Don't want Symphony X to get heavier....

1)If you read my post you'll see that I say that I like heaviness... but don't want to lose the prog-symphonic factor... Just that

I did read your post, but you're obviously missing the point.

2)Of course it was a joke... because it doesn't make sense the fact that you are asking me to stop listening to them. I like the mix of prog-symphonic elements and heaviness that Symphony X always had and I don't want "just heavy" tracks.

I'm not asking you to stop listening to them :rolleyes:. You're saying that (in your opinion) The Odyssey is too heavy, right? (something wich I find hard to beleive) the point is that SyX can do whatever they want to do. If they decide on the future to make heavier music, there's no need to start a thread every time they release a new album entitled ''SyX new album is far too heavy''. If you don't like the heaviness of The Odyssey, don't listen to it.

So you're point is: "If you don't like the new heavy material don't listen to it but shut up your mouth, because there is no space here for different opinions or critics"

Dude, chill out. You're obviously trying too hard to prove me wrong or something. What i'm saying is that there's no need to start a thread every time that you are disappointed by an album. You didn't like the heaviness of the album? fine, carry on. You're in no position to discuss the decisions that the band make (no offense) if they want to make a heavier album, that's up to them. If you don't like it, wait for the next release.

Do you understand now?

Spellbound said:
Well, I don't like to be critic about one of my favorite bands... but, don't you think the new sound of the band is... far too heavy? I mean... where's the melody? where's the prog/symphonic factor? where's the keyboards/piano? Ok, we have "Accolade II", "Awakenings" and "The Oddysey", which are amazing, but... what about the others? I'm not very happy about that... I want Symphony X being themselves, not trying to sell more on the heavy metal business...

Do you share my thought? :loco:
The Melody?? Inferno is the best song that combined melody with heaviness specially in the chorus.

When i got The Oddysey i was angry too, becouse there is a lack of keybords in the two first songs (Inferno and Wicked ) but you need to understand Romeo wrote the 80% of the songs, so this album is focused on guitars, i dont know why Pinellla didnt participate in the creation process this time, becouse after T Miller left the band, Pinella and Romeo were the thinking heads in "V".

Honestly man, I hate burning people on BB's like this, but what the fuck are you talkin about?? Have you ever been to a Symphony X show? Have you ever seen em play Inferno or Wicked or King of Terrors? Those songs are fucking amazing on the album, and 10X better live!!! They give you a feeling that doesnt compare to anything else, which is why Symphony X beats the hell out of supreme musical beings like Dream Theater, where all you can do is sit back & 'watch' the music and say to yourself 'wow, thats really fuckin hard to do'

It doesnt matter if its super musically complicated or sounds like a Castlevania game, all that matters is it gets the fists pumping in the air and people jumping around and screaming, thats what fucking metal is all about. And also, the first person who'll agree w/ me on that is fucking Romeo himself! *I had a really long convo with him outside the show in Brooklyn a month or so ago about it*

Another point, look at songs like Of Sins & Shadows and Damnation Game & stuff like that, its all nice & heavy! SyX can get as heavy as they damn well please, and Im gonna keep going to every show I can get to for as long as they stay fucking METAL!

thats all for now, sorry man

DrumRman said:
Your opinion sucks.

lol.gif

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Dude, chill out. You're obviously trying too hard to prove me wrong or something. What i'm saying is that there's no need to start a thread every time that you are disappointed by an album. You didn't like the heaviness of the album? fine, carry on. You're in no position to discuss the decisions that the band make (no offense) if they want to make a heavier album, that's up to them. If you don't like it, wait for the next release.

Do you understand now?

I'm not trying anything. I'm just asking if I can share my opinion without getting a lack of respect from certain people here...

It doesnt matter if its super musically complicated or sounds like a Castlevania game, all that matters is it gets the fists pumping in the air and people jumping around and screaming, thats what fucking metal is all about

To me, music is much more than that. It's not about getting complicated but to receive a lot of different feelings while hearing a song. Ok, we have different ways of enjoying the music... No problem about that. Thanks for your manners (that others seem to have lost). It's nice to discuss that way

look at songs like Of Sins & Shadows and Damnation Game & stuff like that, its all nice & heavy!

But still keep the piano/keyboards/prog-symphonic factor. They're not just heavy. The problem is that Pinnella hasn't almost composed on this album

Here's my two cents. It's fine if someone thinks The Odyssey is too heavy, or doesn't have enough of the symphonic stuff. There's nothing wrong with having different tastes and a preference for a certain thing. I love the keyboards and symphonic sounds, but songs like Inferno and King of Terrors are so good just as they are, that I don't long for those particular songs to be more symphonic. But that's just me. I do think it's kind of odd to say that "only" Accolade II, Awakenings, and The Odyssey are like that, considering The Odyssey is 24 minutes long. Those three songs are over half the length of the disc.

What I do take issue with is implying that the band sold out by suggesting they created a heavier album to get more fans. There's no indication of that whatsoever. The Odyssey isn't exactly the kind of music that tops the charts. V was *so* symphonic, and it was so amazing, that perhaps they felt too immersed in it. Maybe they wanted to try something new and not get burned out.

Some thoughts...

1. Making an album heavier by removing keyboards was a daring idea. Probably someone doesn't like it. I personally cannot say that I don't like it but I think I would prefer not so few keyboards.

That's for all who say things like :"Your opinion sucks" etc.
2. Don't be fetishists. You look like a mamma defending her dounce son, not thinking about who's right. Symphony X is not a fetish , not a doll. If someone don't like some feature in their music, he don't want to offend YOU.

3. I really hate such things as musical cliche. Prog-symphonic-metal.. A band is melodic-death-doom-thrash with influence of true black... Well , you know all about this band! You don't even have to listen to their music! :rolleyes: There are lots of heavy bands. And a lot of progressive bands. But there is only one band called Symphony X and only one band that produce music I really love.

4. If you don't like their increased heaviness, I don't think you have to worry. They didn't unlearn to make songs like "Awakenings", "Accolade"... So, in their new releases I AM sure you will find something for you.

5. I don't think it would be better if they released an album called "VI - A newest mythology suite" with all following consequences. Having decided to do something different they proved that they didn't want to get caught in an endless loop and didn't want to stop their music evolution.

6. Resume. Stop this senseless flame and listen to music. Make love not war :D

edit:
p.s. sorry for bad language, it's 2:23 A.M. and I want to sleep :zzz:

i really love the heavier songs. When I first listened The Oddysey, I started (of course) with Inferno. My reaction: :OMG:

Russells voice really fits that kind of music and when they did that one live.... man, I was thrilled!

Harrald

viking1065 said:
ok everybody just agree, symphony x always comes through with a kick ass record, heavy, prog whatever it is always better than anything else out

AMEN! Lets all quit the feudin n the fussin, we'll end up with the metal sect, the symphonic sect, the vocal sect, the guitars sect etc. We dont wanna be like the catholic church, looked how they turned out.

.I think they are beautiful right where they are at. It's really very hard to say my favorite album, but I think it would have to be The Odyssey. I don't think they have changed much, but that's just my opinion. Just new songs, always putting out great stuff. If there was a change though, then I would like for them to keep that change, cause I love it.