If I like [BLANK], then what else should I be listening to?

phyre said:
Fine comparison by me as I didn't like "A Predator's Portrait"... :p

LOL!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I will say that everyone I have spoken to that likes Soilwork, seem to consider "A Predator's Portrait" to be their best, and it was also a unique sort of "transitional" album for them from their older to newer style, and a perfect blend of both, at least for me and several others I've spoken to. But of course everyone will not feel the same way. Definitely got me to laugh thouh. :)

One thing about 'Anthems...' and 'A Predator's Portrait' I think both have in common (while certainly not their music), is the fact that both albums sound unlike any other the respective band put out and at the very least are comparable from that perspective.

Hey Erik - Predators Portrait 'aint that bad man. If you read the lyrics, the concept of it is pretty good. It's got a good storyline.

Haven't got round to 'Anthems...' yet - been listening to Brave Murder Day and Best of the B-Sides by IM. I tell you what, I've always said that I prefer Di'Anno when they do the real old stuff, but hearing Bruce sing Remember Tomorrow at the Reading Festival in 1982 is incredible. His voice was like silk back then.

*EDIT* This was Bruces first performance in 1981 in Italy. :)

Anyone recommend some good old school Thrash? You know my favourites - debut albums by Slayer, Anthrax and Vio-Lence. Shit like that :)

Aye, but I ducked out cos most of it went over my head -_- I'll look back into it tomorrow :)

I'm still trying to download Violent Revolution by Kreator ;) Kazaa severely does not like that song!

Ayeka said:
Aye, but I ducked out cos most of it went over my head -_- I'll look back into it tomorrow :)

If you don't ask, you don't get. :)

I'm still trying to download Violent Revolution by Kreator ;) Kazaa severely does not like that song!

What the...? *sigh* PM me your home address, and a CD-R will somehow magically make its way to you. Don't let your Motley Crue and Dokken get in the way of listening to it though. :D

Bippity boppity boo-ump.

If like Tiamat - Wildhoney, what else would / should I enjoy?

HEE HEE

You've opened up the can o' Tiamat right in front of my eyes!

Tiamat "A Deeper Kind of Slumber" and "Clouds" first and foremost
then maybe The Gathering's "Mandylion" and/or "Nighttime Birds"
and probably Pink Floyd, but I wouldn't know.

Cool, thanks. I wasn't sure which other Tiamat albums to pick up, reading your reviews last night lead me to believe most of their material isn't quite the same as Wildhoney (although I'd probably like it anyhow, heh).

Oh and I've got loads of Pink Floyd already. ;)

Tiamat from "Sumerian Cry" up to and including "A Deeper Kind of Slumber" is excellent. "ADKoS" is absolutely transcendental in nature and basically fucking roxx0rs my soxx0rs. I bought it in 1998 or something and I haven't even nearly grown tired of it. One of the most important albums ever to me... It is not metal. Don't expect metal and you'll be rewarded with some of the finest music I've ever heard. Just trust me. If you're only ever going to get one album by my recommendation, get this one.

This review is right on target.

Well your last suggestion to me was Helheim, which I cannot put down, so A Deeper Kind of Slumber is on the list. Definitely sounds like my thing judging by that review anyhow.