If Mort Divine ruled the world

At that point I would've just left but not just cowered to her words as well. Thinking she has a right to talk to people like that is ridiculous

Of course not. The longstanding idea/ideal of the university is as a fertile ground for fostering independent/inquisitive thought for the purpose of generating new ideas and sharpening the old ones which stand up to scrutiny and challenge. This movement is more akin to religious attacks on science as "heresy", and unfortunately, universities of today have been far too complicit in the their own intellectual neutering.

This is rather lengthy but its well worth the time, even if you just listen to it whilst doing other things. Long story short, delusional SJW writes to the creator of this video's employer in an attempt to get him fired by claiming he's a Nazi, sexist, bla bla bla all the typical buzzwords only to have it backfire in the most beautiful of ways. There's also a bit in there about an online white knight being a sex offender.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course not. The longstanding idea/ideal of the university is as a fertile ground for fostering independent/inquisitive thought for the purpose of generating new ideas and sharpening the old ones which stand up to scrutiny and challenge. This movement is more akin to religious attacks on science as "heresy", and unfortunately, universities of today have been far too complicit in the their own intellectual neutering.

Yale responded in support of the email and their policy though. I think it's just the internet "brainwashing" is taking more hold overall. Some schools just cave in to their market versus principle

It's the exact same as the "Islam is a religion of peace, now leave me alone so I can pogrom against Denmark" or countless other religious mob mentality situations that go against what they claim they are any other time you see them.

Yale responded in support of the email and their policy though. I think it's just the internet "brainwashing" is taking more hold overall. Some schools just cave in to their market versus principle

I'd love to know what the majors are of those angry students, and how sympathetic their teachers are.

Big%20Vagina_zpsmteup6rj.png

I'd love to know what the majors are of those angry students, and how sympathetic their teachers are.

I found it interesting too that Yale lacks the white knights, in skin color, at that event. Little upset that Yale has a more diverse population than my school.

Been trying to understand something here, why are people still upset at blackface-ing?

I understand the original problem with it, that the entertainment industry chose to darken whitey instead of hiring blacks. But what is it today? Is it permanently racist because of that early history?

Mostly just curious in the halloween context. Just saw a native american dude got in trouble for blackfacing.

That's a fine question, which I don't feel authorized to answer.

But here's another question; why do we feel the need to ask why black people care so much about blackface, instead of asking whether there are just some costumes that shouldn't be worn? Why do we assume that we have the right to dress up as anything we want?

I think there's also a big fucking difference between painting your face black and painting your face black with bugged out eyes and big looking lips.

The latter is the historically racist one, the former is not.

That's a fine question, which I don't feel authorized to answer.

But here's another question; why do we feel the need to ask why black people care so much about blackface, instead of asking whether there are just some costumes that shouldn't be worn? Why do we assume that we have the right to dress up as anything we want?

Because not all black people are against it or even care.
So if we don't have the conversation suddenly we have one kind of black person speaking for them all.

Fair enough, and a good point. Although I don't know how most black people feel about it, which is partly why I don't feel obliged to answer the question...

My original question still stands though, because I don't think my question is contingent upon all or even most black people caring about the issue. My question is: why do we (i.e. white people) feel the urgency of asking why we can't wear blackface instead of asking why we feel we can wear it, or should be able to wear it? The fact that we approach the question from a particular angle is telling in its own right.

I wasn't even referring to mainly black people, it's just I have a problem with something seen as prejudice without appreciating context. I have that problem with language and I think this applies as well.

There's definitely the caricature aspect that applies but I haven't seen one of those costumes that received public scolding.

A weather man goes as Kanye and his wife as Kim K. Racist? I don't get it.

My question is: why do we (i.e. white people) feel the urgency of asking why we can't wear blackface instead of asking why we feel we can wear it, or should be able to wear it? The fact that we approach the question from a particular angle is telling in its own right.

I agree. And asking Why not x is a great angle. it's what rms is doing, and what you are doing. What is not a good angle is the question you offer as a potential question.

Well I wouldn't paint my face black because then I'd need to avoid touching it/anything else and then need to clean it off. There's an excellent answer. I probably wouldn't even ask the question though because it leads to nowhere.