If Mort Divine ruled the world

A BernieBro friend of mine shared this and it's almost at the 10k vote goal already:

get gun girls ccw revoked
There is video proof of gun girl also known as Kaitlin Bennett threatening someone after she was harassing them in public yelling and reminding them she “carries”. No one thinks it’s appropriate to throw in someone’s face the fact that they carry a deadly weapon right? Especially after seeing she only got the reaction she was hoping for when harassing someone. Long story short she shouldnt be allowed to legally carry anymore. See 3:34 of the video.

Basically this 'gun girl' person makes a fat joke and the fat girl gets heated, gets in her face, and 'gun girl' says "you know I carry right" and I guess they're saying that's irresponsible gun ownership and that she just goes around "harassing" people and then threatening them when they try to defend themselves? Pretty fucking stupid, I didn't get any of that from the video. You don't even see her gun in the video, it's not like she pulled it out or anything.

Can't listen to it now, but fwiw, in US law it's generally harder to claim self-defense if you use "fighting words" prior to a confrontation. I don't see the fatty actually touching the blonde, so if approaching the blonde is all it took for the blonde to mention that she carries, then that makes the blonde look particularly lame when she approached the fatty with a microphone to begin with. Not that I'm supporting taking her ccw away or anything like that, just saying that it's a good example of how not to represent a pro-gun cause.

I'm pretty sure I saw a video last week where the same girl was trolling a college campus about how racism didn't exist anymore, only to then retreat when some lefty dude simply brought up disproportionate arrest rates between whites and blacks. Not that there aren't many counter-arguments to his argument (mine would be "Why does the CDC report that homicide is the leading cause of death among young blacks if blacks don't commit far more assault and murder than whites?"), but she looked totally perplexed and unable to engage on even the most basic level. Right-wing YouTube grifters are bad enough on their own, so when you have female right-wing YouTube grifters that get millions of supporters from thirsty MAGA dudes simply on account of her genitalia, you're not exactly getting peak big brain to represent the cause.

Reactions: CiG
I despise redpill/right-wing women content creators, but I'm actually not too familiar with this one. What I saw just seemed like generic conservative inc gotcha street interviews to me. The kind of thing that can easily be replicated from any political angle because the average person is pretty misinformed.

Rogan the king of fence-sitting is offensive and racist. :rolleyes:

Bernie appeals to a bucketload of dude weed lmao conspiracy theorist types so these smears will fall short, granted Bernie doesn't buckle under pressure. He probably will, if this gains any traction (especially the whole trans thing).

Bernie also retracted his support for Cenk over something or other when it got too controversial. But it is interesting that on this case Sanders' campaign (for now) is defending the move and I'm seeing others on the left stick to their guns as well, like Kyle Kulinski. Probably helps that Rogan has boosted many on the left over the years. As silly as Rogan himself is, he seems to know the game pretty well and how to craft mutual support without committing too strongly in any particular direction.

Reactions: CiG
As a comedian he's more immune to "he said something offensive" smears than most, and his most controversial thing is his stance on transgender athletes which he makes sure to always stick to the facts about. So yeah he's pretty safe, he's also a classic fencerider. Like Rubin there's a meme about Joe that his mind changes depending on the guest, he has a feminist comedian on and he's shitting on "incels" all day, he has an edgelord on and he's shitting on SJWs all day.

He's a slippery and clever fella. Probably the biggest angle of attack he has to worry about is his long-standing friendship with Alex Jones.

The project examines the lesser-known consequences of slavery, not just much-discussed topics like mass incarceration. Its essays deal with things like how plantation economics led to modern corporate, capitalist culture

They're not completely wrong there. One of the major dialectics of the civil war beyond just slavery were those of self-employment vs centralized employment. One one hand you had Charles Fitzhugh, a leading intellectual of the South and proponent of slavery, claimed that it was an insult to whites to insist that whites weren't fit for slavery, and many wealthy plantation families similarly putting the best spin on their existence possible. Simultaneously there was a burgeoning left-wing movement among the criminal urban centers, primarily impoverished Irish immigrants, who opposed the abolition of slavery, because 1) they didn't want to be drafted into a war that they had nothing to do with, 2) they didn't want freed blacks competing for their labor, and 3) they saw the "wage-slavery" of the factories as an equivalent subjugation as that of plantation slavery, and saw collective bargaining as a more effective solution to their squalor.

Then in comes Lincoln, anointed in the font of Jeffersonian yeomannery, breaking the false dichotomy in his first inaugural address by arguing that man does not need to work for another to work at all, and that man is capable of harvesting the fruits of his labor. Following Southern secession, the Homestead Acts then pass, enabling millions of poor and unlanded families to create their own farms, build multi-generational wealth, and ultimately enjoy a class-mobility program that accomplished more than the New Deal and Great Society combined. Southern elites seethe after decades of lobbying to force the West to allow slavery ultimately failed, as do those many second-degree beneficiaries of slavery such as wealthy (often Jewish) bankers and speculators, such as the Lehman brothers. But not all was lost for those losers, for a new hero of corporate centralization, FDR, came into being and used all his might to crush the self-employed Western farmers at the behest of wealthy agriculture lobbyists and their financiers, and thus concluded the move of the Lehmans from Southern slavery-profiteers to New York debt-profiteers.

But the schools of Buffalo, New York probably won't frame it that way. Instead they'll probably talk about corporate boards being filled with (((white))) people and how we need diversity quotas among top corporate officers, which will naturally trickle down and end all racial disparities forever and ever, ever after.

q1nny8G.jpg

Reactions: Slayed Necros
They're not completely wrong there. One of the major dialectics of the civil war beyond just slavery were those of self-employment vs centralized employment. One one hand you had Charles Fitzhugh, a leading intellectual of the South and proponent of slavery, claimed that it was an insult to whites to insist that whites weren't fit for slavery, and many wealthy plantation families similarly putting the best spin on their existence possible. Simultaneously there was a burgeoning left-wing movement among the criminal urban centers, primarily impoverished Irish immigrants, who opposed the abolition of slavery, because 1) they didn't want to be drafted into a war that they had nothing to do with, 2) they didn't want freed blacks competing for their labor, and 3) they saw the "wage-slavery" of the factories as an equivalent subjugation as that of plantation slavery, and saw collective bargaining as a more effective solution to their squalor.

Then in comes Lincoln, anointed in the font of Jeffersonian yeomannery, breaking the false dichotomy in his first inaugural address by arguing that man does not need to work for another to work at all, and that man is capable of harvesting the fruits of his labor. Following Southern secession, the Homestead Acts then pass, enabling millions of poor and unlanded families to create their own farms, build multi-generational wealth, and ultimately enjoy a class-mobility program that accomplished more than the New Deal and Great Society combined. Southern elites seethe after decades of lobbying to force the West to allow slavery ultimately failed, as do those many second-degree beneficiaries of slavery such as wealthy (often Jewish) bankers and speculators, such as the Lehman brothers. But not all was lost for those losers, for a new hero of corporate centralization, FDR, came into being and used all his might to crush the self-employed Western farmers at the behest of wealthy agriculture lobbyists and their financiers, and thus concluded the move of the Lehmans from Southern slavery-profiteers to New York debt-profiteers.

definitely have no problem with better discussions on civil war and reconstruction, but the argument from the 1619 was that it was never not in the country's interest to remove slavery and that it was in the plan all along. Something like one guy and one historian using that quote and ran with it for the piece. idk how much you care about it really, but could track down the response piece

i'd really "reject this insanity" in a different way

someone saying "i'm proud to be black" really comes across as racist to me
the "civil rights movement" was called the civil rights, instead of "black rights" because it didn't happen until the 100th anniversary of the civil war
so now, all the great-grand children of all the slave owners and all the grand-children of all the slaves have now all died of old-age
so the idea that slavery happening somehow makes the black people alive today somehow better than the white people alive today is totally ludicrous
also
when you have a culture where "pimp" is a respected job-title,
where "drug-dealer" is a person's sole source of income instead of something you do on the week-end
when 12 percent of the country's population makes up 60 percent of that same country's prison population
when the average black girl gets knocked-up for the first time way-the-fuck-younger than the average white girl
when black people are way-the-fuck more likely to become homeless than white people
when black people become pimps and drug-dealers as a straight-up-instead-of-graduating-high-school
when culture-bleed happens and white people in prison and homeless shelters start acting like ghetto-gangster-thugs instead culture-bleed happening in a positive way of having real life black people becoming the Huxtables from The Cosby Show

and then the half-white people who are capable of getting a severe sunburn start screaming that they are "proud to be black"
yeah, that's fucking idiotic
and offensive to white people

Just more evidence that the media intelligentsia isn't the academic intelligentsia. What surfaces in public discourse doesn't accurately reflect the conversations happening among professional scholars.

I appreciate that the NRx conceptualization of modern secularism as a Christian derived religion with substitutes for god and sin is slowly gaining academic acknowledgement, even if limited in scope. Great piece by McWhorter.

I appreciate that the NRx conceptualization of modern secularism as a Christian derived religion with substitutes for god and sin is slowly gaining academic acknowledgement, even if limited in scope.
this is a new-ish permutation of the original concept

the ph