If I had a time machine.....

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, here's something I have been thinking about for a thread topic..

Let's all post some shows you have missed (either because you weren't into the band at the time, or simply missed due to inabilty to go, etc) throughout the years......

If you can, maybe beef it up with a flyer, pic, what not......

If I had a time machine, I would attend THIS show:
savatage1.jpg

Never saw Randy Rhoads, as I was like 2 yrs old when he died. That would have been cool. Really, there are a million dead rock stars I wish I could have seen.
But for me, the ultimate would be to go to Woodstock. I know, not Metal, but still, that would have been an experience.
I am reaching for the stars, Bob!

what features does this time machine have? can it travel to other countries? how many times can it go back? will I return to present times? If I run into myself by accident will it cause a ripple in time?

what features does this time machine have? can it travel to other countries? how many times can it go back? will I return to present times? If I run into myself by accident will it cause a ripple in time?

All good questions!!!!!
I guess my initial focus was primarily shows from your general vicinity, though that can certainly be extended to out of town gigs / festivals / etc.....

Here is a show that i DID almost go to, but tickets for OZZY / ANTHRAX were going on sale the next morning, so we opted for camping out for tickets instead. You young mother truckers will never experience camping out for tickets with your fancy interwebs..............

Flyer_08.jpg

How about this bad boy???
This flyer was on my bedroom wall throughout all of Jr High and High School.
I wasn't there, but glad I kept the flyer all these years.
15546_1170852627856_1124211850_30456604_3199748_n.jpg

Good call.
I would love to have witnessed the BLACK AND BLUE tour with BLACK SABBATH / BLUE OYSTER CULT, which happened in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom.
When I have more time, I am going to give this thread the attention it deserves. I am sure I can come up with TONS of shows throughout the years I know I missed.

Good call.
I would love to have witnessed the BLACK AND BLUE tour with BLACK SABBATH / BLUE OYSTER CULT, which happened in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom.

This. I would love to have seen that.

Others off the top of my head...
- Helloween w/Kiske regardless of the tour.

- While I saw Roger Waters do the Wall, I would have loved to have seen the Wall 1980 tour with all of Pink Floyd present.

- Yeah, I know it wasn't that long ago but the Iced Earth tour with Ripper on vocals. I didn't get into the band until a year or so after this tour.

- Any headline shows for the original incarnation of Black Sabbath through the Sabotage album cycle.

- Dio. While I saw him with Heaven and Hell, I never got a chance to see him do his solo stuff. Hell, if I could've seen him with Rainbow, that would be rad too.

That's enough for now. And yes, I'm too lazy to look up the posters.

- Dio. While I saw him with Heaven and Hell, I never got a chance to see him do his solo stuff. Hell, if I could've seen him with Rainbow, that would be rad too.

I agree with this one. I saw Ronnie with Heaven and Hell, and it was amazing, but I wish I had gotten a chance to see Dio live himself with his solo band (with either Doug or Craig on guitar).

these ones I was going to go to but was lazy and didnt...now I really regret it....you kids all learn my hard lesson.

Sept 27 2005 - Chicago, IL - Cafe Lura -

Sabbat (Japan)
Desceased
Destructor
Usurper
The Chasm
Malas
Ares Kingdom

another I was going to go to but skipped it because I didnt want to come home late and deal with parking.

June 27th and 28th - Classic Metal Fest Chicago - Oasis One-Sixty in Chicago Heights, IL

Iron Cross (FL)
Twisted Tower Dire
Nasty Savage
Meliah Rage
Metalucifer
plus tons of other locals and bands from around the area

one show not in the Chicagoland area that I would love to have seen is...
I have it on DVD but it what a line up.

Keep It True X 2008

Heathen
Razor
Doomsword
Cage
Pharoh
Metal Inquistitor
Demon Eyes
Merciless Death
Battle Ram
Omen
Cresant Shield
also Helstar, Jag Panzer, Attacker, Manilla Road

Keep It True X 2008

Heathen
Razor
Doomsword
Cage
Pharoh
Metal Inquistitor
Demon Eyes
Merciless Death
Battle Ram
Omen
Cresant Shield
also Helstar, Jag Panzer, Attacker, Manilla Road

I could attend THAT show and seriously not go to anymore for 5 years and still be a VERY content metalhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how you make Manilla Road look like they opened that thing.......
JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickled: