If you had to listen to one Opeth song for the rest of your life...

forza

New Metal Member
Sep 28, 2007
this thread's prolly already been created, and if it is, could someone plese link me to it here =)
but anyway, the question stands, if u had to listen to one Opeth song for the rest of ur life, which would it be?

i think mine'd prolly be When, i just fell in absoulte love with it the first time i heard it =D

Hmmm...tough one......!!!!.....ill prolly have to go with Serenity painted death.........PEAC EOUT

lulznoh, not on perpetual repeat XD tho i could listen to Still Life on perpetual repeat, their more concept-y stuff roxmysox.

Weakness said:
Benighted or Moonlapse
why those two in particular? i mean they are two very different songs, i personally like MV a lot more becoz it's longer, and way more technical & dynamic, but bleh

and something else i was wondering about, maybe it's just me but has anyone noticed that Opeth have sorta gone thru stages over the years, i've called them:

'Old'-peth (sorta 1994-2000)
'Trans'-peth (2001-2003)...."trans" as in transition
'Nu'-peth (2003- god knows how long?)

does anyone know what i'm on about?

and something else i was wondering about, maybe it's just me but has anyone noticed that Opeth have sorta gone thru stages over the years, i've called them:

'Old'-peth (sorta 1994-2000)
'Trans'-peth (2001-2003)...."trans" as in transition
'Nu'-peth (2003- god knows how long?)

does anyone know what i'm on about?

Yes. Though many people would change your definition of eras.

Also, Moonlapse Vertigo.

haha yeah blackwater park would be awesome, but also would scare the fuck out of me.

theres just this impending doom lurking over the entire song, and knowing what Mike says, it would scare the shit outta me... makes me think i know what my life is working towards...