I'm stoned and need some DM recs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if your stoned, listen to Six Feet Under's "4:20".
weed1.gif

Golem - Eternity: The Weeping Horizons
Torchure - The Essence
Funebre - Children of the Scorn

Not really new, but often overlooked DM classics.

Yes, it absolutely does. One of the most brutal, "no holds barred", old school DM excursions I'VE ever heard.

It also had some crazy random parts that made you go "WHAT THE FUCK", and that's why it is classic.

Glad to see someone else with taste around here, plus you're my age, and I had no idea. Haha.

It's like what would've been created if somebody had punched Therion in the face just before they wrote their early stuff. It's quite brutal, yet coherent and intelligent. DM riffs/vocals don't get much better than theirs, either.

I only ever get two reactions to my age:
1. OMG you're 15?!?! You'Re WeLL SMART! GEEk!!
2. Haha, you're 15, come back when you've outgrown your Slipknot pants kid.

So I tend to avoid mentioning it.

Their vocals are insane. The part in Drowning in Blood where the vocals come in with the huge "GGUURRRRRAAAGGHHHHH" is the coolest thing ever.

About age. I don't think it should matter. I've been into metal for one damn year, and some people can't believe that. How did I do it? I just went out looking for good stuff on M-A. Just random searches. I've been through all sorts of phases (like the one where I liked nothing but brutal death and goregrind, where my old UM name came from). I'm currently on a huge black metal and stoner/sludge kick.

I could do without the organ intro, heh, but yes, Schizophrenia is possibly my favourite on the album, with Baphomet just behind. I wouldn't normally ask but I'm seriously bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.