I'll never understand women

Haha Boy Meets World was a great show...

And, it is worth the risk, but, as you stated NAD, girls do have a tendancy to freak out when their male friends start to like them. I guess the only thing holding me back is, as you stated, her running away.

Originally posted by Nightmarez
Sigh, what really hurts is when you're in love with some one who doesn't even know it. I gotta tell you, I've known this girl since 2nd grade, and she's my best friend. Last year she gave us a scare with a tumor, and, when her life was threatened, and I thought of losing her... I found out just how much she meant to me. I guess that old saying is right "You never know what you had, until you've lost it". Sigh, thankfully, she's alright.

But now I find myself left int his predicment, I know I care very deeply for her, because I couldn't stand the thought of living with out her. But I'm not sure if crossing the 'Friendship Line' is the best thing to do at this time. So I guess I'll sit and wait til the time is right. She told me once, "There's a time for everything."

Now I hope to God she's right... <=/

I empathize man. I want friendship and trust in a partner before anything else, physical or otherwise. Given this perquisite, I usually find myself making friends out of females (rather than looking for an attractive girlfriend) and then as I come to know them better and care for them more, that's when I start to grow love, and from love attraction. It's an unfortunate way of doing things, because, as has been said before, most girls freak at that!

[EDIT] I agree with the others too, I think you should go for it. It can break friendships, but if the gamble pays-off, I do believe it offers the best chance of some of the most genuine, tender love you can experience in a relationship.