if were to organize a festival in NY ...

J. said:
now that would be a riot. darken might have visa problems because....well, he's a moron. (but he makes great music).

and i vote for a show with Manegarm. we'll all be banging heads to the maximus decimus meridius until they bust out with Segervisa and then we all drink to eachother because we all rule

Manegarm! How on earth did I forget them!?

lurch, they need to be there.

@Opeth17: and keeping with the "theme" of the fest (i.e. my personal tastes), we should go with Rudra or Melechesh for the death metal band/slot :D

General Zod said:
I think your best bet would be to find a headliner who lives as close to NY as possible. That way you could minimize travel costs and all the hassles that go with attaining work visas (foreign bands), etc. As for who that headliner might be... depends on what sort of fest this is. Are you gearing it towards the tastes of the folks on the forum?

Zod

The problem with that is, who lives close to NYC?

Anthrax, Overkill, Symphony X, Overlorde, um, I think that's it?

J. said:
and i vote for a show with Manegarm. we'll all be banging heads to the maximus decimus meridius until they bust out with Segervisa and then we all drink to eachother because we all rule
Agreed. And I'll even volunteer to give all chicks in attendance mamagrams. I've always been a proponent of woman's health.:loco:

Zod

BLOOD RED THRONE! Any respectable festival has one brutal death band playing, might as well get the best. These guys would fucking SLAY any other pansy crap there.

I agree with this and love this band, but aren't they in constant turmoil over band members?

I think your best bet would be to find a headliner who lives as close to NY as possible. That way you could minimize travel costs and all the hassles that go with attaining work visas (foreign bands), etc. As for who that headliner might be... depends on what sort of fest this is. Are you gearing it towards the tastes of the folks on the forum?

agreed again on the local headliner... not necesarily gearing it toward the tastes of this forum. If this was the case this would be Fag Fest 06 ... I mean really. :loco:

need more brainstorming ... but you Heathen Fest guys shoudl really try to chat it up with the organizer when you are there.

Ok, here's my revised festival lineup:

Enslaved (headliner)
Amon Amarth (headliner)
Negura Bunget
Falkenbach
Manegarm
Ensiferum
Rudra or Melechesh
Hammers of Misfortune
Krieg
Sin Origin

Hurrah!

MadeInNewJersey said:
Right, but since they don't play in North America at all, I forgot them. Hell, Manowar is from around here too, aren't they?

Which is why I mentioned them, as I believe it's uniqueness would be a draw - they've been around for a long time and don't generally play U.S. shows, yet would probably be recognizable enough to make a "festival" appearance noteworthy.

As for Manowar - consider them left out on purpose.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Ok, here's my revised festival lineup:

Enslaved (headliner)
Amon Amarth (headliner)
Negura Bunget
Falkenbach
Manegarm
Ensiferum
Rudra or Melechesh
Hammers of Misfortune
Krieg
Sin Origin

Hurrah!

Man, you'd have to split this over 2 days or start it at 10am or something!

i like that linup too ... have not heard half the bands there ... but i like it.

Conspicuously Absent said:
We could have tons of fun as rob chases Jaykeeley around with a sword!

Where the white women at?

But seriously, Rob Darken would get his fucking head kicked in in NYC and it would be hilarious. He'd be fighting people off with his plastic sword.

"I'm not who you think I am, I swear! I play bass in Hammerfall" etc etc, grovel grovel.

JayKeeley said:
Where the white women at?

But seriously, Rob Darken would get his fucking head kicked in in NYC and it would be hilarious. He'd be fighting people off with his plastic sword.

"I'm not who you think I am, I swear! I play bass in Hammerfall" etc etc, grovel grovel.

9 stars

:lol: