I need some video games.

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
For PS2 or Gamecube, from 2005, but most preferably from 2006 as I didn't play games that year, and then in 2007 the new generation systems really struck, and I don't plan on getting any for quite some time still. For genres my foremost loves are RPGs, adventures, and horror games. I'm mostly looking for RPG recommendations, except FF12.

God of War 1 & 2 are pretty awesome.

As far as horror check out Resident Evil 0. It's from 2002, but still a great game for the GC.

For PS2 or Gamecube, from 2005, but most preferably from 2006 as I didn't play games that year, and then in 2007 the new generation systems really struck, and I don't plan on getting any for quite some time still. For genres my foremost loves are RPGs, adventures, and horror games. I'm mostly looking for RPG recommendations, except FF12.

fable 2 will probably be amazing when it comes out, as far a RPG's go.

Resident Evil 4
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill: The Room
Devil May Cry 3
God of War and God of War 2

I've heard that the Fatal Frame games are pretty freaky but I have never played them personally to confirm this.

To be honest, I can't think of any RPGs other than the Final Fantasy series. I know you said except FFXII but have you played FFX?

All the games everyone mentioned so far are excellent games. Now, I never pay that much attention the the year a game came out because I never run out and get them until they had been out forever. I'm not planning on getting any new console, part because I do prefer PC games over them, but also I love it when the systems have oodles of games to choose from that appeal to me. I never have enough time to play allot of the games I have either.

The best games I can recommend is anything from the Fatal Frame series. I have not yet played the third game but I have the first for PS2, and the second directors cut for the Xbox. I highly recommend the xbox version of the 2nd because of the first person mode and other goodies. It's better to play in that mode after you beat it because it will up your difficulty considerably. It is a unique survival horror game.

Speaking of different survival horror's Clock Tower 3 was excellent. Not as good as my first mention but definitely worth grabbing.

Yes, It's was an obsession when I was playing it. Especially that second one, the Crimson Butterfly. It was creepy as hell. Probably the only video game to give me nightmares. I dreamed I was walking around the lost village. I can't remember how many are in the first, but supposedly there are 150 ghosts in the second counting both the hostile and non hostile ghosts.

Yes, It's was an obsession when I was playing it. Especially that second one, the Crimson Butterfly. It was creepy as hell. Probably the only video game to give me nightmares. I dreamed I was walking around the lost village. I can't remember how many are in the first, but supposedly there are 150 ghosts in the second counting both the hostile and non hostile ghosts.

Maybe I should have bought those instead of the Half-Life: 2 Orange Box and Dreamfall.

It's funny, Alex bought Half Life 2 when it came out, he and I both have an obsession with the first half life, but I still haven't even sat down in front of it. :( I will someday.

I own allot of games that sit there waiting for me to play. No reason, just lack of time. I did crack open Dreamfall. I having gotten far yet, but I love it.

It's funny, Alex bought Half Life 2 when it came out, he and I both have an obsession with the first half life, but I still haven't even sat down in front of it. :( I will someday.

I own allot of games that sit there waiting for me to play. No reason, just lack of time. I did crack open Dreamfall. I having gotten far yet, but I love it.

I played HL:2 when it first came out but never completed it. I beat it over the weekend and haven't started Ep.1 nor Ep.2 yet, but I will say that HL:2 got better and better as the game went on.

As for Dreamfall, I spent an entire weekend playing that game. I got so wound up in the story that it took me a week or two to recover from being so involved in the game. It loses you like a book does. The game does require thinking and is completely interactive (it IS a game) but it is the story that really draws you in, not the game play. I hope they make a third one some time soon. Also, when I finally get a Pug, I'm going to name it Wonkers.

awwww! I love Wonkers! Why didn't we think of that in the name the kitty thread. Well, a pug puppy would look more like a wonkers. I had typed out where I made it to, but I didn't want to give out any spoilers since this is a good one to get. I got mine on the PC though. Yes, and the longest journey did kick ass. I used to be an adventure game nut, but they just don't make them like this anymore. I wish they would re make Willy Beamish and some of the other greats.

Speaking of the PS2, I have an adventure game called Monkey Island. I forget which one it is since they had been coming out with this one ever since the sega CD, but that one is the best yet.

Final fantasy , god of war , devil may cry 3(special edition) , splinter cell , metal gear solid 3 , dragon ball budokai tenkaichi ... well thats what i play

awwww! I love Wonkers! Why didn't we think of that in the name the kitty thread. Well, a pug puppy would look more like a wonkers. I had typed out where I made it to, but I didn't want to give out any spoilers since this is a good one to get. I got mine on the PC though. Yes, and the longest journey did kick ass. I used to be an adventure game nut, but they just don't make them like this anymore. I wish they would re make Willy Beamish and some of the other greats.

Speaking of the PS2, I have an adventure game called Monkey Island. I forget which one it is since they had been coming out with this one ever since the sega CD, but that one is the best yet.

Yea, unfortunately Dreamfall isn't available for the PS2 or Gamecube, otherwise I would have suggested that one. Wonkers made me sad, he seemed so lonely. :cry:

How far did you make it into the game?

The only RPG's I can stand to play are Legend of Dragoon and FF7. That's pretty much it. Oh, and Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen. That's like a psuedo RPG.

Also Castlevania : Symphony of the Night. EASILY the greatest game to ever grace the Playstation consoles.

Yea, unfortunately Dreamfall isn't available for the PS2 or Gamecube, otherwise I would have suggested that one. Wonkers made me sad, he seemed so lonely. :cry:

How far did you make it into the game?

I made it to Japan where I'm going down this circular hallway easily avoiding this slow spider bot. :lol: I have a feeling it's not going to be any easier from here.