In Defense Of Killswitch...

anonymousnick-crackhead.jpg

I can't stand the whole new wave of generic american metal. It's worse than grunge, pop punk and nu metal.
Jesus my hate for it. The bands that look the same, play the same, act the same, dress the same, write the same, you get the idea.

Your not cool unless you use double bass, it's just another standard, as with growling (and dont forget the singing chorus).

The only band I can listen to from it is God Forbid, and that's because they are half decent.

Killswitch are a decent band compared to the rest (As I lay dying, everytime I die, something must die - do you see a pattern here? ).

Entire Post Went Right Over Everyones Fucking Head. Its Unbelievable The Deductive Reason Skills Of Some Of You Guys. Jesus Just Pretend This Was Never Posted Obviously Theres Nobody Older Then 30 Here Who Could See What The Fuck Im Talking About, I Dont Know Whether To Be Ashamed Or Not For I Thought Metalheads Were A Little More Intellectual But Obviously I Was Severly Mistaken, Instead Of Analyzing Anything And Reading It You Guys Take The Initial Reaction And Flame Away. Theres No Understanding Or Comprehension At All Among You Guys. I Guess It Really Doesnt Matter But I Was Just Totally Blown Away By Some Of You Guys Comments And Replies. Im Done With This Shit.MAYBE NEXT TIME ILL TYPE THINGS IN SMALL SHORT SENTENCES TO GET THE POINT ACROSS. MAYBE SOME OF YOU DID UNDERSTAND BUT THIS WAS ALL ABOUT THE ERAS OF MUSIC AND WHAT WAS COMING OUT AT THE TIME. BUT NOBODY FUCKING GOT IT.
Typing Like This Is Very Annoying To Read. I can see what your talking about, but I can't agree that the whole shit American metal thing starting up is going to be the new metal era that happened in the 80's. It's the new mainstream metal, but that won't last for long either when people get bored of Double Bass players and Growling vocals with singing chorus's.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY, you have really weak grasp of metal history, right? Your 'waves of music' idea holds no water, and is often chronologically incorrect. If anything, the groups you have posted are bands who are grouped together by mainstream media outlet and sold to naive kiddies at the same time as all new and exciting, regardless of how long they've been together. The big four sounds like a dumbass American concept to make life nice, predictable and boring, and to make sure that no-one strays too far from the safe constraints of mainstream rock (ugh). We only get metal every 10-15 years? Please.

Kids are getting smarter to metal and old guys are more close-minded? Well, no. There is always a trendy metal scene, where the kids are convinced that they're being so alternative and different, but it's just as hollow, mindless and production line friendly as the likes of Linkin Park and Evanescence. Some old guys are close minded, but think about this; the old guys were exactly where you are now a few years ago, and can see the exact same things going on that were going on when they were younger. The sounds and the names are different, but the intent of these second rate performers is identical. All that's left is for the latest generation of wankers is to go the way of Coal Chamber and DIE (but like Coal Chamber 'luminaries' of the genre are likely to pop up, surfing the wave of the next trend).

PS - David411, how could ATG hit their peak a year after their last album?

Devillicus said:
There is always a trendy metal scene, where the kids are convinced that they're being so alternative and different, but it's just as hollow, mindless and production line friendly as the likes of Linkin Park and Evanescence.
This trendy metal scene of yours, where people all listen to hollow, mindless music... You do realise that these people just have a different taste in music to you? You make it sound as if they're doing something wrong. I hate to break it to you, but your opinion is far from definitive. Some people LIKE music that you might call "mindless".

Moonshield said:
This trendy metal scene of yours, where people all listen to hollow, mindless music... You do realise that these people just have a different taste in music to you? You make it sound as if they're doing something wrong. I hate to break it to you, but your opinion is far from definitive. Some people LIKE music that you might call "mindless".

I'm not slagging off people for having different musical taste from me, what I presented was exactly what you said, an opinion. If you like mindless music that's up to you, but don't expect me not to trash it, because that is what I think of it. Personally I prefer substance over style, but to each their own. :D

You should have the maturity to shut the fuck up and only share your opinion where it's absolutely necessary. Telling people off for their tastes is infantile and quite faggoty to do over the internet. Go tell a 400-pound 6-foot-tall Korn fan his fave band sucks and subsequently taste your own testicles. Then let's see if you "have the stones" to post here.

If we all shared our opinion where it was absolutely necessary, internet forums wouldn't exist. I still fail to see where I've actually told anyone off for their taste in music though, I might have pointed out the original topic poster's lack of knowledge in musical history, but I'm not the only one who has done that!

The only people I've targeted are the bands themselves and if you're getting worked up about that, you have far bigger problems. I wouldn't tell a 400lb Korn fan that his fave band sucks, because I don't mind Korn. (but hey, if the cunt weighs 400lbs he couldn't catch me to lay a finger on me :D ) They were ORIGINAL when they started doing their thing, and I totally respect that.

I target KE because they are the topic involved here. (in case anyone actually remembers) They might be somewhat original, but I just don't like them.

Devilicus said:
I target KE because they are the topic involved here. (in case anyone actually remembers) They might be somewhat original, but I just don't like them.
If you'd said it that way from the beginning, everything would have been okay.