Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Terrorizer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the_drip

Martriden K
Jan 8, 2004
Spokane WA.
Just curious, lets say we recorded a cover of some influential band and made it available as a bonus track or on a Japanese release or some strange shit like that. What band would everybody want to hear us do?

I'll put all the bands I think are worthy of covering...vote then post the song you'd want to hear.

I voted Morbid Angel... maybe something like "Where the slime live".

With your massive sound and Mike's vocals, I think that would kill! Should fit pretty well to the rest of the record, too. :)

This is a really tough question, as I like/love most every band on the list, but I had to choose my favorite (Emperor) simply because they're my favorite. Nevertheless, I think the Martriden sound would work best covering Morbid Angel or Vader. I like Death as much as the next guy, though they get covered a whole lot, so I'd prefer to see you all tackle a song that hasn't been covered a million times before. :)

you bring up good points, Death..especially recently has been getting covered a whole lot.

If we were to cover Emperor most fitting would probably be somethign off IX Equil. like decrystallizing Reason or Curse You all Men, as I believe...those songs would work well with our sound as well.

^ we probably will pick somethign weird when all is said and done. Our influences spread wide...so even if it is an influence It won't be very direct.

hey if you did leper affinity that would allow will to rip that solo out again. as he has done amazingly before.

Seriously I agree with Paul. You could cover Tubthumpers "We Get Knocked Down" or Aqua's "Barbie Girl" or that one crazy song by The Scat Man.... ahhh the good ol' days.... :)

circus_brimstone said:
This is a really tough question, as I like/love most every band on the list, but I had to choose my favorite (Emperor) simply because they're my favorite. Nevertheless, I think the Martriden sound would work best covering Morbid Angel or Vader. I like Death as much as the next guy, though they get covered a whole lot, so I'd prefer to see you all tackle a song that hasn't been covered a million times before. :)

Aaww well in that case I'm with you Jason even tho you voted for Emperor,I'm a Vader fan as well,so my vote goes to.. :)
Or maybe something from Necrophagist? ehh..

@Jason: I remember you said something about that Arcturus DVD,can't find your post back in the ND forum,do you have that DVD or not?