Immortal

Getting black metal for Christmas, something about that just doesn't sit right with me. If you wanna do anything black metal on Christmas just listen to it and don't celebrate or better yet torch some churches, but celebrating it with gifts of satanic metal?
Funny you should mention that. My parents are all christian and shit, so I asked mostly for a bunch of nonmetal ones or ones that had no evil titles this year. Somehow a couple years ago I received Stormblast MMV though, and it has a big upside down jesus on the back. Still trying to figure that one out...

Funny you should mention that. My parents are all christian and shit, so I asked mostly for a bunch of nonmetal ones or ones that had no evil titles this year. Somehow a couple years ago I received Stormblast MMV though, and it has a big upside down jesus on the back. Still trying to figure that one out...
I remember you telling me that, I'd like some Mayhem, Deicide, God Dethroned, and Immortal. I'll probably ask for a Pantera and Metallica CD.

Immortal is hands down my favorite black metal band of all time. They seem the most straight forward of that genre as well, rejecting massive amounts of symphonic CRAP thrown into their albums in exchange for pure, raw, energy. I have all of their studio releases and even though I catch heat for this, I prefer their last three over the first four, and I'm hoping the new one picks up where Sons left off. I also enjoyed Abbath's I as well, kinda cool for a black-rock-type thing.

I Damned in Black and Sons of Northern Darkness isn't very good. And even certain sections in Battles in the North and At the Heart of Winter bore with redudancy.

Holy shit those are my preferred three, lol. I go for the better produced stuff over that tin can production any day. BITN has to be listened to on headphones or it just sounds like ass.

As far as I've herd they have zero satanic or anti-Christianity lyrics so has anybody read anything about what their opinions are on these subjects? I've always assumed since their a black metal band that they subscribe to the usual philosophy but I've never herd it right from their mouths.

In diabolical fullmoon mysticism, there is brief reference to Satan and whatnot, but as far as I know thats the only album. I read in an interview with Abbath somewhere about how people expect black metal bands to be Satanic or something, I just remember he said something to the effect of "Satan is more important than music? Fuck that."

IMMORTAL believe in the hollow void of godlessness, along with atmospheric realms of darkness that create black worlds within the mind. SOND has been out forever now, doesn't look like the new album will be out in time this year like announced by them.... but they are slow when making albums

FINAL IMMORTAL SHOW OF THE YEAR:
November 7: Oslo (N), Screamfest

And they didnt perform =(

from the band:
"
First of all, the security in the hall was not very good. At first, they wanted us to
perform without crash barriers in front of the stage, which could have been an even
worse situation because of the pyrotechnics on stage. After that was taken care of,
we had the final confirmation that the fire alarm system was disconnected, and we
would not face any problems due to this. Our pyrotechnics effects were approved
by the fire department, we had invested a lot of money into this show, and really
wanted to give our fans a special evening.

Literally minutes before the band is ready to walk to the stage, the fire alarm goes
off, and the building gets evacuated. Half an hour later, our manager is told to come
to a meeting with the venue staff, and he’s given the information that we’re denied
to use any kind of smoke, flames or other pyrotechnical effects.

We discussed whether we should still play the show or not, but we decided that
enough was enough. The venue staff had caused problems for us all day, and
concluded by blatantly lying and disregarding written agreements and signed
contracts, thus making the conditions to deliver a proper Immortal show totally
unacceptable.

The way it was, we had three factors working against us: a totally incomplete visual
experience of Immortal, we would have had to cut almost half of our set, and we would
have caused Keep Of Kalessin and Sodom to cut their sets short.

We know a lot of you are disappointed and angry because of our decision,
which we did not make lightly. We will try to make this up to you in one way or another.

We will be back next year with a new album and tours in 2009 and 2010.

Our manager had the venue sign a document where they acknowledged that they are to
blame for this disaster, and are obliged to refund parts of the ticket to all who bought a ticket for the show."

Well, cant wait for a new album from the sons of northern darkness.

l_1be1436977ed46351aee748168823f2e.jpg