I need some Really Good Female-Fronted Metal albums.

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Okay so I think that The Gathering are a good band but this is not really about them. It is not not about them either. How To Measure A Planet is quite something, but it's Mandylion that rules supreme. It sounds like autumn leaves falling through Marshall Staxxx (of Sadness). But to break it down bluntly, it has the following items:

1) stellar female vocals
2) really fuckin' metal riffs

I need some other albums that fall into those two categories. I don't want Arch Enemy, I don't want some nu-metal thing, I want some REAL metal with some GOOD female vocals. It doesn't have to match the majestic death/doom/goth vibes of Mandylion, but that is the high water mark I seek. Or anything along the lines of Acid King, Ludicra, Theatre of Tragedy, Murkrat, etc.

Thank you for your support.

Female-fronted metal bands are so fucking trendy nowadays it's ridiculous. I mostly automatically write em off because of it but this was a good one from last year....

There are a bunch more from over the years but I'm going to bed now. I shall return...

I usually dislike female vocals in metal with a passion but exceptions to this rule usually make for albums that age well. Erik named a few. Messa is also great. In a similar albeit way more downhearted vein I'd like to point you to Fvnerals

@ Doomcifer: That Messa song is great, I dig it.

@ Dreamlord: Thorr's Hammer rule. I haven't spun that in years, did today, love it like always. I guess they have a recent live album, I should scope that out.

@ Erik: Funeral is awesome, exactly what I'm looking for. The others are very good, and I have some Unholy but not that album. I like lady singer's work on Rapture and she does more stuff on Gracefallen it seems, so I just bought the hell out of that.

@ Cig: Most of these examples are more proof that the '90s > everything.

@ Ellestin: This is cool, I like it. Gonna have to play the whole thing later, but after the first 6 minutes I'm in.

@ Sorath: Doesn't need to be Girly Girl vocals, I'm more than fine with lady vokills. Just looking for woman singers in Good bands, because the trend of HOT CHICK + BAD RIFFS is something I dislike. Your examples are great, in particular Ice Age, holy shit. \m/

Damad was a really cool band here from GA. RIP their vocalist though

Absolute fucking beast of a death-doom band

A japanese weirdo blend of power/gothic metal, j-rock, and progressive metal

An absolute favorite from japan; Gallhammer channel some real nasty DarkThrone vibes

I was catching up on this thread a week or so ago, but it was 4am during a bout of insomnia so I have NO IDEA which of the new posts/entries I listened to, but I had a damn fine rockin' time before finally passing out.

Great reference material right here, thanks much y'all.