In Defense Of Killswitch...

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
I must ask why do most of you guys hate them so? To me I see this whole thing as a second wave of the BIG FOUR. I LOVE KILLSWITCH AND IM NOT AN EMO OR HARDCORE KID.

Do you guys see how this works?
83- 85 METALLICA, ANTRHAX, MEGADETH, SLAYER
89- 91 ( I HATE GRUNGE) NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, SOUND GARDEN, ALICE N CHAINS
95- 97 KORN, DISTURBED, LIMP DICK, MUDVAYNE
97-01 New Found GLory, Simple Plan, Good CHarlotte, Blink 182
2001-03
AMERICA= KILLSWITCH , SHADOWS FALL, GOD FORBID and LAMB OF GOD
SWEDEN= DARK TRANQUILITY, SOILWORK, INFLAMES, AND MESHUGGAH or the HAUNTED

ANYWAY YOU GUYS NEED TO ENJOY IT NOW BECAUSE WE only get METAL every TEN TO 15 YEARS OR SO BECAUSE EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN SUCKS We had to wait almost 15 years before we could get good bands to do more tours. If you guys want to complain about this music so much go back to the 90's when rap boomed and metal sucked ass. Well AMERICAN METAL ANYWAY. I know all of the SWEDISH bands were around in the early and mid 90's but they werent Touring here. We had to get plane tickets and rent a car to see them.

Yeah, that was fucking pointless dude. I will have to defend Killswitch tho, there is just as much talent in that band as in In Flames, and Killswitch hasnt decided to put out albums that sound like Korn yet. Id reccomened you give them a listen, their lyircs are kind of odd for the music they play (happy uplifting stuff) but the riffs are brutal, drums are sick, and the guitarists do very intense hamonies.

GOOD METAL RUNS IN CYCLES AND IF PEOPLE THINK THESE BANDS IN 01 to 03 that got big suck then go back to the nineties when music was really bad. ALso yeah I love KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. ELEMENT OF ONE I THINK IS ONE OF THE BEST METAL SONGS IN THE LAST 10 YEARS HANDS DOWN.

OMFG! USING THE CAPS LOCK IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

ok i cant resist to point out how stupid you are, slayer 83-85? what? divine intervention, diaboulous and seasons dont exist or something? and justice for all was 88
next point, 1997 good charlotte and simple plan? those guys have been around for like a year tops,
next point
in flames have been around since before 1997, at the gates hit their peak in 96

Geeze You People Need More Deductive Reason Skills. Figure Things Out Or Have You Done Smoked Yourself Retarded. SOme of you obviously have no concept of the BIg Four. I wonder some times If some of you even know anything about metal or if your just so fucking stupid and cant figure out what someones talking about. Your interaction with other human beings boggles my mind. Not all of you but some who dont agree with a point or miss it all together and automatically LETS FLAME THE FUCKER. How old are you???I just dont get the aggresion over everything and dont say ITS BECAUSE YOUR POINTS MAKE NO SENSE. READ IT FUCKING TWICE UNTIL YOU GET IT OR JUST ASK. BESIDES I DONT LIKE SLAYER. TOTALLY OVERRATED. YEAH YEAH WHATEVER I DONT CARE WHAT KINDA OF FLAME BITCHING WILL ENSUE.

Killswitch Engage is awesome. I say this, and I still like bands like Suffocation and Cannibal Corpse...I dont give a shit if theyre emo or hardcore or whatever...they have sick ass riffs and drums. People seriously need to stop giving em a bad rep cause they are good god damnit!!!

THE BEST GROUP OF 4 I EVER LIKED:

tn_ajse_samp_0006.jpg

Does it really matter if a band is emo or not? I don't think it does. Actually, i don't really consider killswitch to be all that emo, yeah their lyrics actually have meanings, unlike some bands, *cough* slipknot *cough*, but anyways, killswitch is a very good live band, i just recently saw them at the showbox theatre in down town seattle, washington with In-Flames and As I Lay Dying, and i have to say, although In Flames is a kick ass band, they are not that great live, A.I.L.D. was better and they were the opener! but killswitch is the best band i have heard in recent years. and i bought the new cd the day it came out and it really kicks ass :loco:

hey just because i'm 15 doesn't mean that i don't have good taste in music, i've been playing the guitar for 5 years and i know a thing or two about music and music theory, and their so called "12 second riffs" are actually better put together than most other bands out there

oh and btw, AILD is not a bad opening band, they actually are pretty good, if they get "all the 15 year old kids jumping" then isn't that what an opening band is supposed to do? aren't they supposed to warm up the crowd and get ready for the headliner? if i am wrong then please...correct me

Thats fine if you wanna go see Sum 41. I dont want to see a crowd full of spiky hair kids jumping up and down at all possible times to In Flames. Its just not right.

Good for you if you've been playing that long. I've been playing longer than you've been alive actually. So what? Means dick really. You could play for 40 yeas and still fucking suck. Look at Jerry Garcia.