Iced Earth Set List Wish List

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I am hoping maybe Jon will notice this thread sometime when he is relaxing and take notice of what songs the FANS would really like to hear Matt and the rest of the crew play.

Personally if I can hear "Travel in Stygian" and "When The Night Falls" I might be able to die happy. I would also be interested in seeing "Gettysburg" with Matt.

I have a feeling that it's going to be similar to Alive in Athens/Horror Show tours, with all of the standard and popular songs from the past eras of the band.

Personally, I want to see these "classic" songs, which aren't much of a stretch since they're commonly played:

Pure Evil
Travel in Stygian
The Hunter
Jack
Last December
The Last Laugh
The Coming Curse

I'd love to see Matt do Gettysburg, which is my all time favorite piece of music, or a few of the other TGB/FA tracks like:

The Reckoning
Atilla
Waterloo
Ten Thousand Strong
The Clouding
Setian Massacre

I wonder if IE w/ Matt will do Ripper era.
I think they will.

I think the last time they played "Travel" was on the 1st leg of HORROR SHOW when they supported Megadeth.

I am sure all the live standards like Dracula, Watching Over Me, Burning Times, Wicked Trilogy, Melancholy, Vengence Is Mine, etc will be there.

From Glorious Burden, I predict Declaration Day and When The Eagle Cries, as I could see Matt relating to those on a personal level. I could personally do without the Gettysburg thing. Fine to listen to, was a little drawn out live, IMHO.

I want to hear the Something Wicked Trilogy as it is on the SWTWC album. No bongos please.

My wishlist:
Pure Evil
Travel in Stygian
Slave to the dark
A question of heaven - I will cry tears of joy if they play this song.
Angel's Holocaust
Wolf
Damien
Violate
When the night falls
I died for you

The Last Laugh
Dark Saga
Wolf
Dragons Child
Diary
Burnt Offerings

I would be happy with any of these making the list

When the Night Falls
Winter Nights
Desert Rain
The Path I Choose
Mystical End
Pure Evil
Angel's Holocaust/Stormrider
Travel in Stygian
Burnt Offerings
Last December
Diary
Brainwashed
Burning Oasis
Creator Failure
Dante's Inferno
Dark Saga
The Hunter
Vengeance is Mine
Depths of Hell
A Question of Heaven
Burning Times
Something Wicked Trilogy (any)
Wolf
Dracula
Declaration Day
Valley Forge
Gettysburg Trilogy (any - preferably all)
Ten Thousand Strong
The Clouding
The Domino Decree
Framing Armageddon
When Stars Collide

A setlist made up entirely of the songs listed above (obviously not all), would probably be the best IE concert ever.

Jason

Having seen Iced Earth probably more than anybody around here except maybe Neil I can say they tend to usually keep things fairly consistent, my guess is the set will be something on the lines of....

Iced Earth (closer)
Angels Holocaust/Stormrider
Travel in Stygian
Last December
Dark Saga
I Died For You
Slave to the Dark/Question of Heaven
Burning Times (my guess for the opening tune)
Melancholy
Wathching Over Me
Something Wicked Trilogy
Dracula

I'd guess a few Tim Owens era songs will be in there as well. I'm guessing these will be the most likely canidates:

Decloration Day
When the Eagle Cries
The Reckoning
A Charge To keep
10,000 Strong
The Clouding

Probably a longer set than what they will actually play since most of their shows tend to hit the 90-100 minute mark but who knows. I'd love to see them throw Dantes Inferno in there or even hear Matt do Gettysburg but I doubt either will happen due to the length.

I'd love to see them throw Dantes Inferno in there or even hear Matt do Gettysburg but I doubt either will happen due to the length.

Well there's a simple and obvious solution to that: skip all the ones we've seen a dozen times, and just do this:

When The Night Falls
Travel In Stygian
Dante's Inferno
A Question of Heaven
The Coming Curse
The Phantom Opera Ghost
High Water Mark
The Clouding (since maybe we have to wait for Pt.II for the album-ending epic?)
================
Iced Earth

That's about 90 minutes.

Matt's first show back, a new bass player, a guitarist who has hardly played any of those songs...no problem, right? :loco:

Ok, back to reality...

I'm a bit torn of what I'd like to see. On the one hand, since I've seen "the classics" performed so many times, it would be cool to see a lot of stuff from 'The Glorious Burden' and 'Framing Armageddon' (or even Pt.II). But on the other hand, maybe that stuff just wouldn't be that good live, so I could also see myself getting excited for a "nostalgia show", where it would be like going straight back to 1998. Because heck, although the Pearl Room is far bigger than Smiler Coogan's, it's got that indie feel, and is probably going to be the smallest stage they've played on in a long time.

Neil

I know we all have a "wish list"
Keep in mind that Barlow has been away for 4 years.

I would guess that the majority of the set will be the IE standards they played on the wicked and Horror Show tours. (and some Ripper era stuff added in).

Sure, they might pull out a couple rare tracks, but I wouldn't expect half the set to be from Iced Earth through Burnt Offerings...