i now have all the songs on STYE

Haha, now I will admit that this album is probably better than R2R, but is it just me or does "Evil in a Closet" have a really cheesy 80's power ballad type feeling to it? It reminds me of "Say Goodbye to Love" by Steel. Or... Bon Jovi. Haha. Oh well.

I'm not wishing for them to return to old ground but I feel that some of the songs lack the hooks and overall impact the band used to be so good at. Maybe it's the lack of lead harmonies but I think it's a good album rather than essential. Well whatever - a good In Flames album is still better than most.

I like how most of the songs connect. Makes it sound a bit like a concept album.

I like the electronics in this as opposed to the downright annoying electronics of R2R.

Anders clean sings better. He practiced it for Passanger.

More flat out death growls.

Lyrics are far away from nu metal territory.

Jesper and Bjorn write some memorable rifts this time around, but the focus this time is on the overall atmosphere of the album, which is a first.

Real thrashy numbers? Not much to speak of. Disappointment there, but not much.

Songs are catchy, but not in the R2R way, but instead the atmoshpere of it all just makes things memorable.

Overall, though, this has to be one of my favorite albums In Flames has done so far. For me personally it ranks right below Colony, Jester Race, and Lunar Strain. 8.5/10.

I hearded a couple of songs and I admiit they are good..I dont want to hear all of them before the album comes out...so I just cant wait...but this is a good album : )

No way with that laundry list up there.

There are less leads and solos in this album than in R2R, but I think i like the feel of STYE better. The agression is back, but the leads/harmonies/solos are NOT. This is not a guitar centric album, it is an anders-centric album.

And if you think evil in a close is on par with Jester Scripts Transfigured you're up in the clouds! It's a good song, but not even close to the epic feeling of JST.. doesn't have the melodies, emotion or classic feel. JST is one if In Flames' best songs..

Moron? Hey fuckface, Jesper might write the songs but it doesn't mean he's happy with the direction the band is going. Take a look at Anders' side project and Jesper's and tell me who has more influence on IF's new sound?

You think Jesper is happy playing mindless simple shit ? He looks bored as fuck on stage. I've been on these boards longer than you, so don't talk shit.

lostho stfu fagget. I';ve heard 5 songs from the album. Their fucking great. In flames is jespers band you dumb bitch. Hes writing the music. You got a problem with it? Take it up with him! Everyone and their mother is a music critic nowadays. You dont like it? Fuck off and go listen to emo!

Hey, allwithinmydick, go blow me! Stop being a zombie fan you fuck.. we all know jesper writes the music but i know the difference between the old in flames and the new. I have the whole fukcing album, listened to it tons, and while it's not bad, it doesn't have shit on the old stuff.

lostpro has been on UM since the original in flames forum was here. and im going with him on this, this album is focused around anders, and if youre gonna be a fanboy and bitch jesper writes the music its around him, go to hell, because if you even read interviews anders states clearly the moved out the guitar melodies for the vocal melodies.
but none the less, this is a good cd, because they increased the guitar harmonies, but i wisht hey would decrease the vocal harmonies because they cant be duplicated on stage like the guitars can.

lostpro, my friend let me tell you something. If Jesper doesn't like the direction IF are going he would:

A) leave the band
B) kick Anders out of the band
C) put IF on the right road

*choose one from above*

Now, if an individual isn't happy with what he's doing, and has options to change it, he would. Jesper is not a moron, you know...?

Nifelheim said:
lostpro, my friend let me tell you something. If Jesper doesn't like the direction IF are going he would:

A) leave the band
B) kick Anders out of the band
C) put IF on the right road

*choose one from above*

Now, if an individual isn't happy with what he's doing, and has options to change it, he would. Jesper is not a moron, you know...?

Well said.

well then theres also the possiblity jesper is just staying with in flames because it is actually becoming quite lucrative. i do doubt jesper is bored with the band because the music is actually regaining some of the older elements. and everytime ive seen jesper on stage, he looks pretty happy, but as i said in my earlier post, lostpro is right about this album still being focused on anders