If you like Opeth, what other bands do you like???

MetalDarkness

New Metal Member
Nov 12, 2007
I've been an Opeth fan for several years. Not only are they my favorite metal band, they may be my favorite band period. I find their music intoxicating. I don't expect to find any other band like them, and this is the reason we all love their music. I was curious as to what other bands some of you enjoy, that may have a touch of their style. A few I like include, Daylight Dies, Katatonia, and Isis. Far cries for sure.

Swallow The Sun are an amazing death/doom metal band and they sound a lot like Opeth....definitely up there with Opeth as one of my favourites.

Novembers Doom, Nightingale, Ayreon, Arcturus, Voyager, Winds, Martriden and Edge of sanity to name a few of the bands that like and I think have some kind of connection to Opeths music.

F*****K yeah. Great stuff. I'm diggin Swallow the Sun, Dawn of Solace, Novembre and that's just what I've downloaded today. Can't find out where to buy alot of the artists music. Thanks MO FO's

Yeah, Gojira is insane. I live 3 hours from Denver and missed the last two times they were in town. Can't wait for a new album.

Any good metal really, this month the most plays seem to be going to Graveworm, Behemoth, Dååth, and Arch Enemy. Of course you gotta throw in some Porcupine Tree and such, and I just got Camel's Snow Goose and man is that some trippy stuff lol.

Morbid Angel and Camel, obviously. :)

also:
Anathema
Between the Buried and Me
Cradle of Filth (old)
The Gathering
My Dying Bride
Swallow the Sun
Arcturus
Pestilence
Mastodon
King Diamond
Diabolical Masquerade
Yes
Van Der Graaf Generator

Enslaved, When Day Descends, Agalloch, try Ulver's albums "Bergtatt" and "Kveldssanger" and possibly their more recent stuff, Alcest, Neurosis, Cult Of Luna, Mono, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Moonsorrow.

^pretty much what i did when i got here and it opened SO many doors. if you really want some good music and some discussion about it go to ****************.

edit: fucking censors.

edit 2: fuck it just pm me if you want the site.