Immortal!!!

Wow yeah after listening to Touched by the Mara for the millionth time,it's definitely my favorite in this album,the guitar at the beginning is hypnotising and the soft parts when the keyboard and drum slowly creeps in...damnit i'm getting chills just thinking about it! :D

And bravo to Jonah especially on Legacy in a Rhyme,simply beautiful,kinda has a Shadow Gallery tone to it.

i have to add that LEGACY IN A RHYME is the most beautiful song ever made.
Yeah, it's a truly great ballad. A lot of times ballads bore me or are just OK, but this one I really enjoy :)

@muzmaze, I can't say I'm surprised the Pistons lost...they've been so Jeckyll & Hyde these playoffs, same with years past, you never know which team is gonna show up. Right now I'm trying to get over the fact that my Red Wings were 30+ seconds away from winning the Stanley Cup, but blew it. But they have two more chances at redemption.

@The Wicked One, nah never got into Death Angel...power/prog are my main vices.

YEAH, PYRAMAZE RULE!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Michael, Jonah, Morten, Niels, Toke & Matt, you've all done an unbelievably great job!

Thank you for this masterpiece!

I eventually got my copy yesterday. I began to read the lyrics on my way home and became more and more excited. Then I cranked up the volume of my cd-player and started to listen... and I was surprised as soon as Year Of The Phoenix passed the four-minute-mark, not what I had expected! Ghost Light neither... and the other six new songs as well... they all sound different than I had expected them to sound after reading several reviews and knowing the two samples. BUT, EACH OF THESE TRACKS IS AWESOME!!!

Why the hell is everyone saying Pyramaze sound like Iced Earth? Only Matt makes me think of Iced Earth, but he is hardly ever singing in high registers though. In my opinion he has never been that powerful in Iced Earth! I never heard such keyboard sounds in Iced Earth, neither keyboard solos nor breaks like that in Year Of The Phoenix, Caramon's Poem or Shadow Of The Beast! Pyramaze still have their trademarks that make them different from all other bands. The whole intro of Ghost Light for example reminds me of Children Of Bodom but I'd never say that Ghost Light could be a song of this band. Pyramze of course have their influences but in the end they only sound like Pyramaze!

I'm listening to Immortal non-stop and with each run I notice some more amazing details. And as said in one of the reviews there are only two points to criticise:
1. only eight songs
2. we'll probably never get new songs of Pyramaze with Matt :cry:

But besides that, IMMORTAL ROCKS from the first to the last second! :headbang:

By the way: the live bonus tracks are great as well! They make me want to see you guys live even more! Hope to get the chance some day!

Your MVP?

-as much as I like Matt's perfomance...

-Jonah's work gives me the fuckin chills...'march through...' and 'legacy'...are highlites!

-Morten is fuckin brilliant, and his sound and production was what I was most looking forward to, and he delivered...

-Neils is killer on bass...

-Toke has given new meaning to a great metal / rock solo...

-I have to go with Mike! His song writing is once again superb...and his rhythm playing (very overlooked) is more diverse and better than anything he has ever done!

... all this and I have yet to hear this cd on my home stereo or in my car stereo...can't wait!

I agree. I think every member of the band did amazingly well on this album. It's impossible to pick one who did a better job than the rest.

After many spins, I can conclude this album fucking rocks (if it wasn't obvious already). My favorite track so far... it might be ''The Highland''. I just love folky like tunes haha. But seriously, great songs. The only downside is that the album feels a little bit too short - I kind of miss a lenthy 8 minute plus epic track haha, but ah well, you can't have it all :D

So, after finishing the album I'm actually craving for more. That's a good thing. The thought of this being Barlow's first and last performace is a bit saddening though :-/ BUT I trust Pyramaze, I'm sure they can find a new great vocalist.

'March Through And Endless...' is the most epic thing Pyramaze has ever done! Now I have only heard this on Youtube. Is this the fadeout instrumental at the end of the cd?
It is better than any epic soundtrack movie shit that I have ever heard.

God damn right it is... Arise gives me fucking Goosebumps every time.

I just found 'ARISE' (@amazon-german website), and agree totally!
Still waiting for my US release, I'll order thru cdinzane.com. Someone mentioned that site for orders and I 've used cdinzane before...good prices and delivery.