I hope everyone doesn't mind a Ragnarok Fest Poll

Where do you stand?

• Total voters
I vant to go badly. I'll have the money for a glorious national lampoon of RC European Vacation but the only thing that may put a spork in it will be how much time i can get off from vork.

What happened to your "W" Key?

Let them know in Jan, that you need a minimum of a week off in March for a family vacation to Europe. You're going to see a dying Aunt or some shit. You won't see a lineup this good Ever again.

What happened to your "W" Key?

I'm the fucking Count, itchba! :mad:

Let them know in Jan, that you need a minimum of a week off in March for a family vacation to Europe. You're going to see a dying Aunt or some shit. You won't see a lineup this good Ever again.

I vant more than a veek to ensure I get my fill. I guess at the least I could use all my sick days and some of the days I've attained for vacation. or i dunno

LMFAO! Dude face it, "30 Days of Night" blows ass, no need to pay tribute to this horrid film with vampiric grammar. :dopey:

I'd tell my boss to go fuck himself if he doesn't grant me my requested time off. (Well probably not, I'd just call in sick every night from Germany)

I've already told my bosses that I won't be there for atleast a week at the end of March and the start of April. They're getting several months notice.

I think I found a hotel to make a reservation.

I can't get into the darn hotel reservation system at the moment but this is the hotel:

Hotel - Kurhotel an der Obermaintherme - Staffelstein, Tel.: 09573/33 30
http://www.kurhotel-staffelstein.de/index.php?id=home

It is just .3 km from the Bad Staffelstein train station which appears to be the train stop right before the Lichtenfels train station coming from Frankfurt.

The cool thing is it is only a 6 minute train ride for 1.90 Euro from Bad Staffelstein to Lichtenfels train station then the 15 minute walk to the fest concert hall.

The only thing is I would need a taxi home at end of both evenings as the last train going back is at 12:46am. It is only about 3.5 miles from one town to the other so not a long taxi ride.

I will have more info later this afternoon when I can get into the various sites again as it appears they are doing work at the hotel reservation site I use.

It appears all the various Lichtenfels hotels listed are the smaller intimate 27-30ish type room places thus why they sell out fast.

I am not taking a chance and reserving a room and if something closer can be had, cool but otherwise it won't be that hard of a deal going the 3.5 miles.

I got the reservation from March 27-30 at 72 Euro(about 103 dollars) a night.

Sean, thanks so much for your efforts, well done.

I just sent in my request for a room for two people. I'll confirm if the reservation is made.

This place has over 100 rooms, so great call and I'm sure we can all share taxis, etc. if need be.

Jason

It appears all the various Lichtenfels hotels listed are the smaller intimate 27-30ish type room places thus why they sell out fast.

Sorry to sound redundant, but have all the hotels in Lichtenfels sold out? making reservations everywhere is not a problem -- you simply cancel when you no longer need one -- but obviously staying in Lichtenfels is optimal. If you're telling me they're all booked, then I won't even bother calling them. Thanks.

If you're telling me they're all booked, then I won't even bother calling them. Thanks.

I doubt they're all fully booked, but they are all very small, and it would probably be difficult for everyone to stay at the same place and booking rooms via phone with hotel personnel in smaller foreign towns presents a larger language barrier problem and a major pain. I'm definitely assuming that the primary reason the hotel we mentioned before was fully booked is because it was the only hotel in Lichtenfels you can book online.

If you do call and make a reservation at a smaller place, please reserve me a room as well and I'll just pay at the front desk (of course, if you can get a larger room, we'll just go the single room route to save $$).

Thanks!

Jason and Jay,

I use http://www.hrs.com/ . It is another good thing about being friends with Kris as side from him being a cool guy. He hooked me up with this website many years ago.

I just searched using Lichtenfels(Lichtenfels) although Lichtenfels(Bayern) will work.

The hotel did email me back with my questions prior to having made my reservation thru hrs but it feels good getting a room.

this was it:

Dear Mr. Watts,

thank you for your E-Mail.
From our hotel to the Stadthalle Lichtenfels you need ca. 10-15 Minutes by
car and also to the train station in Lichtenfels you need ca. 10-15 Minutes
by car. But our city has also a train station and our hotel is not far away
from this (2 minutes).

We hope to welcome you at our hotel.

Yours sincerely
Kurhotel an der Obermaintherme GmbH & Co KG

Carolin Olzmann

Sorry to sound redundant, but have all the hotels in Lichtenfels sold out? making reservations everywhere is not a problem -- you simply cancel when you no longer need one -- but obviously staying in Lichtenfels is optimal. If you're telling me they're all booked, then I won't even bother calling them. Thanks.

I don't know for sure but when I wasn't actually calling them as I was at work last night. I was trying to find websites. The ones I could find showed them off as similar size to that one by the train station.

As I said, if one can find a closer room, it isn't hard to cancel thru the hrs.com website. I just don't think it will be hard to taxi home. I figure I will try to train to the fest each day and share a taxi at end of the evening.

I am still feeling good that my Primordial request after Kris mentioned his response he got from Alan worked so I would like to think I can take partial credit. :loco:

It will also be cool to see my friend Don from Agalloch as I haven't talked to him in person in many years.