I'm going to learn Finnish!!!

Ive been int he process of teaching myself the past ocuple months(I can read it a little better than i can speak/understand it) but I am FAAAAR from perfect, as in I roughly understand about 5% spoken and 8-10% read. But with the help f friends i am getin better too, as well as I begin Finnish classes here in Espoo in janurary!! :D

Sounds like fun, Maili! I've thought about taking some finnish classes myself, but Im too damn lazy and already have enough things to study. thankfully Janina told me how to say "lets do it doggystyle" or something like that two years ago, I think thats all the finnish I will ever need.

I'd have liked to do that, but the only place where they teach it in the Netherlands is in the other end of the cuntry and my parents didn't allow me to move out...:S
But I wanted to do English or German as a main course and where they teach Finnish, they don't teach either one of those courses...I might do a homestudy thing or something...if I can find the time, I just love the language :D

Wow, cool! I dream to study Funnish with a good teacher...but here in my town there is no any. So I'm trying to learn it at home by myself and I know already about 700 words and can read some simple texts...but stil can't speak ('cos have no any practice here):(

I've got some basic knowledge of the grammar which I taught myself, but I could never be bothered to learn the vocabulary... Now I'll be forced to, but I'm really looking forward to it!!
And, yes, I am probably quite lucky to live in a city with a big university that offers a Finnish course...

@ Tut: Yeah, I know my location tends to irritate people... I'm German, but I was murdered in Finland :D