I think I found "THE" reverb for me. FREE!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
So after watching Pensado's top 5 things he does and finding out that he uses the Bricasti M7 reverb I started thinking about IR's. Well I found free ones and also two threads in here that didn't really give these enough attention.

So get them for FREE: http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

I dunno if this is the honeymoon phase but usually when I use reverb I end up wanting less of them because they smear everything up but with these impulses I feel like turning it up to make the songs sound better. Definitely the best reverb IR's I've tried yet so check them out.

Here's a short drum clip I made using these:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes... most of the time... this forum makes me wonder why people even try to post something informative here. Seems like everyone wants to make every thread about themselves.. but that's social media for you. Everyone wants to be someone special and no one actually reads people's posts since only 5% are on topic. I'm not saying that I deserve some kind of special attention here but I try to post stuff that not everyone has seen and many people can actually benefit from instead of 90% of threads where people are asking for help that gives benefit to only one person.

And also I don't get the condescending remarks on this forum. Is this the highest form of social media entertainment now? It's almost like some guys act cool or something even though metal stopped being cool like 20 years ago.

I'm not sure why you're upset but these came out in 2009 and have been discussed often over the last 4 years:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/496933-free-bricasti-m7-irs.html
I've A/B'd the IR's with the unit and it (somewhat remarkably) sounds even better.

Nothing against you man! I know they're old and forgotten. I just tried them and immediately liked them a lot more than anything people were recommending in the "favorite reverb thread". Ofcourse they're not as good as the real thing! But they're free and not 4k€.

Merely tired of Matt and Öwen. :D And I'm not upset... I don't get insulted on the internet. I just don't understand why Matt's answer to everything is "meh" and the other guy is straight up trolling. Why try? :zzz:

Yeah they are awesome.
Large wooden room is one of my favs, iirc

You could have bumped the original thread tho, without making a new one I guess

Yeah they are awesome.
Large wooden room is one of my favs, iirc

You could have bumped the original thread tho, without making a new one I guess

I actually thought about that but then again... I thought I was more likely to get bashed for resurrecting an old thread. :D

I recently went back and found them to sound better than even the best software reverbs I've been using. Really disappointing, considering how expensive the Lexicon Native library is!

Yeah it's weird. I don't even want to start counting all the money I put on reverbs... well luckily I got most of them in bundles but still feels weird using a free reverb when you've bought something worth a lot like Waves plugins f.ex.

Haha.. had to quote you from 4 years back:

C'mon guys, you load up 'rate my shitty Revalver tone' threads with hundreds of posts, yet a thread with FREE impulses of one of the finest hardware reverb processors on the market gets 4 posts!?

I wonder about you folks sometimes... (not referring to anyone in this thread)

Hey I'm moving to Australia in a week!! :)

Very nice. Does anyone know which format I should download?

The only convolution reverb I own is Native Instrument's Reflektor, and the manual doesn't specify samplerates/bit depths. (I can't say I've used it much either, since it's in Guitar Rig).

Sounds nice on the drums, I like it :)

I like the large wooden room IR with a shortened tail on drums..

What IR did you use on these drums?

I've been using these for years, they are awesome. They're great for giving "space" in a mix rather than a reverb "effect", which is kinda what you want most of the time!

I recently went back and found them to sound better than even the best software reverbs I've been using. Really disappointing, considering how expensive the Lexicon Native library is!

Have you tried ValhallaRoom or his newest Vintage reverb?