I'm finally liking Dance Of Death

TinMan666

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
www.tintitaniumarchives.com
got it when it came out, didn't dig it. Gave it a few more tries over the years and still didn't get into it.

Watched "death on the road" the other weekend and found myself wanting to hear the DOD tracks again afterwards, so i dragged the cd out again.

All of a sudden i'm loving it.

This is pretty cool. Almost feels like I have a NEW maiden album, ya know?

I shoulda known they could never make a bad record.

It would be a much better album if it cut out the following songs:

Montsegur
Gates of Tomorrow
Face in the Sand
Age of Innocence

You just named some of my fav songs from the album Spiffo :(

I actually think the more I listen to it these days that it is one of the best albums, let down at time by bad production or over compression, I don't know the difference

That is the beauty of Maiden, fans always have different favourite albums and songs, which shows quality throughout the whole catalogue.

I think I listen to newer Maiden more than classic Maiden these days, but love both. DoD is a great album. I really like Face In The Sand.

You just named some of my fav songs from the album Spiffo :(

I actually think the more I listen to it these days that it is one of the best albums, let down at time by bad production or over compression, I don't know the difference

mine has this built in media player that i think was supposed to be some kind of copy protection... i remember thinking it made it sound like a poor quality mp3 from before broadband was invented. Now i'm listening to it without that and i reckon it sounds pretty good.

Montsegur would be one of my favourites for sure. New Frontier and Age Of Innocence are two that i really disliked before, but they're growing on me now. I think it was just like one dodgy bit of lyrics in each song that turned me off 'em initially.

I'm gonna listen to this tomorrow. Haven't heard it for sometime and now I've got the guitar melody of new frontier in my head:headbang: