If Mort Divine ruled the world

from reading, apparently since the dude dresses up and acts like a woman (not a trans person), he's being transphobic or something

Reactions: Dak
what do you mean by you guys? Dak and I are a protected minority btw

Um... you guys. As in, you and Dak...

I think I'm missing the joke.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-supporters-audio-leak-228997
This shit is hilarious, how can someone with the easiest path to the White House shoot themselves in the foot so many times?

This sounds pretty level-headed to me. This will upset a lot of Bernie supporters, some of whom are colleagues of mine; but I have a feeling that her tonal treatment of the subject matter is somewhat different than how it reads on the page.

Still is a shot in the foot, but then it's politics. Anything and everything can be a shot in the foot.

Probably stacks up better next to Siddhartha Mukherjee's article from a couple months back, at least.

I think I'm missing the joke.

the usual 'you people' with reference to minorities and yada yada yada..not funny anymore (if ever) -- but I don't think either of us thought or think a BLM protest contains rioting so kind of a weird comment anyways

This sounds pretty level-headed to me. This will upset a lot of Bernie supporters, some of whom are colleagues of mine; but I have a feeling that her tonal treatment of the subject matter is somewhat different than how it reads on the page.

It is, but why say it? Lot of Bernie Bros are looking at those two worthless candidates and only going to justify that poor decision even more

Last edited:
BLM protests are fairly synonymous with rioting locally related to the killings in question. Obviously that doesn't mean it is specifically the protesters doing the looting etc, and BLM protests happen in other places without the associated violence. I was speaking half tongue in cheek.

It is, but why say it? Lot of Bernie Bros are looking at those two worthless candidates and only going to justify that poor decision even more

She said it relatively early in the campaign, when the first primaries were starting, so she was probably wasn't as worried. To me the "living in the basement" thing wasn't even as bad as her stuff on free X, Y, and Z because it shows she might not have been pushed further to the left as Bernouts are hoping. It makes me feel better about her tbh.

I think i'm more interested in what direction he wants blacks to go in. Self dependency is great, but is he advocating via Malcolm X or ? Cannot tell from that clip

I think i'm more interested in what direction he wants blacks to go in. Self dependency is great, but is he advocating via Malcolm X or ? Cannot tell from that clip

Yeah it wasn't super clear. It sounds like he's advocating keeping the proverbial nose clean on the part of younger blacks and telling older ones to stop instigating when they aren't going to put their own ass on the line. Ultimately he's really advocating for them to work within the system if they aren't going to start growing their own food etc (which on a broad level isn't going to happen).

We need to throw out science because gravity is patriarchical racist oppression.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW I CAN SEND LIGHTNING BOLTS FROM MY MIND WITH MAGIC??

Reactions: CiG