Iced Earth Vs. Megadeth

Megadeth Vs. Iced Earth

• Megadeth

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Iced Earth

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Iced Earth, by a longshot. Out of the few Megadeth albums I've heard, the only songs I ever really got into were Hangar 18 and Mechanix. Not overly impressive.

Not to mention, Something Wicked This Way Comes is one of the best albums ever. :p

Iced Earth if I have only those two bands as an option...Both are basically a revolving door band...
Iced Earth has been more consistent over the years with quality music than Megadeth...
After all they're aren't responsible for Risk or World Needs A Hero. It's rather interesting that they both have a bass player in common who basically got fucked by both Dave and Jon..

Agreed, but I have to chalk that up to the lineup on Horror Show. Barlow, DiGiorgio, and Christy are an insane combination.
Excellent point. I'm a huge fan of Mr. Christie's drum work. I also think that any singer other than Matt Barlow would fuck that song up hugely. The pounding double-bass, the cool leads, the hauntingly cool vocals and harmonied barrage of constant Schaffer galloping turned me into a fan.

Iced Earth has better vocalists and occasionally more atmosphere to some of their songs. That's about it.
Megadeth has way more variety and more importantly I challenge anyone to present a single Iced Earth riff which is actually interesting. Megadeth has riffage in spades. Even in songs I don't like so much like "Tornado Of Souls" the guitar work leaves anything Iced Earth will ever do for dead.

Iced Earth is the kind of band you throw on when you want to get lost in the brutality and not think too much. Megadeth is what you throw on when your brain cells are still functioning.

Rust , is my fav album of all time, but now that Mustaine is god squad and the remasters (Technically remixes) sucked so bad I despise Mustaine and Megadeth. IE were awesome up until TGB when Schaffer wrote some of the most cringeworthy, hawkish bullshit lyrics. Same thing-- both bands were fucking awesome and now they suck. Considering they feature some of my fav musicians of all time- Owens, Barlow, Christy, Freidman, I find it hard to dislike them,!

I cant stand politics and music and seems Megadeth is just that sometimes.... so I guess Iced Earth

I learnt to forget that once I decided that Megadeth lyrics are largely crap.

Still, I'd say that Holy Wars murders Iced Earth by itself.

I love the Iced Earth tune Damein Megadeth has some killer tunes too... but you can keep all that forclosuer of a dream crap