If Mort Divine ruled the world

was this good or bad from your perspective? ^^^^^^^^

Both. Being raised by a single father with my brother definitely gave me certain positive traits I think I'd lack had I been raised by my mother. Flip side is I lack certain other traits as I've never had a positive female role model. My brother is very disrespectful towards pretty much all women except family, even though my dad isn't like that. Also everybody's different, this is just one situation.

I will say my sister was raised by my mother and led a life of drug abuse before overdosing in 2011. She had a different, MIA father. Not sure if the absence of a male influence was the problem, or my ma being a screwy teenage mother. Lots of variables at play.

Long story short, I don't think gender of the primary parent should ever be relevant. Its very situational, even all things being equal.

I think I'd encourage whoever has more time on their hands and more money to be the one with custody.

Children from single fathers generally come out better than those from single mothers. Of course, there could be complicating factors (e.g. a lot of single mothers in the ghetto are such because the father is in jail, which obviously carries its own issues).

Mort, fathers settle out of court because they get fucked over in courts.

I think instead of displaying the "women as better caregivers" culture to Mort, we should all point out how hypocritical his stance is when it comes to men.

If I was to tell women that they would get more results if they just simply brought their grievance to the authorities, I would get accused of not understanding rape culture.

I think his stance displays, just perfectly, the mindset of feminists. Men should just get their act together, women must be coddled. Dak was a tad more exaggerated than this, but I really think this is the core value of the feminist movement.

Men should just get their act together, women must be coddled.....this is the core value of the feminist movement.

They don't deny it when pinned down, just like no one denies Affirmative Action isn't about "equality". It's to "balance out systemic inequities", and if they can't find any currently, they say it's for historic inequities. When you show that historic inequities go both ways, then they just say whatever was bad for men or whites or whoever doesn't count.

He's also a conservative from the most conservative of the top tier economics institutions. That stance isn't surprising. Most Friedman influenced economists have the same opinion.

No, but the fact that a black guy said something negative about social assistance doesn't make it accurate.

That social welfare holds back minority populations (blacks) more than helping. I do not think it's a legitimate point though that the government does this on purpose to create a system of evil poor people/hates blacks that much

Yeah, that's more why I brought it up because I do think people think that. Ties into the CIA conspiracy theory that they brought in drugs just to hold the black man down.