If Mort Divine ruled the world

how about you demonstrate how transition surgery isn't cosmetic, that'd be kewl

Where did I say that? I said it isn't strictly a cosmetic procedure. You know, because it is done for very different reasons than regular cosmetic surgery, in order to help with the underlying causes of gender dysphoria. It obviously has cosmetic benefits as well.

I'm not at all sure why you would get that from my post. You must have really long arms, because that's some serious reaching you're doing.

Maybe you meant to quote Mort since I haven't mentioned cancer at all.

You said that people only care about things that benefit heterosexual men. I'm pretty sure that many people here are fine with treatments for diseases that affect everyone.

Reactions: Dak and Baroque
Oh, I forgot. When posting on this site, you also have to be overly specific because people will pretty much deliberately interpret posts to mean something other than what they actually say.

But yes, this is (obviously, I might add) what I was saying.

What is a specific heterosexual male-only disease?

You said that people only care about things that benefit heterosexual men. I'm pretty sure that many people here are fine with treatments for diseases that affect everyone.

Heterosexual men are part of "everyone" last time that I checked.

What is a specific heterosexual male-only disease?

What part of my post says anything about it being relegated to diseases? It says that people on this site universally seem to dislike things that don't benefit heterosexual men.

Where did I say that? I said it isn't strictly a cosmetic procedure. You know, because it is done for very different reasons than regular cosmetic surgery, in order to help with the underlying causes of gender dysphoria. It obviously has cosmetic benefits as well.

So what does the strictly signify here? That it has an psychological positive to it?

What part of my post says anything about it being relegated to diseases? It says that people on this site universally seem to dislike things that don't benefit heterosexual men.

We're talking in the context of tax-funded health services. If you want to broaden that to any kind of government-mandated service/support/etc, fine, but then give an example of something that exclusively benefits heterosexual males.

We're talking in the context of tax-funded health services. If you want to broaden that to any kind of government-mandated service/support/etc, fine, but then give an example of something that exclusively benefits heterosexual males.

That isn't a necessary thing for me to do based on what I posted, since I said something that applies to more discussions than just this one and isn't exclusive to things that solely benefit heterosexual men. My perception is that almost anything discussed here that doesn't benefit heterosexual men in any way is generally met with disdain.

If anything, you should provide examples of things that don't benefit heterosexual men that were positively received by yourself and others on this site, if you feel so strongly about what I said.

So what does the strictly signify here? That it has an psychological positive to it?

Actually read my previous post. It contains information that answers your question.

Omni spends more time telling people what she didn't say rather than actually saying something. Your hetero-men only comment was a shit pot-shot that failed, except Mort obviously jizzed at the mere suggestion of a hetero-male bias.

The fact is, breast cancer is the most heavily funded cancer there is and we are all fine with that here, so calm the fuck down Jane Fonda.

I'm totally in support of transgender people being allowed to have affordable acceas to insurance that will cover procedures that will help them. Basic sexual reassignment surgeries and hormone replacement therapy aren't strictly cosmetic procedures.

I'm never surprised that almost anything that benefits anyone other than heterosexual men is universally disliked on this site.

Wouldn't something like this (which I'm not necessarily against) encourage transition surgery at much younger ages? Studies show that transition surgery doesn't drop the suicide rates to any great degree and in some cases even increases the risk of suicide, which tends to be true the younger the individual is.

The reasons are the same. Person X is upset with their body. X then has surgery to fix the problem. I don't understand the difference, unless you are implying that gender dysphoria is a real problem and regular dsyphoria is not.

The fact is, breast cancer is the most heavily funded cancer there is and we are all fine with that here, so calm the fuck down Jane Fonda.

Well, not sure i'm fine with that. But I think that's privately funded so don't really give a shit.

That isn't a necessary thing for me to do based on what I posted, since I said something that applies to more discussions than just this one and isn't exclusive to things that solely benefit heterosexual men. My perception is that almost anything discussed here that doesn't benefit heterosexual men in any way is generally met with disdain.

If anything, you should provide examples of things that don't benefit heterosexual men that were positively received by yourself and others on this site, if you feel so strongly about what I said.

Actually read my previous post. It contains information that answers your question.

First off, the burden of proof is supposed to be on you, but for starters I'm pretty sure I've had an argument with CASSETTEISGOD before about breast vs prostate cancer "in favor" of women. I'm OK with gay marriage, which doesn't benefit me in any way.

Second, if you don't give an example of what could exclusively benefit heterosexual men, it's impossible to argue with. The old-school definition of rape only benefits women in the sense that it's defined as an unwanted penis in the vagina, but many heterosexual husbands/boyfriends obviously stand to benefit by having people punished if their loved ones are raped. So give an example of something that exclusively benefits heterosexual men.

Third, your whole argument to begin with was just a red herring ignoring the fact that gender reassignment surgery doesn't actually reduce suicide among the transgender.

your first and third points were all that was needed, i still have no idea how that second point is relevant lol. examples of what could exclusively benefit heterosexual men do not support omni's argument at all.

Don't a lot of trans individuals end up majorly regretting the surgery anyways? I mean I like to think I am pretty progressive and open when it comes to transgender issues, but devil's advocate here.

The new school definition of rape is still only defined as penetration, so unless a woman shoves her hand up a guy's arse or it's gay rape, it still overwhelmingly benefits women.

I've never been against breast cancer funding which is quite large, I just wanted prostate cancer funding to increase relative to breast cancer funding. Not even equal, just an increase generally.

Don't a lot of trans individuals end up majorly regretting the surgery anyways? I mean I like to think I am pretty progressive and open when it comes to transgender issues, but devil's advocate here.

Yes, extensive studies have shown that the risk doesn't necessarily drop and in some cases increase.
I don't want trans people to kill themselves and so a balanced view on transition surgery is required in my view.

Reactions: The Butt

In all fairness, my understanding is that it isn't really strongly correlated one way or the other. You can find self-reporting studies where the majority of transgender people say they're happier after, but suicide rates overall don't really change. It makes a bigger difference in terms of nationality; some studies done in Sweden show much lower rates of suicide overall than in the USA, and considering that Sweden is going to be a lot more liberal and have laws against transphobia or whatever, that probably isn't surprising. The surgery doesn't actually reduce suicide rates, it's just cosmetic.