Iced Earth Vs. Megadeth

Megadeth Vs. Iced Earth

• Megadeth

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Iced Earth

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That may be. I don't really listen to them; I was commenting more on their style than how solid they were as songwriters. Nirvana have an emotional darkness to their sound which I thought was somewhat reflected in the Megadeth song.

And who's to say grunge wasn't an influence on Megadeth during that period? They were sounding pretty mainstream around then.

Sorry, I only read the last couple of posts in this thread and responded to them.
You DID say you spoke highly of Nirvana though, but if you dont really listen to them, why speak highly of them? ;)

And BTW, Megadeth blow away IE. "Something Wicked" is the only great IE album, the debut was decent.
Even though Ripper Owens is my favourite vocalist of recent years, the two albums he did with them sucked as well.

You DID say you spoke highly of Nirvana though, but if you dont really listen to them, why speak highly of them? ;)

I was really just using them as a convenient point of analogy, and never really expected that my mention of them would have led to this much discussion.

I was really just using them as a convenient point of analogy, and never really expected that my mention of them would have led to this much discussion.
Well that was rather naive. It's like mentioning paedophiles at a baby shower or pork and good hygeine at Ramadan.

I was listening to "Night of the Stormrider" again for the first time in a looooong time last night as a result of this discussion and thought the vocalist for that album sounds a hell of a lot like Ripper at times. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just because everything in Australia runs backwards?