After the release of STYE, will anyone be going to anymore In Flames shows?

I for one will keep going to the shows every single time. Ripping In Flames has become the trendy thing to do nowadays, as apparent by the endless amounts of bitching on messageboards for them to go back to the old days.

Bands evolve. Edge of Sanity evolved into a more prog flavored band. Dark Tranquillity went headfirst into electronics, and Opeth have refined their songwriting well beyond what orchid was.

The point is bands change. In Flames has changed. R2R was a transition album into something else. People get scared when their favorite bands attract fans all of a sudden. I saw them in 2000, half empty show, kicked ass. Saw them in 2003 on their R2R tour, packed house, sold out show and kicked just as much ass.

Everyone has an opinion on this band for some reason and the ones that hate them are the most vocal. In Flames continue to put out music regardless, and the new album I thought was rather impressive. So I'll see them live regardless if they play nothing but R2R, Clayman, and STYE stuff, although I will indeed miss the old stuff. If you feel nostalgic for the "good old days", throw in a bootleg.

SunlapseVertigo said:
its that riff, man, the riff. Jotun was the first song i ever heard by them, and i don't think i checked out another song by them the whole rest of the day because i was constantly playing that song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. in my opinion, Jotun is the catchiest song I have ever heard.
Funny... Somewhat the same happened to me too. Jotun was the first song I heard from In Flames and the first song of that type of music. And I immediately fell in love with it. Great song

The will always play Behind Space. They'll probably also play Clad In Shadows and/or Moonshield and/or Gyroscope. It's pretty much a given they'll also play Episode 666, and they seem to be pretty happy with Coerced Coexistance live now, and most likely Colony. Chance of Embody The Invisible and/or Ordinary Story. You'll hear at least 2/3 of the first 3 tracks of clayman, a chance of clayman or swim. Cloud Connected will stick as the opener, they'll play Trigger, but they'll cut the songs from RTR that aren't great.
It'll still be a good live show.

Colony isn't even that great of a closer IMO, they need to change it up for the next tour. Anders sais there will be some rotation so maybe that means we'll get some fresh songs instead of the same set theyve been playing since the Clayman tour (save the R2R additions).

I'd also expect a song from STYE to be the opener, possibly TQP, maybe even F(r)iend. At any rate, Bullet Ride will remain the ultimate opener :kickass:

Final_Vision said:
Colony isn't even that great of a closer IMO, they need to change it up for the next tour.
Yeah man I agree! I used to think it fit really well back before RtR, but after the last few shows I dunno.. it just doesn't flow like it used to imo. I thought it would've been better had they just ended it with Black & White. With STYE out now, I'm not really sure what would be best, we'll have to wait and see :D

Final_Vision said:
Colony isn't even that great of a closer IMO, they need to change it up for the next tour. Anders sais there will be some rotation so maybe that means we'll get some fresh songs instead of the same set theyve been playing since the Clayman tour (save the R2R additions).

I'd also expect a song from STYE to be the opener, possibly TQP, maybe even F(r)iend. At any rate, Bullet Ride will remain the ultimate opener :kickass:
Graveland was better!
Maybe they'll use Episode 666 as a closer again.

Also, for a while they'll play more songs from STYE, but look at the last tour. They played Moonshield and Clad In Shadows again, not to mention Coerced Coexistance.

Daybreaker said:
Alot of In Flames' lyrics have been deep and thoughtful and even personal in the past. They have just regressed now to catering for the Hot Topic crowd that will go, "Hey! I have problems too! My mom only bought me 9 pairs of size 76 cargo pants and they only had 20 zippered pockets, not 25. Man fuck her and her opressive rule. (walks into Hot Topic blasting Korn or Staind or SlipBizkit on his 200 dollar discman. As he enters The Quiet Place is being played over the sound system) Heyyyy what are they playing over the speakers? Sounds intense, sounds like he must like Jonathan Davis and I love those riffs!. Oooohhh my head is my quiet placetoo, where I go to escape the evil tyranny of the world, let me check this out! hooray!"
And so In Flames has another fan ensnared in their new target audience.
Ben

Yeah last time I listened to In Flames they sure sounded alot like Korn, and had a little Slipknot influence in there too!

Stereotypes get you nowhere pal and your opinion is noted, now get the fuck off this message board and rid us of your gayiety.

And if you have anything more to add, take it up with me next time In Flames tours St.Louis.