If you like Opeth you might also like....

No, you're right.....they are quite different (Mastodon), but they do stretch the boundries of what they do quite a lot here and there, hence my reference to them. Isis would be another example in that they tend to deal in extremes on both ends of the spectrum in just one track.....you know....that's what I meant.

I place Mastodon and Isis far above Opeth. But I see your intent on the comparison. Another band Opeth fans might enjoy is Neurosis.

agreed, im a fan of extol. saw them live not to long ago in fact. im not too familiar with mastodon's and enslaved's music though, ill have to check them out! and for those of you who refuse to like extol cuz theyre christian...grow up or suck it up, theyre a great band.

Dreamlord said:
I place Mastodon and Isis far above Opeth. But I see your intent on the comparison. Another band Opeth fans might enjoy is Neurosis.
I bought a Neurosis album once and it was pure feces to my ears. But alot of people seem to like them alot, so I often wonder what it is I didnt' get about them.

ISIS owns my ass more than any other band. Its weird I love bands like Sleep, High on Fire, Orange Goblin, Neurosis, which are all my favotite bands...but I hate Mastodon with a bloody passion, i mean I really do hate them, and Ive seen em live 5 times. Doesnt Make any sense.

The Shape said:
I bought a Neurosis album once and it was pure feces to my ears. But alot of people seem to like them alot, so I often wonder what it is I didnt' get about them.

No worries. I bought some Neurosis albums probably 4 years ago, and didn't understand what the hell was going on. I started listening to the band again just this past year and couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was marvelous.

"ISIS owns my ass more than any other band. Its weird I love bands like Sleep, High on Fire, Orange Goblin, Neurosis, which are all my favotite bands...but I hate Mastodon with a bloody passion, i mean I really do hate them, and Ive seen em live 5 times. Doesnt Make any sense."

Hell yeah on this. Oceanic is just the fucking shit. I really really can't get it out of my CD player. I would also mention Old Man Gloom to you. There kind of a super-group thing, and some of Isis' members are part of it. In particular I think you'd like Seminar II: The holy rites of Primitivism regrissi......trust me on that.....