If Mort Divine ruled the world

http://www.unz.com/jman/the-donald-trump-phenomenon-part-1-the-american-nations/

This isn't necessarily Mort related per se, but the source would probably make a Tumblrite go into trigger seizures so I'll put it here.

My mothers side goes back to the Tidewater peoples and my fathers side was in Yankeedom. Probably why I spent most of my life in the South (or as per that map, on the edge of the Tidewater), yet don't really fit in with the culture. For whatever reason I felt much more at home in the Far West.

I read like a third of it and comes off rather weak in its approach.

environmental factors since lighter American blacks have historically faced more favorable socioeconomic conditions

This should put to rest the usual reasons given for why black immigrants are accepted into Ivy League universities more than native blacks, including the charge that these universities just favor immigrant blacks because “[whites] find them easier to get along with”, or native blacks just don’t apply to these universities, and so on. Apparently, occam’s razor wins again: they may just be smarter on average (for whatever reason).

?? "Ignore possible cultural factors because...occam's razor"

And then the chart showcasing the different scores of ethnicities in the UK, seperated by boys and girls and whether or not they get free meals, basically argues against the entire point of the paper but wasn't even acknowledged.

I think they're seriously misusing the concept of "regression to the mean" in that article. That applies if you have a completely random and unbiased sample, but intelligence is strongly heritable. In a hypothetical of a person with an IQ of 150, it's *possible* that they be extremely distant from the mean IQ of their race around 90, but it could also mean they are only moderately exceptional if from a specific family/bloodline where average IQ is perhaps 120. They acknowledge the argument that immigration can be biased towards more intelligent individuals, but don't seem to acknowledge that more intelligent people from poorer countries may have jobs/skills that allow them to be preferentially selected.

I read a couple of articles from that guy, incidently a black guy from Zambia. I'm not sure exactly what he is going for other than trying to defend Africans from being lumped in with black Americans as well as not accepting environment only arguments.

That's too optimistic. At a minimum I'd say you need a couple more generations to get over the whole eugenics stigma, because I don't see that ever changing for the current generation.

It's inextricable when discussing the reality that genetics are a major part of what makes us for anyone with a remotely moral outlook on life.

http://capitalismmagazine.com/2002/01/from-marxism-to-the-market/

"How and why had I changed from a young leftist to someone with my present views, which are essentially in favor of free markets and traditional values? In a sense, it was not so much a change in underlying philosophy, as in my vision of how human beings operate.

Back in the days when I was a Marxist, my primary concern was that ordinary people deserved better, and that elites were walking all over them. That is still my primary concern, but the passing decades have taught me that political elites and cultural elites are doing far more damage than the market elites could ever get away with doing."