Immortal!!!

I saw an eagle flying across my head this morning on my way to work (it's along a riverside) and I listened to A Beautiful Death.

Can you imagine this UNBELIEVABLE feeling!!!

Now I love the song even more.

Yeah the Keyboard solo is goosebumps worthy:D

You know i really love the instrumental tracks,it really calms me down while i draw.

Well my imported digipack FINALLY showed up in the mail this morning (Ok, so it didn't take THAT long but it sure felt like 100 years or so). I've been listening to it all fucking day :kickass:. I was just reading through the lyrics in the booklet and noticed that Shadow Of The Beast is about the beast of Gévaudan, and that has got to be one of the coolest fucking ideas for a song EVER :heh:.

Well my imported digipack FINALLY showed up in the mail this morning (Ok, so it didn't take THAT long but it sure felt like 100 years or so). I've been listening to it all fucking day :kickass:. I was just reading through the lyrics in the booklet and noticed that Shadow Of The Beast is about the beast of Gévaudan, and that has got to be one of the coolest fucking ideas for a song EVER :heh:.

For real!?
How the hell did that slip by me??
Freaking cool!i'm gonna enjoy the track even more now that i know that it's about a wolf:D

Got mine today from darkness.de, but I didn't wanna say anything about until I recieved it. :D

Oh yeah, this is worth the (high) price I paid for the order. All the songs obliterate but my two personal highs would have to be 'Ghost Light' and 'A Beautiful Death' <-- which I didn't realize Matt wrote the lyrics to until today. I'm sure he appreciated the freedom for his input. Awesome awesome.

Oh and you're welcome, Jonah (in response to his 'thank you' to the forum). :)

*goes to recommence headbanging of the hardest order!!*

Ok so after quite a lot of listenings (and I mean a LOT!! lol) I can finally give my opinion about this new album Immortal.
I think you guys achieved quite a memorable disc with this new one.
I can honestly say that I have never been a huge fan of Lance King's voice (no doubt he's a good singer but just not my taste) which kinda held me back a little bit on the first two records.

With Matt (who is one my all time favorite singer) into the picture, things are obviously very different. He brought what I think lacked the most on MB and LOTBC: ballsy and raging vocals yet very melodic and full of emotion. His delivery on the album is out of this world, I mean I could go into an hour long discussion about how awesome his voice sounds. Just pure gold and most probably his best performance up until now (which says a lot).
Obviously the singing is not the only important thing in an album like this, but I think it's the key element that make the real difference.

Musically, I would say that the album is a typical Pyramaze record, meaning that the sound is very close to what you can hear on LOTBC, maybe a tad heavier and darker, but not that much actually. The playing is absolutely top notch, every member bring exactly what the songs require, and don't go into an overplaying mode which is good. (and yes I am a Dream theater fan too lol!)
The songs are all powerful and emotionally intense, and the chemistry between the style of the songs and Matt's voice is surprisingly magic! All songs are very solid and no fillers can be found. My personal favorite is The Highland, although A beautiful death (300 yea!!) and Shadow of the beast are very close.
My only concern would be the mix, who sometimes bring the keyboards a little bit too much into the picture, drowning the voice and the guitars. But hey Jonah nothing against your performance which I think is stellar! (especially on Legacy in a rhyme)
Overall I think the album came out great, and it's just too bad that this collaboration will be the only one. There is a real strong chemistry going on here, and I hope that you guys will find the perfect vocalist to "replace" Matt.
Urban Breed would be great, I love his voice, and he would fit well indeed!

Your MVP?

-as much as I like Matt's perfomance...

-Jonah's work gives me the fuckin chills...'march through...' and 'legacy'...are highlites!

-Morten is fuckin brilliant, and his sound and production was what I was most looking forward to, and he delivered...

-Neils is killer on bass...

-Toke has given new meaning to a great metal / rock solo...

-I have to go with Mike! His song writing is once again superb...and his rhythm playing (very overlooked) is more diverse and better than anything he has ever done!

... all this and I have yet to hear this cd on my home stereo or in my car stereo...can't wait!

PYRAMAZE and Matt is a perfect match!!! :worship: I can't listen to anything else at the moment. And still I love the album more and more with every run. So much power and emotion, unbelievably awesome!

To pick out just one is impossible, Pyramaze is so much greater than the sum of its parts... everyone has done a great job! Thanx guys! :headbang:

I was watching the movie 300 again the other nite, great movie btw...the band mentioned the title of the song 'Beautiful Death' was taken from a quote in the movie. I wonder if the cd title ('IMMORTAL') was also brought on by the movie 300...many references of immortality, or being immortal, etc are mentioned throughout the movie.

I just bought Immortal *beams proudly* :) The End doesn't have it yet, CD Universe is backordered, CD Inzane and CM Distro with shipping both totaled $17 (CM Distro charges $4 shipping now, WTF?), so I got it from good ole Laser CD ($14 + $2.20 shipping).

Out of curiosity, is there a digipak version of Immortal?

Out of curiosity, is there a digipak version of Immortal?

Yeah, there is one! It includes two (actually three) bonus tracks recorded live in Denmark with Lance on vocals:

(Era of Chaos)
The Birth
What Lies Beyond

It's a pity we'll never know what the old songs would sound like with Matt...

I just got my copy of Immortal, and all I can say is wow! Easily one of the best metal albums on '08. Hope we see more of this line up!