If Mort Divine ruled the world

iirc false rape accusations are estimated roughly in the 5-10% range. A minority, but not the kind of thing anyone should be comfortable ruining an innocent guy's life over. Using the criminal/court system as your own weapon should result in punishment equal to or greater than what the person falsely accused stood to receive.

iirc false rape accusations are estimated roughly in the 5-10% range. A minority, but not the kind of thing anyone should be comfortable ruining an innocent guy's life over. Using the criminal/court system as your own weapon should result in punishment equal to or greater than what the person falsely accused stood to receive.

Ozz's statement doesn't really have a place in this discussion, I think, but this "5-10%" stat is cited only in cases that go to court.

Either way, it's irrelevant.

Ozz's statement doesn't really have a place in this discussion, I think, but this "5-10%" stat is cited only in cases that go to court.

Either way, it's irrelevant.

I was more replying to Mort's original post about colleges "allowing" the accused to transfer. It's relevant.

How is it irrelevant? If someone is falsely accused of rape, there will be a high likelihood of them being "moved" to another campus, mattress girl is a perfect example of a vindictive cunt using rape as a means to an end.

I thought it was clear I wasn't talking about that aspect, but not really sure how your post talks about that anyways.

1. Rape accusations happen.
2. A solution for rape accusations in the form of being basically forced to transfer has been suggested.
3. I argued that said solution is damaging to a person's life and reputation.
4. I argued that one in twenty (or more) people accused of rape are falsely accused.

Therefore, in accordance with the American ideal of due process, I think it's an unfair solution that seeks to harm many people already victimized by false rape accusations. I don't see how I can make my argument any more simply.

Because Polis' statement shows that he thinks at least 80% of accusations are false, and he's still OK with it. Reality is it is not 80%, or even close to that, so it's a waste of key strokes, bandwidth and whatever else you want to add to it to even have this discussion.

The problem here is that Polis, a U.S. Congressman, is interested in abolishing the constitutional right for due process simply because someone is accused, and quite honestly, is a male.

He isn't clear in the video whether or not he entirely means a private university, especially since the private school here is some Buddhist bullshit thing that is quite small versus the massive public university that exists and makes this crap town flourish.

lol, did you even read my post? I don't give a shit about the exact number. Unless the number of false rape accusations is so infinitesimal compared to the real deal and the punishment mild enough, my point is exactly that due process should be followed.

Regret is not rape . Unfortunately it is treated so in this day and age without a book of text messages and 100 alibis in defense......and even then it's dicey.

No it really isn't treated that way, and even so realizing after the fact that one did not give consent is a reality for many women (and men if you want to drag it down that path.)

Just as an example - have sex with someone perhaps while drunk, don't think anything of it at first, but later realize that they didn't/were unable to consent.

This is where things get real complex though right? Because consent isn't necessarily vocal, also there's a big difference between one drunk person having sex with a sober person and two drunk people having sex.

It's dumb and that's why even the military tells you never to have sex with a women while she's drunk, because she's going to win legally.