In Flames - Clayman (Guess the Amp)

poidaobi

Held in Hollows
Mar 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
In Flames - Clayman

Aint "Guess the amp" threads so fun.

Nah. Im new to programming Drums and needs some tips on improving my Drum Programming Ability.

I like my Snare and Kick (I used samples people were kind enough to snare on the board).

But I personally think some of Hats and Crashes are pretty nasty. So what can I do to improve. (where can i get crash/hat samples. I only seem to be able to get kick/snares) I including Guitar and bass so you see how it sounds in a band setting.

Finding good crashes/hihats is difficult, because even getting them to sound good when programmed takes a very very very big amount of work. Just see Drumkit from Hell. Everything else in them (all various versions + Ez Drummer) sound really good, but the hihats and crashes still sound extremely fake, even after all these years they have spent working on the program.

See where I'm getting? ;)

Torniojaws said:
Finding good crashes/hihats is difficult, because even getting them to sound good when programmed takes a very very very big amount of work. Just see Drumkit from Hell. Everything else in them (all various versions + Ez Drummer) sound really good, but the hihats and crashes still sound extremely fake, even after all these years they have spent working on the program.

See where I'm getting? ;)

Ehh, I think were at the point were its sound pretty damn good. Trust I am just as anal about cymbals and hi-hats that programmed as anyone else but given the depth of DKFH I have been able to pull of some very good and articulated hi-hats.

Im using Battery 2 . I should buy DKFH and learn how to use it properly.

:err:

I guess what I can do is get drummers I know and record some samples myself.... :erk:

poidaobi said:
Im using Battery 2 . I should buy DKFH and learn how to use it properly.

:err:

I guess what I can do is get drummers I know and record some samples myself.... :erk:

yes, but that only helps with the quality of the samples, not the actual programming.

That recording would be the sound of Kev farting at various different frequencies, mixed with the distortion of a Fender Chump (typo is intentional) going into the Impulse of a small headphone speaker. But this can also be replicated by taking a Shure Sm57 and sticking it repeatedly where the sun definetly does not shine.