I love Misanthrope

Originally posted by Downfall

He's a hippie, remember? :)

(nothing wrong in being one...)

I used to be one too, but now I don't want to
label myself anymore....

But my point was that I don't think love can exist
without hate... Then you don't feel what love is like.
And how can you walk around only having good
and loving days? There must be some things, and
some people that you just can't handle, even
though you don't have to show it? :eek:)

without hate

Love and hate, to an extent, are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Take hate (bad) away, then how do you know what love (good) is like? It's the only one there.

Anyone seen "Vampyre in Brooklyn"?

Yes?

You know the bit when he is convincing the crowd that evil is good?

That's basically what is here.

You can't have good without evil, because there's nothing to compare it to.

Originally posted by Blackspirit

I used to be one too, but now I don't want to
label myself anymore....

without hate... Then you don't feel what love is like.
And how can you walk around only having good
and loving days? There must be some things, and
some people that you just can't handle, even
though you don't have to show it? :eek:)

Agreed, but I think that there can be periods without hate, when a memory is enough to remind what love is. I don't believe it can go on for ever though...

Ok, here's the deal...

Regarding this whole love/compassion thing that I often talk about, there is absolutely nothing to understand about it, and here's why: if someone was so inclined to think along such lines then they would already understand it and feel it and there would be nothing that requires any further understanding whatsoever.

The state of mind I'm referring to comes directly from a sense of selflessness. Just looking at my hand I can see that it is a part of me and I cherish it for that reason and only that reason. I can say the same about external things and people as well because I do not differentiate so sharply between what is internal and external, me, you, a dog, a tree, the air, the stars... it's all the same shit, all and extension of my "self", all the same energy with the same origins, and I don't feel segregated from the universe, I don't feel like there is some huge divide between me and everything around me.

When I talk about loving everything, I'm talking about a kind of love that is beyond our limited human notions of love/hate, it's not that petty or fleeting or subject to emotion. It's more of a feeling that stems from the fact that reality itself is a part of me and I am a part of reality, it's undeniable, so I see myself wherever I look, in everything thing I see and I have always thought like this since I can remember, even when I was very young and have catholic bullshit rammed down my throat telling me that I was a divided "soul" thing or whatever, a concept I find as mindless and illusory now as I did then, I just didn't have the means of expressing it when I was like 5 years old as I do now.

It basically comes down to your definition of your "self". Are you a lowly human, perpetually held apart against a cold universe, divided, afraid, and egocentric? Or are you inherently part of the universe, part of the continual flux, part of what everything is "doing"? I KNOW I am the latter, it's painfully obvious, so I don't feel that sense of division indicative of the human condition of being a distinct "ego".

Anyway, I've said enough now. Those of you who can understand what I'm talking about here already do, even before I said anything, and those that don't probably will not, so don't waste your time trying, it's not something that can be understood by thinking about it, *thinking* is the very thing which creates the sense of a divided ego in the first place and more thinking will just lead you further away from what I'm trying to express but for which no words exist to define.

I'm willing to field any sincere questions about this, or brutally condescend anyone who would like debate about it in the typical assholish fashion, heheh :loco:

Satori

PS: Sacreliege is an art form, hehe:)

Originally posted by Satori
*thinking* is the very thing which creates the sense of a divided ego in the first place and more thinking will just lead you further away from what I'm trying to express but for which no words exist to define.
ain't this the goddamn truth. :mad:

yeah, i would like to be unburdened, as you seem to be. but i'm not -- while i understand what you're saying and would love to aspire to it, i can't, as you've said.

ok, so here's a question: you said you've been this way as long as you can remember. so your exploration of buddhism, etc, hasn't contributed to this, only complemented it?

Originally posted by Satori

It basically comes down to your definition of your "self". Are you a lowly human, perpetually held apart against a cold universe, divided, afraid, and egocentric? Or are you inherently part of the universe, part of the continual flux, part of what everything is "doing"? I KNOW I am the latter, it's painfully obvious, so I don't feel that sense of division indicative of the human condition of being a distinct "ego".

In tune with ones self is the KEY to ones ability to "blend" in and deal with the world we find ourselves. I didn't choose to be here - I woke up, and here I was. You have choices on how you live your life - you can fight, scratch and claw through life, or you can just wake up and walk into the day.

Fighting it becomes tiresome, and a giagantic waste of energy. I'll give you credit Satori - you've learned this at a younger age than I. I will have a momentary lapse of reasoning, and fall prey to my surroundings, but I find may way back as fast as possible.

I am not working to a point in the future - I am existing, plain and simple. I wake without expectation. I'm not hung up on goals. I have dreams about my future, but they are not controlling. They help me design my day, and make it palletable.

I hope that makes at least a shred of sense.

I have always thought like this since I can remember, even when I was very young and have catholic bullshit rammed down my throat telling me that I was a divided "soul" thing or whatever, a concept I find as mindless and illusory now as I did then, I just didn't have the means of expressing it when I was like 5 years old as I do now.

You go to great lenghts to explain stuff when the fact is that your christian moral system has not changed and you cannot be objective about it no matter what you try: you are indeed Ned Flanders. Do not panic and try to explain cause there is virtually nothing that would make me change my mind this opinion does not comes from that message it comes from all the messages you have posted since october, or well just think of me as the inferior intelectual being who wouldnt understand because no matter how hard you try you wont make me understand, there is nothing to understand there is just stuff to hide behind of, excuses to be told, mocks to be trowed to reafirm yourself, at the end of the day you go to bed thinking pour bitter misanthrope suffers in vain i pity him and i go thinking damn satori is so self absorved and arrogant he will never admit he is just a christian boy who is mad at his god but obeys him nevertheless.

Remember no matter what you say i wont change my mind just like you wont change your mind about me so dont bother but is nice to know...

Originally posted by Lina
ok, so here's a question: you said you've been this way as long as you can remember. so your exploration of buddhism, etc, hasn't contributed to this, only complemented it?

Yes, only complemented. I've always felt and thought like this (and so has my gf for that matter), I just didn't have the means of expressing as I do now.

Satori

Originally posted by metalmancpa
I am not working to a point in the future - I am existing, plain and simple. I wake without expectation. I'm not hung up on goals. I have dreams about my future, but they are not controlling. They help me design my day, and make it palletable.

Exactly.

I hope that makes at least a shred of sense.

It was one of the most sensible things I've ever read! (keeping in mind that I am a freak, of course, heheh:) )

Satori

Your ideology is opposite of mine. And I will explain that ideology.

To put it simple, the universe hates me. It doesn't want me. It never wanted me, and I am not a part of it. It is yin, I am yang, It is matter, I am anti-matter. I live in this world, so I am forced to make the best of my life, in a constant rivalry with people who would love to see me destroyed.

When I look at people I see something cold that doesn't care if I live or die. You say you feel the universe is an extension of yourself, but I feel it as something that wants me dead. That is why feeling compassion for others is a hard thing for me to do, because I resent humanity because humanity resents me.

I was raised in a hate-filled house, and I've been resented and antagonised by nearly everyone I've ever known. However, I'm not ready to sink into a hole of self-pity. I want to make the universe suffer. I want to disapoint it, and the best way to do that is to live a great life and laugh in it's face from inside my expensive apartment. Show the world and humanity that it has no right to hate me and it can't kill me.

Originally posted by Belial
Your ideology is opposite of mine. And I will explain that ideology.

To put it simple, the universe hates me. It doesn't want me. It never wanted me, and I am not a part of it. It is yin, I am yang, It is matter, I am anti-matter. I live in this world, so I am forced to make the best of my life, in a constant rivalry with people who would love to see me destroyed.

When I look at people I see something cold that doesn't care if I live or die. You say you feel the universe is an extension of yourself, but I feel it as something that wants me dead. That is why feeling compassion for others is a hard thing for me to do, because I resent humanity because humanity resents me.

I was raised in a hate-filled house, and I've been resented and antagonised by nearly everyone I've ever known. However, I'm not ready to sink into a hole of self-pity. I want to make the universe suffer. I want to disapoint it, and the best way to do that is to live a great life and laugh in it's face from inside my expensive apartment. Show the world and humanity that it has no right to hate me and it can't kill me.

It truely must suck to be surrounded by negativity. In a general sense - you are right that people don't care about you - isn't humans mottos look out for #1? The fact that your family falls into this, puts you in a place I am not, so how can I possibly give advice without experience?

I agree about saying (and living) with a "well fuck you then" attitude. But I find it hard to believe there is no one anywhere that "cares" about you. If you perceive that, either it is true, or you don't see everything.

It's just too bad that you feel your purpose is to spite those who've hurt you - with that, you become them, and no better than them. Why stoop down to their level? In the end, they'll never bow down anyways. People filled with hate will always find a way to hate - no matter how hard you try to hurt them , they will come back with more {IMO}. Why bother proving anything to this world - it's fucked up anyways. Prove it to yourself - that's all that counts.

Sorry - I always find myself offering up my opinion.

Anyway, I've said enough now. Those of you who can understand what I'm talking about here already do, even before I said anything, and those that don't probably will not, so don't waste your time trying, it's not something that can be understood by thinking about it, *thinking* is the very thing which creates the sense of a divided ego in the first place and more thinking will just lead you further away from what I'm trying to express but for which no words exist to define.

*pats Satori on the back*.....I understand exactly what you are saying, I am the same way. Most of my friends think I take the whole "pacifist" thing too far but that really isn't it. I just hardly ever find myself in a situation too extreme to care enough. Like you said, I do not feel segregated from the universe and contrary to Misanthrope's belief I do not have to feel that way through "Christ":rolleyes:

just remember there's a difference between being aware of issues in the world and somehow being so zen that you're able to not be bothered -- and plain old being oblivious.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
You go to great lenghts to explain stuff when the fact is that your christian moral system has not changed and you cannot be objective about it no matter what you try:

Again, you are showing that you haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about, but then, I expected as much.

I have to admit, this is the first time someone has equated me with christianity, kinda odd considering how deeply anti-christian I am. I guess you don't know about how I've been mocking christianity since I was 12, how I've refused to pretend to go along with it, how I petitioned in my catholic high school to try to make religious classes elective, and how I've spent the last 14 years of my life actively trying to get people to step out of the christian mindset. Now that you know these things, don't you feel silly? hehe

you are indeed Ned Flanders.

..and you are every bit as misinformed as you appear, but then, I'm stating the obvious aren't I.

Do not panic and try to explain

I don't need to "try" to explain, I already have, countless times, and I didn't even have to try, it just flows out of me effortlessly, this being yet another example of that.

cause there is virtually nothing that would make me change my mind

Then it's a good thing that "changing" your mind isn't my objective, though I have a strong suspician that you already have, though, of course, you won't admit it, hehe.

this opinion does not comes from that message it comes from all the messages you have posted since october,

Oh, then you must of read the thread I started called "Jesus loves Satori" in which I wrote a series of short stories involving biblical figures which always ended in the line with them smoking pot and proclaiming "God is a fucking cunt", hehehe. You must of also read many other threads which I've been involved in which I shamelessly and viciously mock and degrade christianity. In fact, of all the people in this forum, I am by FAR the most vocal anti-christian here and I'm sure everyone would agree on that, but then, you already knew that didn't you? Since you have read all this stuff, perhaps you'd like to enlighten us on how you could form such a ridiculous notion about me, we'll be waiting.. :)

or well just think of me as the inferior intelectual being who wouldnt understand because no matter how hard you try you wont make me understand,

Actually, it's not that hard to understand, and I'm positive you already do understand because if you can use a computer and read english then you can understand that I am saying here, it's not rocket science, it's not even the least bit deep.

there is nothing to understand there is just stuff to hide behind

What exactly are you hiding from?

excuses to be told,

Perhaps you'd like to give us an example of an "excuse"? We'll be waiting...

mocks to be trowed to reafirm yourself,

Or, more accurately, mocking done to have a good natured laugh at someone silly enough to suggest that I have anything to do with christianity, heheh.

at the end of the day you go to bed thinking pour bitter misanthrope suffers in vain i pity him

I pity you because you seem so fucking unhappy and because you give the impression that you've had a rough life. I also pity you because you clearly seem to think that violence is "cool" and a good way of dealing with your problems, which is the same line of reasoning the brainwashed Taliban idiots employ every day (and look where it's gotten them).

and i go thinking damn satori is so self absorved and arrogant

Can't say I disagree with that, hahaah. :)

he will never admit he is just a christian boy who is mad at his god but obeys him nevertheless.

Now you are really showing how completely whacky and off-base you really are, and this is by far the funniest thing someone here has ever said to me! In the same spirit of this humour, perhaps you can explain a few things for me:
1. How the biggest anti-christian you've ever met is actually a "christian boy"
2. How I am mad at a god who I firmly believe doesn't exist (I'm atheist)
3. How I "obey" a god who I've spent more than half my life mocking while stoned, hehe.

I know that you can't explain these things, but I'd love to see you try, or at least weasel your way out of explaining or simply neglect to answer entirely (which is exactly what I suspect you will do, hehe). Fuck, this is just too easy!

Remember no matter what you say i wont change my mind just like you wont change your mind about me so dont bother but is nice to know...

I don't think you need to change your mind because the truth about me is so obvious and so apparent that you'd have to have the IQ of toast not see it, and I know that you do, even though you are claiming ignorance in this matter. But I know why you are bullshitting about this, it's cuz you know how deeply anti-christian I am and you are trying to piss me off by equating me with the thing I most dislike. Nice try, but seriously, did you honestly think I'm too stupid to see through your simple little head game? You'd have a much better argument if you claimed I was actually a girl or that I like fucking little boys or something, equating me with christianity is just beyond pathetic and I hope you haven't made yourself look too silly by spewing such nonsense.

But as I said, it was a nice try, but in the future, please try harder, I enjoy a challenge you see and this post was simply too easy for me to completely shread, heheh.

Hail Satan! :)

Satori

Originally posted by dune_666

Satori, how dare you, I thought we shared something special. Now I see you're just a no good two-timer :lol:

What? Who the hell are you? :confused:

And who the hell is he? (points at Misanthrope) :err:

Satori, you cheatin punk. Who've you been sleeping with behind my back!? You my man! Don't make me bitch smack you! :mad:

(crowd starts chanting "Jerry! Jerry!) :hotjump:

:lol: :loco: :lol: