I need some non-screamo metal :(

I've been listening to fuck loads of Amorphis, mostly Silent Waters and Eclipse, the past few days. There's a fair amount of growling but it's still more than 50% clean vocals and amazing.

So, Candlemass use LOTS of growls in your opinion? ;)
Oops. Missed that. Now I feel silly.
Every other band on that list, though.
But Candlemass might be a good rec.

Testament.

any album by them. very manly vocals but not much growling. (except Demonic, but that album kicks ass too)
And the Gathering, which is better afaict.

Running Wild
Ooh good call.
CHAINS! AND LEATHER! FOREVER!

i recommend:
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
female vocals:
Madder Mortem

I fully second these recommendations, especially the latter, as well as Fates Warning and Helstar.

I'd like to add:
Pyschotic Waltz
Toxik

female-fronted:
Atrox (Monika Edardsen-era; especially "Terrestrials" and "Orgasm")
Chastain (first 5 albums, especially "The 7th Of Never", though I'm not sure if the somewhat rough vocals already fall under your definition of growls/screams)
Dreams Of Sanity ("Komödia")
Midnattsol ("Nordlys")
Nemesea (only their debut "Mana", afterwards they turned pop)

Yes! Definitely check out Primordial and Warning...I'd say In The Woods... too but they do have some pretty extreme screaming from time to time

Seeing Ozzman say this (no surprise) made me think to say; we should all pick one band and any time any recommendations are asked for, each of us should only recommend that band, no matter the fit.

Gory Blister
How about Manowar?

Yes! Definitely check out Primordial and Warning...I'd say In The Woods... too but they do have some pretty extreme screaming from time to time
To elaborate on this, this only really counts for HEart of The Ages. Omnio should be perfectly safe. There might be a fewscreams, but nothing extreme, and it's a great album.

Would you consider Death screaming? >.>

Megadeth
Warbringer

Just bands I didn't see mentioned. If you want thrashy listen to Rust in Peace.

Easily manowar, they actully introduced mr to many of the bands here like edguy hammerfall, avantasia also helloween is pretty good and sabaton