im new on here, and just heard symphony x a few weeks ago.....

No-Mercy

Feanor
Nov 4, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
man. my friends uncle introduced me to symphony x just before christmas. I LOVE THEM!! i can't wait to get some of their albums!!. i was surprised that (to my knowledge) these guys are from america!! the bands i like are normally from sweden, england and there abouts. i think one of my favorite songs by them so far is The Accolade, its just amazing. as is every song ive heard so far. i cant wait to see them live. anyway, i wanted a little help from the fans, or the band if they come on here at all. i am going to eventually get all of their cds, but, being 13 and not having that much of a wealthy family, im a bit short on cash. my favorite song is accolade, then communion and the oracle, then king of terrors, then smoke and mirrors. i was wondering, judging by that information, what albums you'd reccomend me purchasing foremost. any other information i might wanna know would be great....email me if youd like at Ironmaiden91@comcast.net

Cheers!
//greg \m/

No-Mercy said:
man. my friends uncle introduced me to symphony x just before christmas. I LOVE THEM!! i can't wait to get some of their albums!!. i was surprised that (to my knowledge) these guys are from america!! the bands i like are normally from sweden, england and there abouts. i think one of my favorite songs by them so far is The Accolade, its just amazing. as is every song ive heard so far. i cant wait to see them live. anyway, i wanted a little help from the fans, or the band if they come on here at all. i am going to eventually get all of their cds, but, being 13 and not having that much of a wealthy family, im a bit short on cash. my favorite song is accolade, then communion and the oracle, then king of terrors, then smoke and mirrors. i was wondering, judging by that information, what albums you'd reccomend me purchasing foremost. any other information i might wanna know would be great....email me if youd like at Ironmaiden91@comcast.net

Cheers!
//greg \m/

buy divine wings of tragedy and the odyessy first. cant go wrong with those they each have a 20+ minute kickass epic that your sure to love.i still cant decide which one is my favorite.

btw: welcome to the forum, and be sure to look at my sig.

buy Divine Wings of Tragedy first...then, get a kick-ass job, and buy the rest of them all at once...then, buy 8 cd players for really cheap, pop each cd into one cd player, and blast them all at once (Symphony X, Damnation Game, DVOT, Twilight in Olympus, Prelude to the Millenium, V, Live on the Edge of Forever, and The Odyssey), and prepare to make a mess...if you catch my drift ;)

Hey man, welcome to the forum.

I know the feeling of discovering Symphony X, haha. They damn near took over my life a few years ago when I first got into them.

'V' and 'The Divine Wings Of Tragedy' are my favorites, but every album but the first is awesome.

Again I'll have to recommend their 2-disk live album, it has a little bit of everything and I might add it totally kicks ass.

just like everyone else said..divine wings of tragedy would be a good choice.
and welcome to the forum!..its great to see younger people getting into SymphonyX...it gives me great hope for the future of music!

is there a reason you're thinkin about not getting them all? cuz there shouldnt be. im sure you'll be impressed by all the cds, SX has a lot to offer. oh, and welcome to the forum.

ahhhh yes..............so the progression begins, first youll be lured to symh x, then realize that they are catagorized in the genre of prog/power metal and then youll wonder "whats prog metal?" and then youll find out who dream theater is, and then from there youll find out about nonmetal prog bands such as spock's beard, rush and jethro tull and king crimson. you may not see yourself listening to nonmetal bands now but trust me that day will come. dont worry though youll still like symph x and iron maiden, but as you grow older your tastes in music will expand.
once again welcome not only to symphx but to prog metal in general.

I agree with what arglebargle sez. Used to overply SymX cds in my player, till I discovered Rhapsody, PoS, Evergrey, and SunCaged. Every now and then, I play TDWoT for a lil variation. and it's all good. ^_^

welcome :wave: its great to see new people with this kind of enthusiasm for the band. it's not often you get that, certainly not something you find much in daily life.

btw back on the long time no see (other thread), I havent seen you in ages Strychnos I hope youve been well.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
youll wonder "whats prog metal?" and then youll find out who dream theater is

Dream Theater isnt Prog Metal =/ .

Welcome to the boards, Welcome to SX etc.

Alright, for SX albums, the Big 3: Divine Wings, Odyssey and V are the main 3 that most people love/associate SX with. After that, take your pick minus the self-titled which has the production quality of me taking a shit in a jewel case and shrinkwrapping it, but any of the remaining albums, pick them up in any order, you're guaranteed to love them. Honestly, sans the S/T because of the production, I haven't heard a SINGLE unlistenable SX song, PERIOD.

Rock. \m/

Oh, just saw your sig. Im a fellow drummer, 16 myself. What kind of drums you got? How long you'v ebeen playing, exp etc.? v01c35 is a fellow drummer, I think hes 17, and he smokes the hell out of me (wait for his bands album to come out, sick stuff...)

SilentRealm: thanks very much for the welcome. ^_^ I've been good, in more ways than one. harhar.

as for Dream Theater, well...they're prog rock at best, and may show leaning to the direction of prog metal progressions(excuse the pun..I'm outta words), but they're just that: rock. If there's anything I've learned from hanging out at this forum, much more at this site, it's that there're worlds of difference from DT and, oh say, SymX.