Official DesolatioN Dominion

I've ordered several times from www.season-of-mist.com (based in France) and the service is great. It's £2.60 for postage regardless of how many CDs you order and they've always arrived within 7 days. The CDs average out to about £7.50 each, and they've got all releases from the main metal labels.

HMV and Virgin can kiss my sweaty, honky arse!

Lee B

Originally posted by Mayh

I´m listening novembre now (see np) and they are pretty good, I would even purchase one of their album if I could find any, but they lack the emotion I like so much about Opeth (maybe some of their other work is more emotional but I´m judging this 1 song)

A Memory is off of Arte Novecento, which is their most off the wall, least recommended for getting first.

Everasia is a good song to track down and let murder your ears...

Originally posted by discouraged1
I have heard of Novembre's Classica and didn't like it at all.
Is the new one of any difference in style(singing/playing)?

I don't remember Classica being near as good as this, but frankly I haven't listened to Classica in awhile so I couldn't tell you why I think that. :) Wish I Could Dream it Again is the other Novembre album I give heavy spin time to...

Originally posted by discouraged1
Check out Blazing Eternity, their debut Times and Unknown Waters on Prophecy Productions(www.prophecyproductions.de)
If you like Katatonia also, it will be a much of a surprise.
cheerz opethians

erm, shouldn't you mean 'If you like Katatonia, then Blazing Eternity won't be much of a surprise?' eeehhh, they're an excellent band. I'd interviewed Blazing Eternity and Novembre both for the last magazine formatted issue of LotFP... hehe

"erm, shouldn't you mean 'If you like Katatonia, then Blazing Eternity won't be much of a surprise?'"

Yeah, in a way - I tried to say that if you like both Opeth & Katatonia you will be delighted & stunned.

thanx anyway
cheerz

oooh, strong words.
mmh, i downloaded classica, because of a bunch of people comparing them with opeth. i was pretty dissapointed though! it´s not bad, but it should not even mentioned in the same sentence with opeth. :)
i don´t even think there´s anything out there like opeth, and i´m always on search!

i´m loading Distances from Novembrine Waltz now, so i´ll be definatly checkin it out.

Ive only heard one song from Novembre and it was called 'cold blue steel'. Very cool it was too.
Anyone know what album that song is from?
I might get their new album actually, seeing as theyre playing support for Opeth & Katatonia! :headbang:

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
Ive only heard one song from Novembre and it was called 'cold blue steel'. Very cool it was too.
Anyone know what album that song is from?
I might get their new album actually, seeing as theyre playing support for Opeth & Katatonia! :headbang:

first song from classica!!

I Think that Novrmbre have done 4 masterpieces but they are quite different from Opeth...expecially now.I think you can't compare these 2 bands...
Anyway...Novembrine Waltz is a masterpiece,one of the best album of the year,check it out!

This is great. I've been meaning to check this band out for a long time. I'm listening to a song off of "Novembrine Waltz". Very impressive. Right up my alley. I'll keep checking more songs out and if they're as good, Novembre will be put at the top of my "to get" list!