If Mort Divine ruled the world

Come to me when those are on the level of gender dysphoria.

But its weird how you use your own dissatisfaction with your life to compare to what trans people go through. Get over yourself.

Even so, body dysmorphia is real though so...?

Isn't that part of the problem with this mindset? You trivialize one person's problems with being bald, fat, hairy etc but one can't say the same about a transsexual.

Even if the evidence wasn't out there that transition surgery does not "fix" the suicide/killing problem, you're (the government) is demanding private corporations to pay for things that they really shouldn't have an interest in. It's going to systematically discriminate against the hiring of trans people because they now can get it for free (subsidized). This problem happens with women, as I understand, in the developed EU countries. More benefits for women has translated into a lower amount of hiring in higher up positions, because the government has decided they can get more benefits than their male colleagues.

I don't understand how it's not a cosmetic surgery though. Caitlyn gets her jaw 'fixed' and given bigger breasts, to me that is entirely cosmetic.

The evidence shows that trans people after SRS still are more likely to be suicidal - compared to the general population. However, it largely is effective at reduction of suicidal ideation within the trans community.

" It's a forced cost placed on non-trans to pay for trans things. At gunpoint."

Its a forced cost placed on non-cancer patients to pay for cancer things
diabetics
crippled veterans
etc.

Fact is we pay for medical care for all kinds of people and no one says a word - but suddenly its for trans people and it is a problem.

Fuck off.

The evidence shows that trans people after SRS still are more likely to be suicidal - compared to the general population. However, it largely is effective at reduction of suicidal ideation within the trans community.

" It's a forced cost placed on non-trans to pay for trans things. At gunpoint."

Its a forced cost placed on non-cancer patients to pay for cancer things
diabetics
crippled veterans
etc.

Fact is we pay for medical care for all kinds of people and no one says a word - but suddenly its for trans people and it is a problem.

Fuck off.

No you fuck off for comparing trans issues to cancer. Not even close to the same thing. You won't die if you don't get breast implants. In fact HBB's link shows you're more likely to die if you Do get the implants.

Reactions: The Butt
Well that's a lie. There was a large outcry when obesity was considered a disease by the AMA and the added costs for women in Obamacare.

Are you really going to compare someone who served your country and got permanently injured doing it and someone who has life threatening disease with person that "has higher chance to commit suicide"?

Are really only world problems you see connected to sexuality and trans people?

Reactions: Onder
No you fuck off for comparing trans issues to cancer. Not even close to the same thing. You won't die if you don't get breast implants. In fact HBB's link shows you're more likely to die if you Do get the implants.

If gender dysphoria is not treated, yes, often times they will die. Trans people are at an significantly higher risk for suicide than the general population and while treating it through SRS and HRT does not bring them to the level of the general population in terms of risk it is lowered drastically.

Show evidence that gender reassignment reduces suicide rates among trans people. If you were saying psychological services to address the issue of depression/suicide should be funded, that would be a different matter.

I'm totally in support of transgender people being allowed to have affordable acceas to insurance that will cover procedures that will help them. Basic sexual reassignment surgeries and hormone replacement therapy aren't strictly cosmetic procedures.

I'm never surprised that almost anything that benefits anyone other than heterosexual men is universally disliked on this site.

I'm totally in support of transgender people being allowed to have affordable acceas to insurance that will cover procedures that will help them. Basic sexual reassignment surgeries and hormone replacement therapy aren't strictly cosmetic procedures.

I'm never surprised that almost anything that benefits anyone other than heterosexual men is universally disliked on this site.

Cancer literally only affects white cishet men. True fact.

It takes a stupendous amount of ignorance to seriously compare cosmetic dissatisfactions which "afflict" a sliver of the population with a deadly health condition which can affect basically any person in any part of their body - even when great care is taken to live a healthy lifestyle.

Going back to health care debates in general, Mort and people like Mort have a complete lack of understanding surrounding the purpose and function of insurance. They act like it's some sort of magic money tree (the same way they treat government, incidently). In their mind, why can't the magic money tree be shaken for every little gumdrop and doodad they can think of?

Cancer literally only affects white cishet men. True fact.

I'm not at all sure why you would get that from my post. You must have really long arms, because that's some serious reaching you're doing.

Maybe you meant to quote Mort since I haven't mentioned cancer at all.

yeah, gotta say, nobody has made a remotely good argument for why it isn't cosmetic. there may be a difference in degree, but not kind. the suicide argument is flimsy as fuck lol, i bet being ugly causes way more suicides.

I'm not at all sure why you would get that from my post. You must have really long arms, because that's some serious reaching you're doing.

i thought that lol. you should maybe clarify 'stuff that benefits anyone other than heterosexual men which doesn't also benefit heterosexual men', but i thought that was p obvious

Reactions: Omni
i thought that lol. you should maybe clarify 'stuff that benefits anyone other than heterosexual men which doesn't also benefit heterosexual men', but i thought that was p obvious

Oh, I forgot. When posting on this site, you also have to be overly specific because people will pretty much deliberately interpret posts to mean something other than what they actually say.

But yes, this is (obviously, I might add) what I was saying.