Need some ORIGINAL bands...

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
I'm getting tired of coming across loads of bands that don't do anything new for the genre, anybody got some reccommendations for "different" bands? Stick with BM/DM/avant-garde/variants please.

!T.O.O.H.! - Pod Vladou Bice (chaotic grind)
Cephalectomy - Eclipsing the Dawn (schizophrenic grind)
Carnival In Coal - Fear not OR Collection Prestige (avant-garde)
Frantic Bleep - The Sense Apparatus
Augury - Concealed (melodic technical death/black)
Disembarkation - Rancorous Observision (eerie death metal)
Winter Bestowed - Within my Labyrinthine Heart (technical/melodical death/black)

I second The Sense Apparatus from Frantic Bleep wholeheartedly.

Check out the Sleepytime Gorilla Museum if you need something bizarre and original. Also, check out anything by Ved Buens Ende and Fleurety.

and Axis of Perdition

Fear Factory is very original; I've not been able to find ANY band that sounds even similar to them.
I have to say Ministry, also, even though their vocals sound like Metallica.
Also, Devildriver, Coal Chamber (even though they have the same vocalist), and especially Dragonforce. Their stuff blows me away with the speed and intensity, yet a good melodic tone still remains in each of their songs.

Did you say Coal Chamber,Devildriver are original ?

LOL

wow

arc_avalo said:
Fear Factory is very original; I've not been able to find ANY band that sounds even similar to them.
Also, Devildriver, Coal Chamber (even though they have the same vocalist), and especially Dragonforce. Their stuff blows me away with the speed and intensity, yet a good melodic tone still remains in each of their songs.

...Fear Factory isn't the only one to make that sound, and that sound is hardly original. Starting to sound get old if you ask me

arc_avalo said:
get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out

sooo much hate on the newbies...WHERE THE LOVE?! I HAD A DREAM!....

Anyways, Agalloch - Death\Doom Metal.....wow is all I have to say

Catamenia - Black Metal....I like em and so should you

Profanum

On their latest release, "Aeternum - Eminence of Satanic Imperial Art", there is only classical instruments and black metal vocals. It didn't blow me away, but it was certainly interesting to hear how they'd put it together. Recommended. Their first, "Flowers of Our Black Misanthropy", is more black metal-ish, but still have some of the classical-ness that would become more apparent later on. I prefer that one. Those are the only two I've heard of them.

Disclaimer: The first song on "Flowers of Our Black Misanthropy" have some really, really, really horrible whispered vocals.