If Mort Divine ruled the world

Yeah, society is. But you guys all keep calling bullshit.

For what it's worth, I actually said that universities might overreact, and that the safe space fad is counterproductive. But I'm not going to say there's a problem in academia and simultaneously say there's no problem of police shootings or sexual misconduct.

When have I ever called bullshit on workplace sexual harassment or police shootings?

I've only ever disagreed with the idea that it is race-based in the latter.

But I'm not going to say there's a problem in academia and simultaneously say there's no problem of police shootings or sexual misconduct.

You're looking at 3 areas with perpetually materializing problems and only saying there is a problem with 2 of the 3?

Unfortunately all our disagreements basically boil down to interplays between our genes and environments, while the problems which we disagree on boil down mostly to genetics, and the former persons can't understand how our privileges can't affect the latter persons and situations, and so the top 30% keep arguing about a bottom 70% which is happy to drink and smoke and watch itself into oblivion as long as the top 30% (or top .01% of AI/robots) is happy to support their intelligent-mind-numbing behaviors.

Haha, oh man frustrated drunk posting... :D

You're looking at 3 areas with perpetually materializing problems and only saying there is a problem with 2 of the 3?

I would say all three are a problem. I was only implying that I won't say academia has a problem while ignoring these other issues that I find as disturbing (if not more).

Unfortunately all our disagreements basically boil down to interplays between our genes and environments, while the problems which we disagree on boil down mostly to genetics, and the former persons can't understand how our privileges can't affect the latter persons and situations, and so the top 30% keep arguing about a bottom 70% which is happy to drink and smoke and watch itself into oblivion as long as the top 30% (or top .01% of AI/robots) is happy to support their intelligent-mind-numbing behaviors.

I'm not sure I follow this, but if it's a comment on my not understanding the poor then I admit that I probably don't. But I'm not sure how that's really relevant to anything discussed above...?

This discussion really shouldn't have gone this far. All I was saying earlier to rms was that I'm not realizing or becoming enlightened on how damaging "the left" is. I think it's pretty ridiculous to think about it in those terms, actually, since I also think "the right" is damaging too. It all just spins around and gets fucked into absurdities and I get annoyed by the grandstanding that comes from everywhere. But I'm not afraid to call out leftist bullshit, I'm simply intent on pointing out that in almost every single case of leftist-bashing on this board, there are elements of the scenario that go unnoticed or are left unattended. And I think it's important to underscore them.

You guys will probably disagree with my emphasis/perspectives, and because of them I'll keep being the black sheep leftist sympathizer ;)

Laci Green in the question and answer period talks about her negative experiences on campuses and how she's worried about what is happening.

I really dislike the "well I got some dick finally so let me change my entire world view" thang

But I'm not afraid to call out leftist bullshit

yeah, that's why you passively played it off while switching the topic to sexual harassment and police violence. such a bullshitter sometimes

there are elements of the scenario that go unnoticed or are left unattended. And I think it's important to underscore them.

except there wasn't here, and when you finally realized in your drunken furor, you switched the topic entirely.

and, I posted a tweet about police violence that was ignored. So, if you really wanted to confront us on police violence, could have started it there. I think that tweet highlights a rather large issue within the community.

Interestingly enough, I imagine this 'story' got little national attention:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/12/adolphus-washington-arrest-video-gun-water-park/

yeah, that's why you passively played it off while switching the topic to sexual harassment and police violence. such a bullshitter sometimes

:rolleyes: You're such an idiot sometimes.

except there wasn't here, and when you finally realized in your drunken furor, you switched the topic entirely.

Yes there was, and I already went over it.

You can't really absorb information, so it's not worth arguing with you.

I'm not sure I follow this, but if it's a comment on my not understanding the poor then I admit that I probably don't. But I'm not sure how that's really relevant to anything discussed above...?

My overarching point was just that we can argue all day long about "what needs to be done about the problems of these people" when they mostly don't give a shit, and that the whys of the left-right disagreements and the whys of at least half of the population not caring about the details of their problems probably aren't "fixable".

Yes there was, and I already went over it.

your citation added nothing to the convo. The question from the prof was in the dailymail piece, we could already formulate the argument that his question wasn't as good as it should be. You added nothing, the position didn't change and you decided to move on to the 'right' because of it. You do this with the 'overall' left, minorities and probably women. it's really peculiar.

You can't really absorb information, so it's not worth arguing with you.

out of all the legitimate problems I have, this might be the worst to try and 'call me out' on

Last edited:
your citation added nothing to the convo. The question from the prof was in the dailymail piece, we could already formulate the argument that his question wasn't as good as it should be. You added nothing, the position didn't change and you decided to move on to the 'right' because of it. You do this with the 'overall' left, minorities and probably women. it's really peculiar.

out of all the legitimate problems I have, this might be the worst to try and 'call me out' on

I was just pointing out one component of the situation that no one else was commenting on. That seems like adding something to me.

And you're right on the second point. Someone really needs to call you out on your bad writing.

I think there might be a personality type which tends to eschew attention to details which take almost no real effort. Like appropriate, consistent capitalization.

I listened to most of that interview and it doesn't seem like Green added much. I don't know about the dick thing but it does seem like her folate correction fixed more than the depression. She says she's had her problems with caustic leftism for longer than has been addressed, but who can really know? It does seem that chronic depression goes hand in hand with the sort of sewage she supported before, and now that she has figured out the source of that depression, she's suddenly more open minded.

Wonder what all the other biologically hampering sources are for all of the LGBTQXYZ that we are supposed to just enable rather than help?

she was a mormon, so maybe.

before 'this,' she was the poster girl for mtv-progressive-leftist liberalness. Now she's banging that right wing youtuber and she's been "red pilled."