If I like [BLANK], then what else should I be listening to?

I'll let you know, I just checked out the tracklist this morning and noticed what the first track was. :loco:

Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

So last night I finally realized how incredibly awesome this album is in its awesome incredibleness. What else should I have?

Gah, two Amorphis recommendations I received here and I still bought the wrong one. Balls.

NAD said:
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

So last night I finally realized how incredibly awesome this album is in its awesome incredibleness. What else should I have?

Gah, two Amorphis recommendations I received here and I still bought the wrong one. Balls.
People will say Rapture when you mention BMD era Katatonia but i disagree with that. I personally would recommend Swallow the Sun "The Morning Never Came"
or October Tide "Rain Without End". There was another band but i forgot for now.

Edit: Swallow the Sun though is a bit more doomier though.
Edit #2: Remembered the band, Daylight Dies "No Reply"

Cathedral's Forest of Equilibrium

It's already becoming one of my favorite metal albums in the Doom metal genre. I want hear more doom metal in the vain of this.

Actually i've listened to a few funeral doom(Skepticism and Hierophant to name to few), so yeah i'd appreciate if you could recommend me some good funeral doom.

Cheers for those recommendations. I'll shall check them out.

Also i'm looking for Death/Doom, something similar to that of Autopsy's Mental Funeral and Obituary's Cause of Death.

I only realised recently how amazing Strormcrowfleet was. I'm still finding Farmakon quite a difficult listen though, and I don't like it as much as my other Skepticism CD's. Has anyone else found that? I'm sure I just need to listen to it more, but it's hard work some of the time with stuff like that :erk:

But yeah, you should check out Stormcrowfleet Under a Stone.

Erik said:
I'd say Rapture when you mention BMD era Katatonia. "Songs for the Withering" especially.
Yes. Really accessible stuff, which I like if I'm not sure what kind of mood I'm in.

October Tide, both albums, but you will hate "Rain Without End" because it will cost you $50+ on jewGay.
Yes. Must listen to that CD-R you burned me more often. It's rude of me not to. :oops:

You also need Daylight Dies, yes.
Yes. I prefer "No Reply".

Yes.PARADISE LOST "GOTHIC" without doubt
No. I know, I know, I'm gay etc, but seriously, of all the "Peaceville Three" initial releases, this is the one I like the least.

Under a Stone said:
Also i'm looking for Death/Doom, something similar to that of Autopsy's Mental Funeral and Obituary's Cause of Death.
Check out Asphyx's "The Rack" or their self-titled album.

As far as funeral doom, Until Death Overtakes Me - Prelude to Monolith is becoming one of my favorites.

I did not like Paradise Lost's "Gothic" that much at all.

If you're going to get Daylight Dies, get "Idle" over "No Reply", which is merely melo-death played a bit slower.

No Reply is melo-death at a doomier speed. DOn't tell me it's not. I remember listening to No Reply, and then wondering when Relapse jumped on the melo-death trend.

Under a Stone said:
I downloaded The Rack and i love it. I need to hear the S/T though.
Word to the wise, DO NOT buy the crappy re-release that Century Greedia released about a year ago. It supposedly has some cheapie, photo-copied looking booklet, and I think they fucked with the sound on the CD as well. Find one of the originals. eBay might be your only choice, but I don't think Asphyx goes for that much.

If you like The Rack, the self-titled, and Last One on Earth are good choices as well.

Embrace the Death shares a bunch of the same songs as The Rack, because it's Asphyx's original demo on CD, with the songs sounding as they were meant to sound (as the band says in the booklet).

Soulburn's "Feeding on Angels" would be another good one. Soulburn is merely the 3 members of Asphyx under a different moniker, playing the same style of music. I actually prefer this one over a few Asphyx albums.

Erik said:
If "No Reply" is melodeath then "Idle" is melodeath to an even greater extent. There was no substantial style change between the releases, except that "No Reply" is a tad more technical and has more coherent songs (better songwriting.)

OH BTW: I disagree, that's some of the most retarded shit I've ever heard. If you put "No Reply" in the same category as In Flames I don't think I'm going to listen to anything you say about music ever again. Have you listened to the whole album? Yes? More than once? Did you pay attention?
Idle reminded me of BMD. No Reply reminded me of a slow Dark Tranquillity.

Yes, I listened to it twice. :D

J. said:
Word to the wise, DO NOT buy the crappy re-release that Century Greedia released about a year ago. It supposedly has some cheapie, photo-copied looking booklet, and I think they fucked with the sound on the CD as well. Find one of the originals. eBay might be your only choice, but I don't think Asphyx goes for that much.

If you like The Rack, the self-titled, and Last One on Earth are good choices as well.

Embrace the Death shares a bunch of the same songs as The Rack, because it's Asphyx's original demo on CD, with the songs sounding as they were meant to sound (as the band says in the booklet).

What makes you think i would ever purchase a shitty re-issue from Century Greedia or (in Erik's words)Jewclear Blast? ;) But i'll take heed your warning.

I also think there's no real difference between the two Daylight Dies releases besides No Reply being the full-length and some noticeable progression, both are highly recommended to Katatonia fans...and someone needs to release the October Tide albums...