If Mort Divine ruled the world

How do we change behaviour and what behaviour would we specifically be changing?

By passing legislature. Some of it's good, some of it's bad. There's no absolute mode of righteousness or omega point of good progressivist law-making; at some point all of us make concessions, all of us pick our battles and all of us choose sides. The undecidability, or uncertainty, of these processes isn't an epistemic, ideological, logical, or moral excuse for avoiding them or dismantling them.

Edit:mad: Mort

I don't know how seriously people take you off the internet, but you obviously think people take you seriously on it. Why don't you go straightsplain to Milo about the plight and nuances of gays and broader society.

The sheer arrogance.

Yeah, because one gay man who wants to force the rest of the gay community into silence should be listened to over the millions shouting in an attempt to even have a voice.

By passing legislature. Some of it's good, some of it's bad. There's no absolute mode of righteousness or omega point of good progressivist law-making; at some point all of us make concessions, all of us pick our battles and all of us choose sides. The undecidability, or uncertainty, of these processes isn't an epistemic, ideological, logical, or moral excuse for avoiding them or dismantling them.

Fair enough, but what's the behaviour in question?

This is some of the most hateful shit i've ever seen.

Caught this from a tweet by Jim Norton to Anthony Cumia, hah.

Last edited by a moderator:
*shrug*

Don't really see it as hateful and I don't see how it could really be viewed as such, but okay

Since when does white privilege = whites are racist?

Also, worth noting that black males are ridiculously overrepresented in interracial crime in America.

Shit I just missed that edit.

EDIT: That was irt a post that Mort just apparently self-deleted

Nation of Islam ideology views whites as the devil and as necessarily evil if I remember correctly, this woman does not believe that (stated in the first few minutes of one of her other videos that she does not believe all white people are evil)

I'm a white male who attends an HBCU, i.e. I'm around more black people than any of you on a regular basis, and I can gladly stand by the statement "all white people are racist." It's not about hate, it's not about segregation, it's not about slavery, it's not about slavery; it's about a mindset you have no choice in forming and you fucks don't get it. I'll differ from the video on this: it's a mutual process in eliminating racism (Fanon would agree with me on this). But that's all I differ on.

You all don't know what racism is. Racism is not prejudice. Racism is not hate. Racism is not a Yo in the hood saying he wants to kill white people. Racism is a power structure. The yo in the hood does not affect your life. The police affect the black life in a way that does not affect the white life in a similar manner. The banks affect the black life in a way that does not affect the white life. We are not in a post-racial society. Like it or not, when you have the power, you have the hegemony. White is the hegemony. The West has the hegemony. If anyone disagrees with the latter, just look at history. History translates very well to the present, and it reinforces the former. It's about principles and values. Like it or not, the reflection of principles or values are interpreted on a first-face basis, and that first-face weighs heavily on the ultimate interpretation. The side that has the upper-hand, that has the hegemony, is the white side, the West side.

Nation of Islam ideology views whites as the devil and as necessarily evil if I remember correctly, this woman does not believe that (stated in the first few minutes of one of her other videos that she does not believe all white people are evil)

Note that I said esque, but I'll humour your attempt to defend a racist, exactly which video was it?

I'm a white male who attends an HBCU, i.e. I'm around more black people than any of you on a regular basis, and I can gladly stand by the statement "all white people are racist." It's not about hate, it's not about segregation, it's not about slavery, it's not about slavery; it's about a mindset you have no choice in forming and you fucks don't get it. I'll differ from the video on this: it's a mutual process in eliminating racism (Fanon would agree with me on this). But that's all I differ on.

You all don't know what racism is. Racism is not prejudice. Racism is not hate. Racism is not a Yo in the hood saying he wants to kill white people. Racism is a power structure. The yo in the hood does not affect your life. The police affect the black life in a way that does not affect the white life in a similar manner. The banks affect the black life in a way that does not affect the white life. We are not in a post-racial society. Like it or not, when you have the power, you have the hegemony. White is the hegemony. The West has the hegemony. If anyone disagrees with the latter, just look at history. History translates very well to the present, and it reinforces the former. It's about principles and values. Like it or not, the reflection of principles or values are interpreted on a first-face basis, and that first-face weighs heavily on the ultimate interpretation. The side that has the upper-hand, that has the hegemony, is the white side, the West side.

So why take a term like racism which is supposed to apply to power structures and ingrained social blahblahblah and use it on an individual level, if that's not what it's meant for? How is an individual being racist and holding racist views if they are not conscious of them or not actively seeking to maintain them? Is every white person a racist just because they weren't followed around at the store while shopping or because a car dealer started with a lower offer?

Racism is definitely a prejudice and racism is definitely hate, it can however manifest itself as a power structure, without the former definition the latter would be empty.
People really need to stop talking out of their ass about what racism is.

The yo in the hood does not affect your life.

You mean the yo doesn't affect society overall, because you can't say they don't affect the people they target or attack, that's nonsensical to even suggest.

I can only speak for myself but I'm not suggesting we live in a post-racial society, as an indigenous Australian I can directly back this up with life experience, but because I pass as both caucasian and aboriginal, I've been both hassled by police and called my pals my whole life, dealt with stereotypes impeding my ability to progress in education and jobs and on the flip, growing up I was targeted by other aboriginals because they thought I was white, I've seen the way my aboriginal family treats white friends and I know the way they think and talk about white people.

This may not coherently translate to an American but the point is, the universally accepted definition of racism doesn't require power to make sense.
Racism is racism and once we accept that non-whites can be and ARE racist, maybe we can retain some fucking coherence out of this sociological mess we have in 2015.

2mmwsbm.png

I bet she thinks the Egyptians were black too.

I doubt that's her real name, btw. Fuck that yellow fever culture fetishizing and misappropriating bitch.